Final Fantasy 7 HD remix

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

Would that be awesome or what?

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
Dunt Kare
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Its ONLY FF7 why do we need all of the remakes. Im a huge FF fan but i think the game is so overly hyped its unreal. I though the game was average.
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

I rather have a new ip game instead of a remake of an old game.

SimoSays2541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SimoSays2541
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

I'd rather see Final Fantasy XIII and XIV released in the next decade than that. Like many other people have said, this game has been hyped into Oblivion, it really isn't all that great. Final Fantasy IX deserves the hype more imo.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Its ONLY FF7 why do we need all of the remakes. Im a huge FF fan but i think the game is so overly hyped its unreal. I though the game was average.-Hoax-
I agree I have played better FF titles. Not that FF7 was bad but it isn't the best FF title and it is even Square best titles. Also instead of a remake how about new IP's?

sirownzalotII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sirownzalotII
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i already own this on ps1 but i would love it in HD!!! just leave everything else the same but make the graphics in HD
sirownzalotII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sirownzalotII
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Its ONLY FF7 why do we need all of the remakes. Im a huge FF fan but i think the game is so overly hyped its unreal. I though the game was average.-Hoax-
i agree i think that FFIX and X were better, but there is a lot of nastalgia there and i think the atmosphere is best in 7... its like a medeivel fantasy set in a sci-fi enviornment, but the rest of the world is like more traditional setting expected of RPG's i dont know its just a great game, and it had the best chars... hands down... but i like the gameplay and level systems better in 9and 10
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
good god, first you people complain about " when are they going to release FF7 on the PSN?" NOW THAT ITS FINALLY ON THERE your going to start this " they should make a FF7 HD remix" crap?! you people are never satisfied
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Hoax-
good god, first you people complain about " when are they going to release FF7 on the PSN?" NOW THAT ITS FINALLY ON THERE your going to start this " they should make a FF7 HD remix" crap?! you people are never satisfied LP4EVA2005
+1
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I'd trade Last Remanent, FFXII Agito or whatever, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cebaros, and other B.S garbage game SE made for FFVII remake.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]Its ONLY FF7 why do we need all of the remakes. Im a huge FF fan but i think the game is so overly hyped its unreal. I though the game was average.jasonharris48

I agree I have played better FF titles. Not that FF7 was bad but it isn't the best FF title and it is even Square best titles. Also instead of a remake how about new IP's?

Did you play the game when it was released or years after?
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]Its ONLY FF7 why do we need all of the remakes. Im a huge FF fan but i think the game is so overly hyped its unreal. I though the game was average.Big_Bad_Sad

Did you play the game when it was released or years after?

I'll put it like like this it was my first PlayStation title when the game had came out to the states. Just to add I've been playing FF gmaes since FF4 came tot the states as FF2. Like I said I don't think it is a bad game at all but it just isn't the great RPG everybody makes it out to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts
[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]good god, first you people complain about " when are they going to release FF7 on the PSN?" NOW THAT ITS FINALLY ON THERE your going to start this " they should make a FF7 HD remix" crap?! you people are never satisfied

-1 People have wanted this for the longest time. Putting it on the PSN is cool, but most people that would care about that already have the game...
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i wont buy it cuz i already bought the ff7 that came out yesterday on the store, i mean if they really going to pull some $h1t like that the F square enix they really are lil scums.....they cant just release ff7 and few weeks later do a HD remix, i never played a ff game before and everyone praised ff7 so i wanted to see wat the fuss is all about, i still didnt get the chance to play it but i read and saw few videos it looks promising for a ps1 game, so we will see. but no F hd remizes if they wanted to do they should of done it instead of releasin the original and few weeks later they do HD remix im pretty sure ppl will be mad and happy
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]Its ONLY FF7 why do we need all of the remakes. Im a huge FF fan but i think the game is so overly hyped its unreal. I though the game was average.sirownzalotII
i agree i think that FFIX and X were better, but there is a lot of nastalgia there and i think the atmosphere is best in 7... its like a medeivel fantasy set in a sci-fi enviornment, but the rest of the world is like more traditional setting expected of RPG's i dont know its just a great game, and it had the best chars... hands down... but i like the gameplay and level systems better in 9and 10

I also agree with you but the fan base for ff7 is the largest so it only makes sense to do a remake of 7. Just like you dont see and remakes of the alpha series which a lot of people like more then remade super turbo 2 because the fan base is larger.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jeremiah06

good god, first you people complain about " when are they going to release FF7 on the PSN?" NOW THAT ITS FINALLY ON THERE your going to start this " they should make a FF7 HD remix" crap?! you people are never satisfied LP4EVA2005
I never begged for 7 I have the rom for it and it serves me just fine I wanted MGS and FF9 on PSN

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jeremiah06
i wont buy it cuz i already bought the ff7 that came out yesterday on the store, i mean if they really going to pull some $h1t like that the F square enix they really are lil scums.....they cant just release ff7 and few weeks later do a HD remix, i never played a ff game before and everyone praised ff7 so i wanted to see wat the fuss is all about, i still didnt get the chance to play it but i read and saw few videos it looks promising for a ps1 game, so we will see. but no F hd remizes if they wanted to do they should of done it instead of releasin the original and few weeks later they do HD remix im pretty sure ppl will be mad and happyJoKeR_421
Woah woah woea slow down buddy this is just me hoping
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Would not buy it. I only bought the re-release just to have it in case I ever wanted to play it again. Not a fan of FFVII and that certainly wouldn't change with HD graphics added.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

NO!!! What the **** is wrong with people ..

They have released FF7 on the store .. it's nostalgic .. that is the reason you play the older games .. I don't need graphics to enjoy a classic .. :evil:

GAMEPLAY > EVERYTHING

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Agreed. It was the first fully 3D FF rpg with cut scenes, but not nearly the best.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jeremiah06

NO!!! What the **** is wrong with people ..

They have released FF7 on the store .. it's nostalgic .. that is the reason you play the older games .. I don't need graphics to enjoy a classic .. :evil:

GAMEPLAY > EVERYTHING

CanadianCR
70% of the votes say otherwise here you go square-enix your next big payday is here HD remixes of all 9 pre-PS2 final fantasies
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jeremiah06

Would not buy it. I only bought the re-release just to have it in case I ever wanted to play it again. Not a fan of FFVII and that certainly wouldn't change with HD graphics added.

yokofox33
The fact that FF7 got released today it pure quinceadence I thought of this after buying Street fighter yesterday.
anth0ny_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 anth0ny_911
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
It's funny how the people who don't want the game only post. The people who want the game just vote because really in the end the vast majority of people do want FF7 remade. It's like 3 years they are asking for it. Just make it already. It's ridiculous how they just aren't making a game that the gamers are so highly demanding. On another note FFIX was probably the worst FF second only to FFVIII in my opinion those were the 2 worst FF made. (Not starting a fight just giving my opinion:)P )
Jon-The-God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jon-The-God
Member since 2003 • 96 Posts
You think the game is average, yet you're a huge fan..... WTF?!
Avatar image for Frank_Castle_AZ
Frank_Castle_AZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Frank_Castle_AZ
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

I'd buy it considering remakes is all Square/Enix can do correctly nowadays.

::cries::

I want my Squaresoft back!

-FrankCastleAZ

Avatar image for Frank_Castle_AZ
Frank_Castle_AZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Frank_Castle_AZ
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

Double post. Browser said I had timed out.

-FrankCastleAZ

master7king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 master7king
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i very support you on that the sony and square enix should make a team to make remixes for every FF game that has come in the past system i would like to see FF 9, FF 7, FF 4, and etc with blu ray power LOL

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#29 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

It would obviously be really cool, but I can imagine being taken out of the experience with the awful voice acting, and character models that look more androgynous than I remember.

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

I'd buy it just because I haven't played it yet. Which is weird because I've played just about every other FF to date, but the one that seems to have gotten the most praise, I have not set a finger on yet. I don't care about the update in graphics as much as I do owning a hard copy of the game without paying a ridiculous amount.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#31 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Don't care. I realize that a generation of gamers got their RPG start with FF7, but I'd rather see a proper remake of FF6 or something with a good story. I realize that in many ways FF7 has aged worse than the sixth game (just because it was early 3D, and early 3D is pretty darn hideous), but I still don't want to see a remake of it.

I'd buy it just because I haven't played it yet. Which is weird because I've played just about every other FF to date, but the one that seems to have gotten the most praise, I have not set a finger on yet. I don't care about the update in graphics as much as I do owning a hard copy of the game without paying a ridiculous amount.

J-Man725
It's $10 on PSN, which isn't bad.
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Hoax-
Wow this thread is old.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
lol Wow this will never die. No publisher in the right mind would spend the time, resources, and money to remake a huge RPG with the latest tech. It's not like previous generations where it was relatively cheap and quick
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
I'd rather play/buy a FF VIII redux
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

[QUOTE="J-Man725"]

DJ_Lae

I know. I want a hard copy, not a download though.

Axcalay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#36 Axcalay
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts
Shame on you.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jeremiah06
Wow my spelling back then was awful...
keengamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 keengamerz
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Yess I absolutely loved FF7. It is way more hyped than the other FFs though. FF7 is my favorite though for sure, but FF8 does come at a very very close second.
Archendrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Archendrus
Member since 2010 • 306 Posts

Don't care. I realize that a generation of gamers got their RPG start with FF7, but I'd rather see a proper remake of FF6 or something with a good story. I realize that in many ways FF7 has aged worse than the sixth game (just because it was early 3D, and early 3D is pretty darn hideous), but I still don't want to see a remake of it. [QUOTE="J-Man725"]

DJ_Lae

Oooo yeah, I would definitely be more psyched for an FF6 remake, I didn't even think of that =D I would buy an FF7 remake though. I don't really need the flashy new graphics, I just like experiencing an old favorite again, but having it feelalmost like a new game altogether. Actually, I'd buy any RPG remake just to support the idea, because I'm still waiting for the PS2 remakes of Phantasy Star 1 +2 to be released in NA....I know,don't hold my breath.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I guess it might be good for people who have nostalgia for the game. However, it was one of the games I missed out on as a kid because I didn't have a PS1. Going back and trying to the play it just isn't the same when you don't have those fond memories as the game has not aged well over the past 13 years. So what I'm saying is, it'd need much more than just updated graphics (which hardly count for anything in my book) to appeal to wider audience.
jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

I would love too have it even tho we aint getting it anytime soon maybe in the next 20 years or so lol..

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
I prefer the one with vincent, and it would be nice to have FF collection.
SNESRadio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SNESRadio
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts
An HD remix wouldn't be bad if it was done right, the game could really use it to make it have that fresh and unique feel again.
slakyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 slakyak
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
There was something in an interview from the makers of FF XIII saying that if they'd been making an update VII instead then it'd still be in production now. I'd rather they spent the time on a new game and story that looks like XIII but has the sidequests and go-anywhere feel of say VII, XI and XII. Maybe I just ask too much!
Rootbeer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rootbeer95
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts
Well, yeah. It'd take too much production to do a remake, though, and transition a PS1 game to HD PS2/3 standards. As much as I'd commend this idea, I very much doubt Square Enix would even think doing a remake for FF7.
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
The graphic's of FFXIII aren't that amazing so i don't think they should bother remaking it this gen but maybe next gen instead.
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
thats a day one purchase for me
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Would that be awesome? Definitely! Would I want a HD remix? Not necessarily.

Final Fantasy XIII Director and Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama have said that making an HD remake of Final Fantasy VII would take "4 times as long as FFXIII" so if that's true then I think they should still remake FFVII but not on the PSP2 (of course, if they decide to then I won't complain). What I think they should do is remake FFVII on the PSP2. Sony hasn't confirmed the PSP2 yet but they recently said the PSP is "old" so obviously they're getting ready to announce its successor. What would be awesome is if they remake the game for the PSP2 without HD graphics but still look amazing, let alone even BETTER than PSP titles (e.g. Crisis Core, Dissidia Final Fantasy, The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, etc.)

I prefer a PS3 remake much more but if remaking the game in HD would be that much of a problem then why not just remake it on the PSP2? They could use an updated 'Crisis Core' engine and have Hajime Tabata head the project with Tetsuya Nomura as character designer/consulting advisor and Yoshinori Kitase as producer. Imagine that? The game would be remade, look amazing, and probably be finished in 2 years (considering they already have all script, characters, engine, etc. to work on it). Now THAT would be amazing. :D .... but that's probably a fantasy in itself.

Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

they will somehow screw it up
no thanks

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

Please refrain from bumping old threads thanks.