Final Fantasy Dissidia thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

Hey guys,

I am surprised there isn't any dissidia threads since it came out. how are you guys liking the game so far? i am totally consumed by it. the content they put in this game is just ridiculous. you can replay the levels over and over. although the battle system does get tiring sometime. some of the bosses are crazy hard too and they cheat like no tomorrow. the summon they use is basically you hit them and they gain bravery, and they can kill you off with one hit. also the dodge system sucks. opponent attacks you, you dodge, you counter attack, oppoenent dodge, opponent counter attacks, you dodge, you counter attack, opponent dodges, you get where i am going? the game seems to be linear but every now and then you run into a rare boss thats extremely difficult to beat. anyway i payed with cloud and got it to lvl 85. still havent finished the last chapter where i face off chaos yet. how are you guys progressing in this game? are you getting bored or having fun with it?

XBryanFuryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 XBryanFuryX
Member since 2009 • 845 Posts

Im starting to lose interest in it, been about a week of playing it....

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I'm probably pretty bad at this game, because I keep getting mybutt kicked by some of these opponents I keep fighting. I don't really like the story mode too much or whatever you call it. :S I think I just need more practice. To me, Dissidia is only an alright-game, even though I'm an FF fan. I'm not very far into it yet.

XBryanFuryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XBryanFuryX

I beat chaos so i qualify myself as a good player lmao

the game acctually got boring after i did that...

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasontdoto

what lvl were u when u beat chaos? and what character did you use to beat it?

blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

I played it for about 5 days straight then I went back to school and play time has been greatly reduced. I got Squall to about level 70 and I am close to the end.

XBryanFuryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XBryanFuryX

I beat it with Cloud...dont remember his lvl at that time, i remember it was like 4-5 more than chaos had!!

I got Sephie to lvl 99 now...

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Think im getting this game :)
Schultz38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Schultz38
Member since 2009 • 745 Posts

I am getting this game soon. Right now I'm kind of broke:( But it's near the top of my list:D

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I'm not th best at fighting games, so it's taking me awhile to get used to the gameplay, but I like it so far. The story seems mediocre at best, but that's not a big deal.

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jasontdoto

i finished chaos with cloud yesterday night. my cloud was lvl 100 lol and the boss was too easy for me. i power levelled by doing quick battles against lvl 100 opponents. even if you dont win you can still keep the exp. once you beat the game there is this duel colloseum mode that opens up. thats really cool too to get items from to get super gear for your characters. i still have yet to finish a lot of the story mode characters. the story sucks. sometimes i feel like skipping unwatched cut scenes cuz of the long boring melodrama going on. i feel like beating the characters with a stick for being so depressing. squall and cloud gives the most boring speeches. unbelieveable how cloud and sephiroth has such a big fan base out there, yet i think they are the most emo characters ever developed in a game. lets go kratos. bring over kratos to this game to lighten up the atmosphere LOL. "you dare challenge a God?"- straight from soul calibur broken destiny.

Mafia217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#13 Mafia217
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts

Some statements are true. The story mode is basically from different angles and perspectives so all I do is just skip through it. (They tend to over use the words dreams and future too much too). Sometimes if you are trying to learn a character from scratch it can get frustrating b/c the AI sometimes do some moves that make your jaws drop, and dodge/block like 0.2 secs before the actual game considers it a hit. All characters are well designed so I give them credit (both graphically and in terms of moves{though some moves are more overpowered than others}).

As for the question asked by TC, I'm still having fun, though sometimes I feel I'm in a grind fest, but the only thing that is keeping me playing is having to unlock Gabranth, still need to finish Onion Knight, Terra and Warrior of Light stories.

karas1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 karas1234
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

I am having fun playing as Gabranth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nze3NK6xkk

shabulia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 shabulia
Member since 2004 • 2625 Posts

Personally, I love the game. I can't devote as much time to it as I would like because I have a girlfriend, a full time job, and college. I usued to have the Japanese version but I foung it was way too text heavy for me to know what the hell I was doing. I have spent a good 30+ hours with it since the American version released and I have found time to write a review. Here's the link to if if you are interested:

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/dissidiafinalfantasy/player_review.html?id=678174&tag=all-about;review2

Let me know what you think of it. Thanks.

shabulia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shabulia

Wow. I guess someone read my review and didn't agree with what I had to say about the game. That's too bad.

slbdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slbdevil
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts

i don't like the game that much..

maybe because i got my ass kicked multiple times, by my friend on Ad-Hoc mode. :roll:

Spoiledgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 Spoiledgenius
Member since 2009 • 622 Posts

This thread is fail. Nothing Interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b78379493e12

Wow. I guess someone read my review and didn't agree with what I had to say about the game. That's too bad.

shabulia

Shame, I thought it was a great review!

shabulia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shabulia

[QUOTE="shabulia"]

jimkabrhel

Many thanks, Jim. I tried to check your profile and add you as a friend but your profile is set to private. If you are interested, then track my profile and I'll add you. I appreciate the compliment on my review.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b78379493e12

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

[QUOTE="shabulia"]

shabulia

Many thanks, Jim. I tried to check your profile and add you as a friend but your profile is set to private. If you are interested, then track my profile and I'll add you. I appreciate the compliment on my review.

Done. And profile should be available too.

I haven't been able to put as much time into Dissidia as I wish, but with Labor Day weekend. :D

pime2night

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pime2night
Member since 2009 • 104 Posts

You know what..I neverstop playing Final Fantasy games, included Dissidia. It the game of all games for me.

Spoiledgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#25 Spoiledgenius
Member since 2009 • 622 Posts
[QUOTE="Spoiledgenius"]

jasontdoto
you are a troll, nothing interesting about you either. go troll somewhere else.

I think you are,if you are thinking i m trolling then it's ok buddy. Cause i don't wanna argue in such topic which is useless.
jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jasontdoto
[QUOTE="jasontdoto"][QUOTE="Spoiledgenius"]

Spoiledgenius
you are a troll, nothing interesting about you either. go troll somewhere else.

I think you are,if you are thinking i m trolling then it's ok buddy. Cause i don't wanna argue in such topic which is useless.

LOL i made the topic for those playing the game and wanted their opinions. if you think this is useless, by all means don't participate. i am sure no one cares. by using a one word "fail" to describe an entire thread were people are participating and you have no other way of saying why it fails because you can't come up with an explanation other than using the word "fail" is what i consider to be useless in a discussion thread. it's great you don't want to argue. move along please.
jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jasontdoto

[QUOTE="shabulia"]

jimkabrhel

i just read your review. at first i pretty much figured its a review written by a ff fanboy cuz of your avatar(is that vivi from ff? not sure) i liked the review. although i personally like stressing more on the negatives about a game. the camera angles can get real bad in smaller stages, and the story line is very weak. but i do agree, compared to any other fighting game out there for the psp, the story line still is way better. i guess i just expect a LOT from any squareenix games. its a great game, i just don't think it deserves anything above a 9 though score wise. i would give it an 8.5 or 8 myself.
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

***TINY TINY SPOILERS BY THE WAY*****

Got the game 3 days ago, played through Cloud, Zidane, Tidus and now going for Squalls chapter. And well, to be honest I'm a bit disappointed. To me the game isn't that fun.. My biggest complaints are:

- I think those 1+ dp conditions are stupid. Like, EX BURST within 10 seconds of the fight, kill the guy within 10 seconds. They're just really frustrating.
- The cutscenes are simply boring, it's a complete snorefest. Every damn cutscenes goes something like this:

Main character: *emo comments and super deep philosophy crap*
Villain: Ahaahaha! *starts poetic ramble on how the world shall be theirs and how you shall suffer eternally* *talks more poetic crap that makes no sense like "Beneath the full moon shall the blue rose rise once again, but only then shall it experience true satisfaction" (made that up by the way)*

Now for some reason this villain knows it all but the main character can't figure it out at all so he spends all the next cutscenes trying to figure out what exactly this means, how does he really feel deep down his heart?

Now, I've only played 4 chapters but they've all been like this so I'm gonna assume the other chapters are just as lame and boring.

danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Great gameplay, boring storyline. Cutscenes were bunch of crap.

jnino92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jnino92
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts

This is my first FF game, anyone mind telling me what i should know about the events leading up to this game?

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jasontdoto

***TINY TINY SPOILERS BY THE WAY*****

Got the game 3 days ago, played through Cloud, Zidane, Tidus and now going for Squalls chapter. And well, to be honest I'm a bit disappointed. To me the game isn't that fun.. My biggest complaints are:

- I think those 1+ dp conditions are stupid. Like, EX BURST within 10 seconds of the fight, kill the guy within 10 seconds. They're just really frustrating.
- The cutscenes are simply boring, it's a complete snorefest. Every damn cutscenes goes something like this:

Main character: *emo comments and super deep philosophy crap*
Villain: Ahaahaha! *starts poetic ramble on how the world shall be theirs and how you shall suffer eternally* *talks more poetic crap that makes no sense like "Beneath the full moon shall the blue rose rise once again, but only then shall it experience true satisfaction" (made that up by the way)*

Now for some reason this villain knows it all but the main character can't figure it out at all so he spends all the next cutscenes trying to figure out what exactly this means, how does he really feel deep down his heart?

Now, I've only played 4 chapters but they've all been like this so I'm gonna assume the other chapters are just as lame and boring.

xWoW_Rougex

you got it right. the story won't get any better with all the other chapters. this game can get addicting if you are really into grinding for better items. you have to constantly play over and over to beat lvl 100 characters to get equipment or get the items required to trade for a piece of equipment. i finished every single story chapters then got addicted to collecting items for my lvl 100 character. i enjoyed that too till i came to a point where i realized instead of wasting my time trying so hard to get the items i can just download a 100% completed save file and have all the godly items. so i did that and now i don't have a reason to play it anymore besides having fun with some of the characters. i gotta say though, the AI in this north american version is one of the best AI i have seen in a fighting game. my lvl 100 character sometimes can't beat other lvl 100 characters because the AI is just too good. also cuz some of the characters are too over powered or mis matched. btw cloud lvl 100, isn't that great lol. try ject lvl 100, or gabranth lvl 100.

Viper_GTS-R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Viper_GTS-R
Member since 2004 • 4454 Posts
I've completed FF 2,4 and 7 and am currently doing the Tidus storyline,its a great game, a must buy for any PSP owner, can't wait to complete all of the stories so I can start doing battles via wi fi.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

I've played the **** out of it since it came out. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated over it too. Some of the computers are really cheap. The only reason I'm still playing is to get Gabranth and that chick from FFXI. I'm guessing they're unlocked after beating Shade Impulse. I hope so at least.

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jasontdoto

I've played the **** out of it since it came out. I'm starting to get a bit frustrated over it too. Some of the computers are really cheap. The only reason I'm still playing is to get Gabranth and that chick from FFXI. I'm guessing they're unlocked after beating Shade Impulse. I hope so at least.

KH-mixerX
lol. i know what you mean. some of the random fights are just so difficult. i never had the urge to throw my psp against the wall till i played this game. its just that they are very cheap in the summon they use or how much overpowered they are compared to you and you cant make a single mistake. you get the opponent 3 or 4 times and he still doesn't die, he gets you one time with a combo, he breaks your bravery, and kills you on the spot. how fair is that.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

jasontdoto

lol. i know what you mean. some of the random fights are just so difficult. i never had the urge to throw my psp against the wall till i played this game. its just that they are very cheap in the summon they use or how much overpowered they are compared to you and you cant make a single mistake. you get the opponent 3 or 4 times and he still doesn't die, he gets you one time with a combo, he breaks your bravery, and kills you on the spot. how fair is that.

You don't even knoiw how long I could rant about how frustrating this game is. But there must be something in it that I like because no matter how many times I die, I hit retry every single time. It's sad. I've had many evil thoughts of destruction over the last week becasue of this game. And I still don't have Gabranth. I want him!!!!!!

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jasontdoto

[QUOTE="jasontdoto"][QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

KH-mixerX

You don't even knoiw how long I could rant about how frustrating this game is. But there must be something in it that I like because no matter how many times I die, I hit retry every single time. It's sad. I've had many evil thoughts of destruction over the last week becasue of this game. And I still don't have Gabranth. I want him!!!!!!

have to complete 5 character's Destiny Odyssey, then complete shade impule for one of them. this will open up a new story Distant Glory(hero mode). complete that will allow you to buy shantoo from pp catalog. then finish all the other character's Destiny Odyssey, this will open up Distant Glory(villain mode)(added story) as well as Inward Chaos(additional story). after you beat both Distant Glory, you can buy gabranth as well from PP catalog. as far as frustrations go, ya i too hit the Retry button each time i lost, because each time i thought OK i can do this, just need to time everything perfectly. then there are some battles that are just too difficult to win. there have been times where i retried against a rare boss 5 times or more, and lost each time, and then i won all of a sudden and i have no idea how i won that last time.
toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I actually somehow, got a lot better at this game. I suck at fighting games but it seems after I finished the Warrior of Light story mode(absolutely terrible with this dude), I just started kicking all kinds of ass with Bartz and Cloud. I don't actually like Cloud too much since he seems kind of slow....all hail Bartz! This game has gotten me even more addicted to playing it.

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts

This game plays just like the dragon ball z sparking/budokai tenkaichi games that had came out. Though the controls are a LOT easier. Its not a bad game for sure, but a simple borrow or even the demo will get you your fix.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
I'm starting to lose interest, cause I got the japanese one also and on that one I have Tidus lvl 100, Jecht lvl 100, Sephirot lvl 100, and It's kinda hard to do it all over again, It's going to be a long way, but I'll try to master it..... again