Final Fantasy.. Is... Dead

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for AnubisofSumeria
AnubisofSumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AnubisofSumeria
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

In Rememberence Of The Greatest RPG Franchise That Was Ever Designed And Created

RIP

1987 - 2007

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
lolno. It my not be as good as it was. But it is FAR from dead.
AnubisofSumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AnubisofSumeria

I forgave after 13... i thought they was jus trying new turf but... after seeing 13-2... jesus man they killed it

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

No. We still have Versus Xlll & that looks pretty promising.

AnubisofSumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AnubisofSumeria

i do i hope my friend for versus 13.. it does seem to have that ff8 spice to it, but until we can get some solid info on gameplay then i will refrain from planting my little seed of hope

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MusashiSensi

i do i hope my friend for versus 13.. it does seem to have that ff8 spice to it, but until we can get some solid info on gameplay then i will refrain from planting my little seed of hope

AnubisofSumeria
It definitely has a mix of FF8 in it because of Noctus's team. Ha! One of his crew members screams Irving from FF8.
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

It certainly isn't what it used to be. All multigenerational series change with time, but FF is one of those that has veered far off track.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

MusashiSensi

I can't wait for 2017 :P

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MusashiSensi
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

I can't wait for 2017 :P

HAHAHAHAH! Hey, we still have TGS so lets see if we FINALLY get a release date.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

These threads make me laugh, why do people think its cool to bash SE and FF?

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MusashiSensi

crimsonman1245
Well, to be honest Xlll wasn't one to hit all the fans in a good way so to an extent I can see how some fans are unhappy. I on the other hand would not give up on the FF series since I have been gaming on it since the Nintendo says. By the way, I am one of those who didn't like Xlll & felt it was a bit stripped compared to some of the classics in the series.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

crimsonman1245
I don't think people post things to be "cool"... SquareEnix has been making a lot of TERRIBLE games lately, and FFXIII was just one of many... Just my opinion of course.
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
I agree, it's dead to me.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I'm pretty sure the only thing good they are involved with is the up and coming DeusEx and hopefully they aren't involved hands-on or it will turn out bad as well.

Squeenix just isn't the grand game making company it once was.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

2007? What's significant about that year? Revenant wings?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 commonfate

I will say out of all the series the Final Fantasy fans are the pickiest.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

So I guess I'm the only one who reads Famitsu then? in their latest article..

There are lots of changes in the battle system – you can for example have monsters in your party? It's intended to be more strategic with you able to play by combining different roles. Monsters take different roles, and with their inclusion you can make your own composition.

There are also other elements included – you can replay it now. New game+ sort of thing? Yes, and other elements which will make replaying an interesting experience. For example, this will be the first Final Fantasy title with multiple endings.

That with the inclusion of one of the latest trailers from Japan showing off what looks like towns and non linear gameplay segments this could just be shaping up to be a great FF.. www.famitsu.com/news/201106/09044894.html

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I dont think Famitsu is credible, or in english. :P
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MusashiSensi

I will say out of all the series the Final Fantasy fans are the pickiest.

commonfate
SOME are picky. However, you can't blame some of us fans for being picky at the end of the day. I mean that would be like getting on the REAL DB FANS (like myself) & saying we are picky for not liking GT, man. Not everyone is satisfied easily or at all. Some of today's gamers rely on reviews & what someone else recommends while some others rely on what they KNOW they want & what THEY KNOW is good. This is just my opinion of course.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 commonfate

I dont think Famitsu is credible, or in english. :PMethodManFTW

Nonsense, Famitsu gave Wind Waker and Final Fantasy XII a perfect score. That's plenty of credibility to me :P

AnubisofSumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AnubisofSumeria

guys let me just say...

there are 'Fans' of FF and then theres 'True Fans' of FF.. the difference between the two is that 'Fans' of FF are just your Typical fans of RPG's in general.. Where as 'True Fans' are fans of the actual Final Fantasy franchise and its usually the 'Fans' that bring the argument in saying "what you moaning for its still a good game" or "you gotta keep up with the times, its the next generation of the game" etc

Now there will always be a dispute between the two fan types because the 'True Fans' fell in love with final fantasy for a reason..

One of the main reasons was its core formula.. and one section of this was the fully expanded world in which you had total freedom of choice to explore, not to mention all the towns and citys associated with this.. One of the delights was that you never knew what you would come across on your travels ie powerful weapon, hidden items, secret boss etc.

This is one of my personal issues with the current FF's.. this freedom has been replaced with linear gameplay... all through FF13 it was get from point A to Point B with the exception of the near end of the game where it did open up alittle but this was still poor regarding it was jus a big arena where one could level up.

Dont forget 'Fans' this move from totally expansive gameplay to a linear boxplay to 'True Fans' is shocking.

but let me move on because i'll be writing forever lolz

The argument of the game evolving into the nex gen is no excuse... no excuse at all and heres why...

Look at metal gear solid for ps1, this game has made the leap over to next gen already (MGS4 PS3).. but did hideo kojima change the core mechanics just because it was next gen!? Nooooo he didnt he kept it.. why?.. because that is what made the MGS franchise, thats what fans new and loved. Play MGS4 today and it near enough resembles the experience (gameplay wise) to its predecessor.

AnubisofSumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AnubisofSumeria

commonfate
FF12.. see they kinda nailed the nex gen version of FF with 12 because it was still open world, plus enhanced graphics.. i duno what went wrong.. i think its just all about makin big money now, they wanna appeal to as big of an audience as they can, hence the drastic changes
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 commonfate

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

AnubisofSumeria

FF12.. see they kinda nailed the nex gen version of FF with 12 because it was still open world, plus enhanced graphics.. i duno what went wrong.. i think its just all about makin big money now, they wanna appeal to as big of an audience as they can, hence the drastic changes

That's odd most people consider FF12 the worst of the bunch yet it is my personal favorite game of all time.

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Huh, then by your logic it would have died years ago after VIII came out. BUT 9 came to save it :D. Just like back then, we must be patient and wait for another great FF *cough* Vesus*cough*. Many series have a few cruddy games, doesn't mean th series is dead bro.

AnubisofSumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AnubisofSumeria
FF12 wasnt a bad game.. i was more giving an example on how they delt with the whole travel concept in 12, they was on the right track in developing something along those lines. my personal faves are FF8,9 to me they are masterpieces, theres something magical about them no other FF has been able to capture and nor likely will but we have all our own favourite final fantasy.
AnubisofSumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AnubisofSumeria

Huh, then by your logic it would have died years ago after VIII came out. BUT 9 came to save it :D. Just like back then, we must be patient and wait for another great FF *cough* Vesus*cough*. Many series have a few cruddy games, doesn't mean th series is dead bro.

BakedDank420
lost me there abit... all FF's have the core mechanics except 13. I do hope your right 13 n 13-2 i hope their just a phase.. but like i say we'll kno more when solid versus info arrives
BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Oh sorry, kinda bein a smart ass, kuz i thought u just said 13 sucked so the series is dead, so i said well, 8 sucked, and then they came out with 9. But i read u like 8 so :? lol. Your argument is sound though, 13 lacked everything that made the previous games great, in fact nearly all of them, kinda like they TRIED to make it COMPLETELY different than the rest. Like you said before, in the old games, i loved talking to random towns folk and finding bits of info about the world, and maybe side quests. Also fighting side bosses and secret bosses, and exploring the world map. I just hope they TRY to put these in Versus. Hell we have a whole Blu Ray disc, i just think they didn't have enough room on the xbox disc to fit all the extra content, hence the 4 discs LOL.

AnubisofSumeria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AnubisofSumeria

No worries brother (Y)

An your right, this is WHY we fell in love with these games

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

I've never understood the appealof the FF series. All i ever see are teenage boys with impossibly spiked hair and seizure-inducing colors all over the place and I'm over here like "omglolwtfbbq?"

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

[QUOTE="AnubisofSumeria"]

MusashiSensi

It definitely has a mix of FF8 in it because of Noctus's team. Ha! One of his crew members screams Irving from FF8.

yea, well, all of them also scream Japanese boy band, so we'll see... :P

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
It's not dead, but since FF12, the series has been going into a direction I don't really... understand. Hopefully, FF13v will provide that "magic" that's been missing since the FF's of old, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part...
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I dont think Famitsu is credible, or in english. :PMethodManFTW
Famitsu's more credible than most english gaming sites and magazines.. and no, its not in english, but thats what googletranslate and numerous other translate programs are for ;)
Jedicus192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jedicus192
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I sort of agree with TC. Although the franchise isn't entirely dead, it is no longer as great as it once was. It's a shame because the Final Fantasy VII - X all had a great impact in my life :(
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i really enjoyed the series up until 10, 10 i found enjoyable but didn't like because of the linear nature of it. i didn't like the mmo feel for ff12 and ff13 was abysmal to me in everything but the graphics and somewhat the music dept.

so in these ways, i agree with the ts. ff as i knew it, loved it and grew up with it is dead. now its some bad joke, a parody of its former self. kinda like fred durst.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

FFX was the last one i enjoyed. X-2, XII, XIII i didn't like at all.. i will give FF one more chance with versus, if i don't like then i am done with FF.

HiImUPSMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HiImUPSMan
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

ff9 was the last enjoyable FF. everything past 9 was just cheesy garbage.

Tales>FF

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
FFXIII was great, interested in what they're gonna do with XIII-2, especially after that little trailer bit and maybe someday we'll even get Versus XIII, maybe.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i frankly want them to go back to FFXII/tactics loved that world and setting