Final Fantasy Versus XIII may be released in NA before Final Fantasy XIII??????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WildDangles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 WildDangles92
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

I remember reading somewhere that square-enix wants Final Fantasy Versus XIII to be released worldwide in Europe, North America and Japan at the same time. If that is true them Versus may hit the shelves before the original Final Fantasy XIII because Versus is said to be finished before the end of 2009. What are your thoughts on this. Do you think they will delay it so they can release it after Final Fantasy XIII, or will Square come out and say it won't be released worldwide.

P.S: I'm currently looking for the articles where i read these rumours, if i find them and you would like to read them I will be glad to post the link.

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
i want ff versus 13 more than i want ff13 so i hope this is true.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
i would absolutely love that! but i doubt it somehow...
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
I would prefer FF 13 over VS, but i really do want both.
Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts
I think FFXIII will be released ( outside Japan ) in March 2009 and FF Versus XIII in hollyday season 2009
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I would prefer FFXIII to be released sooner, but I'm not complaining if it means we'd be able to get either of those games sooner. However at this rate, it seems unlikely if they're going to take just as much time as FFXIII for localization.
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts
I think FFXIII will be released ( outside Japan ) in March 2009 and FF Versus XIII in hollyday season 2009 Carnikoid85
You mean 2010 right? It's already 2009
blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts
Versus looks better than XIII. It would be fine with me if that happened
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Umm well idk if Square would allow that to happen. A side-game released before the main-game, doesn't make much sense even though they are not related at all. Just doesn't make much sense. Not to mention the fact that Square-enix also said they wanted a worldwide release with FFXII and FFXIII, look how that worked out. Just because the game is finished being developed doesn't exactly mean it will be localized to NA and especially Europe.
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
[QUOTE="WildDangles92"]

I remember reading somewhere that square-enix wants Final Fantasy Versus XIII to be released worldwide in Europe, North America and Japan at the same time. If that is true them Versus may hit the shelves before the original Final Fantasy XIII because Versus is said to be finished before the end of 2009. What are your thoughts on this. Do you think they will delay it so they can release it after Final Fantasy XIII, or will Square come out and say it won't be released worldwide.

P.S: I'm currently looking for the articles where i read these rumours, if i find them and you would like to read them I will be glad to post the link.

i'm more interested in FFXIII: Versus, so that's good for me if it's true...
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
I'm all up for that.. although i sincerly doubt either game will launch in NA before 2010
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
I could care less which one comes out first, I just want them to come out sooner rather than later. Hopefully January 1st, 2010 :P
YEPEE00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 4

#13 YEPEE00
Member since 2004 • 1277 Posts

i hope final fantasy 13 comes out 4 quarter 09

-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts
I would love this to be true...however, there was a rumour a while back that the Versus team had been pulled to help out on the main game. Although $quare Enix said at the time that teams often help out on each others projects, I believe $E would delay Versus to get XIII out the door first.
Tenaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tenaku
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts

A lot of people say that they think FFversusXIII looks better than FFXIII.

Well, I for one think that Versus should come after XIII. The reason why is because if by chance FFXIII is better than VersusXIII, doesn't matter, cuz FFXIII was supposed to come out first to begin with. But if VersusXIII is better than FFXIII, than that's even more reason why Versus should come out after! I bet that Final Fantasy XIII will be great when we play it first, and then Versus XIII will be even better when we play it next. But if we play the better one first, than that would reduce the greatness of whichever we play next. I like it when the second installment is better than the first. But that's just me.

But all in all who cares which is better, because they will probably offer a considerably different experience each.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
I would love this to be true...however, there was a rumour a while back that the Versus team had been pulled to help out on the main game. Although $quare Enix said at the time that teams often help out on each others projects, I believe $E would delay Versus to get XIII out the door first.-Grieves-
No Square didn't, they put some members of the Versus team(in their free time) on the FFXIII team to help get it out faster but as for totally shutting down the game till FFXIII finished thats false rumor past on about 7 months ago.
krylon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 krylon36
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
both are day one purchases for me but all we can do is wait and see what happens.
Box_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Box_Assassin
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

Any news on online content? I don't care which is better honestly since they both look (and seem to have another cool combat system) orgasmic...

lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
Not possible. I remember reading that they put 13V on hold as those developers are also working on 13. Once 13 is done, they will continue to work on versus.