Final Fantasy X HD or Kingdom Hearts HD? Which is better game to buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Seems PS3 will have two PS2 classics remastered in HD going retail by the end of this year.

I have never played either of these games. I plan on probably buying both sooner or later. Question is which one did you like better and Why? Or are both awesome must haves?

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Since KH will include the Final Mix version of the first game, that's already some new content that countries outside of Japan haven't been able to experience. As for FFX, I haven't heard if they're using International as the base for the remaster or not, but from what I understand, it didn't add any new plot details, unlike Final Mix.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

(POTENTIAL SPOILERS) 

I would say Final Fantasy X.  I believe some of the issues of the Kingdom Hearts release will be fixed such as allocating the camera to the right analog stick.  I do not know if the combat system will be overhauled.  I do not know how the flow of the game will be with these changes in place.  Final Fantasy X was awesome for its time, and it probably holds up well by today's standards.  There is the infamous laughing seen and Luca right by the Highroad, but the game is still awesome.  The sidequests in Kingdom Hearts are kind of meh.  The gummi ship sections are rather boring and take a little while to get through.  The first battle against Ursula is rather annoying.  

FFX and FFX 2 is a better buy than Kingdom Hearts 1.5. 

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Hrm, good question.  I very much enjoy both series, but of the two I side with FFX/FFX-2 instead of the KH bundle

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Since KH will include the Final Mix version of the first game, that's already some new content that countries outside of Japan haven't been able to experience. As for FFX, I haven't heard if they're using International as the base for the remaster or not, but from what I understand, it didn't add any new plot details, unlike Final Mix.MAILER_DAEMON

It is the international version of FFX. So of course we get teh dark aeons.

For the TC, I highly recommend both games. Save some money if possible and get both, you shouldn't be disapointed. But if you want more bang for your buck, FFXHD/FFX-2HD will give you more gaming for your cash. The gameplay is great, the music is awesome, and well it's pretty damn good, besides for a couple of really stupid cut scenes, but regardless awesome game. I actually got Both of these titles the same day back when they launched (well around the time at least). 7th grade was so great to me for gaming because of these two gems.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i will probably get both
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I'm definitely getting both, I voted that they are equal :)

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

I will be getting both and hopefully I'll be able to play Kingdom Hearts 1 this time around without it making me feel sick for playing it too long, shame since I can play all the other titles in the series just fine. And never did Buy Final Fantasy X on PS2, but have played it. And guess if this were between Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD and FFX/X-2 I'd pick Kingdom Hearts 2, otherwise I guess I'm not sure which between the two I like better really.

Mehfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 1

#10 Mehfuz
Member since 2005 • 10290 Posts

looking forward KH

Avatar image for Zero_resistance
Zero_resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zero_resistance
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

Personally, I think FFX would hold my interest longer than KH.  But still both epic games, and well worth a re-purchase.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I vote for Kingdom Hearts HD on the PS3. Final Fantasy X I will get on the PSvita.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is the only PS3 game that I have waited for since 2006 the dawn of the PS3 era. I will get both.

So if I were you try to get both games. But if you only get one then FFX is a good start.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I'm absolutely buying both games day 1 (and would recommend you do the same if possible), but if I could only pick 1 I'd pick FFX because it's my favorite game of all time. I love the story and characters, and FFX has one of my favorite battle systems of any FF game. And the soundtrack in incredible.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

(POTENTIAL SPOILERS) 

I would say Final Fantasy X.  I believe some of the issues of the Kingdom Hearts release will be fixed such as allocating the camera to the right analog stick.  I do not know if the combat system will be overhauled.  I do not know how the flow of the game will be with these changes in place.  Final Fantasy X was awesome for its time, and it probably holds up well by today's standards.  There is the infamous laughing seen and Luca right by the Highroad, but the game is still awesome.  The sidequests in Kingdom Hearts are kind of meh.  The gummi ship sections are rather boring and take a little while to get through.  The first battle against Ursula is rather annoying.  

FFX and FFX 2 is a better buy than Kingdom Hearts 1.5. 

gamenerd15

I wouldn't really count this as a spoiler, but just in case. Possible more spoilers.

That laughing scene while akward, I think was on purpose. They are all gloomy and start of with the fake laugh, but then afterwords move into a actual real laugh. It was supposed to represent some of the dumb and embarrasing things we do as human beings. Like if you and a girl were to do that your friends would look very awkward at you too, just how the rest of the cast did to Tidus and Yuna and then start really laughing because now they think your a couple of nut jobs.

But overall while I liked Kingdom hearts and will be picking it up, FFX is by far the better game. FFX-2 isn't bad either, has a great battle system thats a merger of the older titles like 7 with the ATB and the job system of the early titles. Just yes, the dialog can be slightly corny sometimes and for some reason yuna now sings, but aside from that its a pretty good game.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i personally wont buy ether game, i disliked FFX personally i'd want a FF mystic quest hd game and that is just horrible.I never liked the KH series i have tried every game in the series and yet i always get bored with the games after a hour or two.
XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts

Seems PS3 will have two PS2 classics remastered in HD going retail by the end of this year.Mrmedia01

Lets hope they're here by the end of this year. I've been waiting on FFX HD for years now.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
It depends open whether or not they've fixed the camera in Kingdom Hearts. I haven't played that game in years, but what I most remember is it having a horrible camera and Billy Zane.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Absolutely there can only be one right answer: BOTH OF EFFING COURSE!

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I've enjoyed both a lot. Very difficult for me to say which I enjoyed more. FFX is a bit longer for people who want to get more bang for their buck.

KH comes with Re:Com and FFX comes with X-2. Neither are too good (though X-2 has a very loyal fanbase).

It's pretty much a coin toss.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

It depends open whether or not they've fixed the camera in Kingdom Hearts. I haven't played that game in years, but what I most remember is it having a horrible camera and Billy Zane.Canvas_Of_Flesh

The camera is now mapped to the 2nd analog stick instead of the R2/L2 buttons.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

That's a hard one..both games are memorable and very enjoyable. My personal preference would slightly go with the Final Fantasy X. 

When you can however, I would strongly recommend you do find the time and play Kingdom Hearts as well. ;)

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Final Fantasy X is a bad game. Bad combat system, linear design, horrible characters. Get Kingdom Hearts.
Avatar image for PelicanRebelLdr
PelicanRebelLdr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PelicanRebelLdr
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts
Final Fantasy X
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i buy both games
Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

FFXHD is the better deal, and the one I am looking most forward to.

I think the KHHD is kind of a waste because it only includes the first game and a bunch of those other games in the series that nobody cares about, instead of the second game.  I will still probably get it though, idk.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i loved ffx so i would go with that. kh is great and im hearing there is some new content for it....but ffx is in my top 10 games all time so yea

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
I like KH and I love FFX.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

FFX hands down - it's my favorite game of all time. 

I like Kingdom Hearts 1 alot but I feel like the dialogue/ characters are pretty childish and won't appeal to everyone. The gameplay isn't mindblowingly awesome either. It's mostly nostalgia for me