Final Fantasy 7 Remake not dead..maybe.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts

link.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

I was about to start raging.

Looks interesting, but not getting my hopes up - actually, I'm pretty apathetic about the game in general.

I've already played the game once, so a remake would just be another pretty face. Nothing else in the game was good enough for me to warrant another play-through.

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 gangster480
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

i really cant understand why they won't just remake the damn game. it will take way less time to make than 13, the story is the biggest part of a final fantasy game and thats done, just rebuild it with final fantasy 13's engine, keep the same gameplay it has, get some voice actors. BAM millions of units sold!!

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
it's a classic so to remake it is just in bad taste to be honest. on the other hand, if it were done right, i'd support it.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
I'm really hoping it happens. I'm not gonna lie. I'd get completely retarded for a FFVII remake. It'd be cool if they could do a console release of Crisis Core, too, but I won't push my luck! ;)
Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Can't you people let this FF-7 thing go man..There are better FF games out there that are worthy of a re-make like FF-8..But to me FF-10 was the best and will always be the best.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
lol how many ways has it been said that this wasn't going to happen? I guess SE is seeing the dollar signs they can get for doing a facelift and are now thinking about it.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 frostybanana
lol how many ways has it been said that this wasn't going to happen? I guess SE is seeing the dollar signs they can get for doing a facelift and are now thinking about it.Sepewrath
that's really the name of the game, the money. that's why i DON'T want to see a remake because I feel like they're going to do it in poor taste like cramming the thing full of noninteractive cutscenes and taking out basic character development in favor of a more stylized game. again, if they got the right team for it I'd be on board though.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]lol how many ways has it been said that this wasn't going to happen? I guess SE is seeing the dollar signs they can get for doing a facelift and are now thinking about it.frostybanana
that's really the name of the game, the money. that's why i DON'T want to see a remake because I feel like they're going to do it in poor taste like cramming the thing full of noninteractive cutscenes and taking out basic character development in favor of a more stylized game. again, if they got the right team for it I'd be on board though.

How about a Chrono Cross remake?

Then there'd be no excuse for Serge to be mute.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]lol how many ways has it been said that this wasn't going to happen? I guess SE is seeing the dollar signs they can get for doing a facelift and are now thinking about it.Scianix-Black

haha, nah i'd hate that too. Serge was mute so he'd reflect your own personality, which I don't actually like so much, but the plot made up for it. If they made good with Chrono Break, I'd absolutely love that. A lot of the developers were interested in returning for it as well, but it never took flight because they didn't think they could make that much money with it.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] that's really the name of the game, the money. that's why i DON'T want to see a remake because I feel like they're going to do it in poor taste like cramming the thing full of noninteractive cutscenes and taking out basic character development in favor of a more stylized game. again, if they got the right team for it I'd be on board though.frostybanana

haha, nah i'd hate that too. Serge was mute so he'd reflect your own personality, which I don't actually like so much, but the plot made up for it. If they made good with Chrono Break, I'd absolutely love that. A lot of the developers were interested in returning for it as well, but it never took flight because they didn't think they could make that much money with it.

Yeah... sad. And then those people who were working on a fan fiction sequel to CC on the PC were shut down by Square. It looked really good, too. :[

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
I'd prefer a Final Fantasy VIII remake. Would be great to see Rinoa with today's graphical capabilities.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

If Square won't do it, he will.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
If they don't want to do a full game remake, I'd be happy with a cgi movie remake of the original story. That way they don't have to think up gameplay or re-use xiii's battle system (as great as it is, no one will let it go if vii-remake just copied the gameplay). Heck I'd be happy with a cgi remake movie of most ff games. The story is why I revisit the games anyway, it would just be easier with a movie.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]lol how many ways has it been said that this wasn't going to happen? I guess SE is seeing the dollar signs they can get for doing a facelift and are now thinking about it.Scianix-Black

There's something about the game's visual design I really didn't like, I dunno. The game itself was absolutely great and there was an ass load of possibilities but the visual design just me go 'DO NOT WANT'.

O-T - Anything for teh monieez eh S-E? FF7 is already like the top download on PSN, the way I see it, this is just a way to make a huge amount of money than actual fan service.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Im pretty sure it will come eventually.

The real question is when?

PhoenixHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PhoenixHD
Member since 2010 • 106 Posts

I'd love to see a remake with the models used in advent children. They have re-made all the earlier ones how many times now? It's about due for a make-over

NightlyOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NightlyOne
Member since 2009 • 331 Posts

I'd like to see a remake. However, the thing about remakes is that they're always extremely hit-or-miss, because I'm sure a company is not going to want to do an exact carbon copy of a previous product. I'm certain they will try to incorporate "new and refreshing ideas" to keep the remake interesting. Take video-game-to-movie adaptations for example. While they pretty much are a differing derivation of the main story, they still maintain quite a few of the old elements to give it that familiar feeling (unless said movie is directed by Uwe Boll).

With that, a remake of FFVII could be completely amazing, or it could be considered a complete abomination, and fans will accuse Square of butchering the story or not doing this or that... in short, people will probably shoot down these "new and refreshing ideas" on the basis that it departs too much from the original in some form or fashion.

Anyways, I would really love to see Square to, at the very least, give it a shot. If it's good, it's good. If not, I'll just stick with the original.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
I'll take an HD remake like that of the GOW collection. It doesn't have to be a complete overhaul..
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
This is a good thing indeed. But im getting bored with FF. They would need to make it as magical as it was on the PS1 in order for me to purchase it.
Blackbase88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blackbase88
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

I think ide only like this on DS i mean FF7 was good in its time but i think they start focusing on more FF games that are more...... well....... like FF13

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

If SE does an actual Remake of FF7, I WILL dance to that!

gizmo_dave100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gizmo_dave100
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

if they remake ff7 i will **** my pants with happiness and be proud of it!

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts
It will happen. SE is all talk right now and I wouldn't be surprised if I see something at E3.
mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts
You do know you can download it at the Playstation store, right? Play it on the PS3 or the PSP. Looks good too. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a high def make over.
Falinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Falinx
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts
as much as i loath them milking 7 for everything they possibly can...i would buy this remake and not think twice about it.
kmorty33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kmorty33
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

I enjoyed FF VII when it originally came out on the Ps1 and thought it was one of the best RPGs that I had played, but I don't think I have any interest in playing it again just because the graphics would be better. I think the random battles and the silly mini-games would just drag on and on and be very boring compared to the modern games that are available now.

lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
I'll be optimistic about it. thought no way would they rerelease MvsC2 for online play, but it actually did happen.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Now...I'm an enormous FF/SE fan...and I would get completely stupid over an FF7 remake, but they'd have to do it right. It would probably be the most scrutinized game ever released, fans and critics everywhere making comparisons, checking story abnormalities, dialogue changes. An FFVII remake, with Advent Children's graphics and voice acting, would be fantastic. But god help SE if they f*** it up. It might even be a PS4 thing, as there's still another 7 years of the FFVII 20 year anniversary dealie. Dunno, but I'm confident it will be done at some point.

xX-Incubus-Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xX-Incubus-Xx
Member since 2009 • 1120 Posts

Now...I'm an enormous FF/SE fan...and I would get completely stupid over an FF7 remake, but they'd have to do it right. It would probably be the most scrutinized game ever released, fans and critics everywhere making comparisons, checking story abnormalities, dialogue changes. An FFVII remake, with Advent Children's graphics and voice acting, would be fantastic. But god help SE if they f*** it up. It might even be a PS4 thing, as there's still another 7 years of the FFVII 20 year anniversary dealie. Dunno, but I'm confident it will be done at some point.

Khadaj32

Exactly my thinking. It's why it hasn't been remade yet. The media would pick on every little detail and so would fans and non fans alike. If they kept everything that made it FF7 I would pick it up, but if they changed it to be all cinematic like 13, then I don't think I woul ruin the original by playing a crappy updated version.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="xX-Incubus-Xx"]

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

Exactly my thinking. It's why it hasn't been remade yet. The media would pick on every little detail and so would fans and non fans alike. If they kept everything that made it FF7 I would pick it up, but if they changed it to be all cinematic like 13, then I don't think I woul ruin the original by playing a crappy updated version.

I totally agree with both you guys. If they did anything stupid like changing the battle system and/or exploration to appeal to the western market I would fly to japan and start a riot (not an online petition.. a RIOT!). However, if they stayed true and kept everything exact frame for frame like in that awesome tech demo they did then I'd be all over it. I'd probably lay it next to me in bed at night.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="xX-Incubus-Xx"]

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

TheEldestGod

I totally agree with both you guys. If they did anything stupid like changing the battle system and/or exploration to appeal to the western market I would fly to japan and start a riot (not an online petition.. a RIOT!). However, if they stayed true and kept everything exact frame for frame like in that awesome tech demo they did then I'd be all over it. I'd probably lay it next to me in bed at night.

Indeed. And I'd understand them wanting to tweak and change some things, but they would have to be completely loyal to the original. If it was something like...adding another accessory slot. Okay, I can dig it. If it was something a little more serious, like screwing around with the materia system, then I'd be pissed. Minor tweaks are fine, though.

"I'd probably lay it next to me in bed at night." Hawt.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 frostybanana

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="xX-Incubus-Xx"]Exactly my thinking. It's why it hasn't been remade yet. The media would pick on every little detail and so would fans and non fans alike. If they kept everything that made it FF7 I would pick it up, but if they changed it to be all cinematic like 13, then I don't think I woul ruin the original by playing a crappy updated version.

Khadaj32

Indeed. And I'd understand them wanting to tweak and change some things, but they would have to be completely loyal to the original. If it was something like...adding another accessory slot. Okay, I can dig it. If it was something a little more serious, like screwing around with the materia system, then I'd be pissed. Minor tweaks are fine, though.

oh my god, if they crap on the materia system i'll be so mad. i've always wanted an expanded version of that system, i loved it.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Khadaj32

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"] I totally agree with both you guys. If they did anything stupid like changing the battle system and/or exploration to appeal to the western market I would fly to japan and start a riot (not an online petition.. a RIOT!). However, if they stayed true and kept everything exact frame for frame like in that awesome tech demo they did then I'd be all over it. I'd probably lay it next to me in bed at night. frostybanana

oh my god, if they crap on the materia system i'll be so mad. i've always wanted an expanded version of that system, i loved it.

Agreed, and good point. An expansion of it, if handled correctly, would be great! Keeping the core mechanic in place while adding depth would be a plus.

Dimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Dimb
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts

If they re did VII i would like them to update it to reflect the fact that Genesis existed and to correct any other bits of the canon that they may have changed since its release. That being said i would actually prefere a sequel rather than a remake. But i'll take either.