Final Fantasy IX Coming To PSN?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

After the successful releases of Final Fantasy VII and VIII on the PlayStation Network, Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto has hinted that the the service may be getting Final Fantasy IX in the near future.

According to a report from andriasang.com, Hashimoto made the comment via the Square Enix Members twitter (which is in Japanese). After collecting community opinions regarding the game, Hashimoto said "Thanks to everyone for your opinions on FF IX. Regarding an FF IX download release, everyone is so passionate about it that I'll be proposing it at the next board meeting. Look forward to next week!"

Of the three main Final Fantasy entries on the PSone, FF IX sticks closest to the series' 8- and 16-bit heritage. Set in a ****c fantasy world full of ****c airships and mages, it is a departure from the more modernly **** FF VII and VIII. It's also the entry that has an awesome throwdown between my favorite summons, Bahamut and Alexander.

As Mr. Hashimoto suggests, I will look forward to next week to see if Square Enix has any announcements about the future of this chapter in the Final Fantasy series. If it does come to PSN, would you buy it?

Link

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
It will be on the PSN store sooner or later. And yeah ill be buying it because i haven't played it yet.
FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts

Day one buy for sure. I own an actual copy, but I would rather play it from the hard drive instead of using the discs. Plus i can then port it to my psp and take it on the go.

Im way excited. Its just a matter of time

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
Im getting it because i never beat it or owned the game. Borrowed the game and i dont even remember much about it. Now all you Square has to do is add Parasite Eve & Xenogears and i will be happy :)
Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Mitten123
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

Ill be getting it...as my original got nicked!

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
I still have the discs, but I still want it on PSN for all of those who haven't gotten the chance to enjoy it yet. It's just as amazing as the other two.
cosita46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 cosita46
Member since 2008 • 509 Posts

Thank you so much for the information :) I Love this game and I hope they do take it seriously and put it on PS3. Job well done 8)

I look forward to next week board meeting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 19061980
Member since 2005 • 961 Posts

Yeah, I want IX. But I REALLY want the PS1 version of VI to come out. Sure I could probably find a disk version, but it'll be (much) cheaper if they release it on PSN.

ProjectTrinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ProjectTrinity
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
My favorite Playstation 1 game. I hope all who haven't played it PICK IT UP. It doesn't move too far from "traditional" JRPG, but the way it does it is so entirely unique that it puts current generic JRPGs to shame.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
ive been wanting to try ix. hopefully, it will get a downloadable release.