Fight NIght 4 & UFC do not help in real life...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Mitten123
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

So I'm strolling home Sat night with a mate after a night out...when 4 mindless thugs decide to start lobbing abuse our way...we ignore them...but one of these dudes is clearlly obsessed with hitting something!

So basically the come after us...I turn round ask the guy what his problem his...and then I see it...clenched fist rising up towards me...Now for last 2 months or so...Im pretty much pure UFC and Fight Night...so what am I gonna do...low duck like Tyson...dance around with a few Ali jabs...nice Liddell Headkick...Muai ThauClinch with a couple of knees to teach this punk a lesson...
Nah I didnt move...SMASH...blood everywhere!!

Not getting away with that I thought so as they run off...I chased after them (did London Marathon in May bad idea trying to run away from me) whilst giving the police directions on the phone...jumped in the cop car and chaseed them down with full lights flashing (quite exciting really)! ARRESTED the punks....6 hours in A&E for me - happy days...cept my filmstar looks have been dented for a couple of weeks...

So now I truly am left pondering why these games havent helped me learn to defend myself - clearly need more realism me thinks..and def up the tutorials in them...thinking about it that fight night tutorial was never going to turn me into a champ......I am also left asking myself...am I just naturally atalent golfer then and should notbe crediting Tiger Woods 05-09 for my declining handicap...

Hmmm (post in jest and just needed to vent as Ive lost £100 in wages being off sick today due to the 5 hours of bleeding)

Mitten

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

lol

demoman314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 demoman314
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

lol is right. great story man. but i know what you mean too. im a lover not a fighter

Chet_Won

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chet_Won
Member since 2009 • 644 Posts

you can't learn to fight from a videogame. That is like saying since you have a racoon tail superglued to your butt that you can fly since you had played smb3. Take some boxing lessons those are alot cheaper then mma lessons. Unless your brittish or australian or some island over by austalie like new zealand. I know in england boxing lessons are expensive since the english love boxing. If your from australia i understand getting jumped but i thought aussiesarebrawlers. If your from new zealan i thought new zealanders are peaceful. MY best recommandation get some boxing gloves and headgear and just spar with your friends. Or punch the dude in the throat a guy that can't breath can't fight or punch the spot on the jaw right between the chin and the ear that usually ko's any dude. But i do give you props on the cop car chase that was epic

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts

lol nice story

Kandros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kandros
Member since 2006 • 528 Posts

video games doesn't teach u anything (fighting related) thats why kids go to the hospital trying to imitate wrestling

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Cool story bro.

kingobaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 kingobaid
Member since 2006 • 1399 Posts

u have to learn it in real life. the game is not going to teach you jack****. ju jitsu really helps in real life and so does basic CQC.

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

moral of the story?

Always throw the first bomb ;).

Glad to hear you were not seriously injured though. Head injuries often occur while colliding with the ground.

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KapG

u have to learn it in real life. the game is not going to teach you jack****. ju jitsu really helps in real life and so does basic CQC.

kingobaid

In all honesty ju jitsu is not going to be very effective in a street fight. So what happens if the guy has you on the ground, are you going to throw a triangle on him or an arm bar? Naw, he would just bash your head into the cement. Your best bet is to have some basic striking(for the knockout) and wrestling (to keep the fight standing up) skills.

kingobaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingobaid

[QUOTE="kingobaid"]

KapG

In all honesty ju jitsu is not going to be very effective in a street fight. So what happens if the guy has you on the ground, are you going to throw a triangle on him or an arm bar? Naw, he would just bash your head into the cement. Your best bet is to have some basic striking(for the knockout) and wrestling (to keep the fight standing up) skills.

well, if you are you ju jitsu, the guy would never be able to get you on the ground. I don't know about wrestling though, it doesn't really help in a street fight, i mean your not going to try to repeadtly grapple him and try to get him on the ground.

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KapG

[QUOTE="KapG"]

[QUOTE="kingobaid"]

kingobaid

well, if you are you ju jitsu, the guy would never be able to get you on the ground. I don't know about wrestling though, it doesn't really help in a street fight, i mean your not going to try to repeadtly grapple him and try to get him on the ground.

I think you have it backwards. If I am into jiu jitsu and a guy trys to tackle me to the ground, my jiu jitsu wouldn't help me defend his takedown. What would help me defend his takedown would be wrestling ability (grappling/sprawling). Jiu Jitsu is good if you are both already on the ground.

That is why I said striking and wrestling are your best friends for a street fight. The striking being number 1 because, well, most ppl simply just throw wild punches so if you know how to strike, you will KO many people. The wrestling would be effective as a defensive tool to stop them from trying to take ME down if they don't want to stand and trade.

Is that more clear?

Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mitten123

I'd really like to point out my post was in jest - of course I did not expect to pick up skills from these games (!) and am glad that doesnt happen otherwise the 'system wars' could end being a lot more literal!!

kingobaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kingobaid

I'd really like to point out my post was in jest - of course I did not expect to pick up skills from these games (!) and am glad that doesnt happen otherwise the 'system wars' could end being a lot more literal!!

Mitten123

haha, i bunch of nerds just go all out in a huge street fight:P

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KapG

Mitten123

I did get that. I just thought I would go along with it a little hehe :P

kingobaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kingobaid

[QUOTE="kingobaid"]

[QUOTE="KapG"]

KapG

yeah i get what ur saying, i would still like to just use my martial arts for something.

I think you have it backwards. If I am into jiu jitsu and a guy trys to tackle me to the ground, my jiu jitsu wouldn't help me defend his takedown. What would help me defend his takedown would be wrestling ability (grappling/sprawling). Jiu Jitsu is good if you are both already on the ground.

That is why I said striking and wrestling are your best friends for a street fight. The striking being number 1 because, well, most ppl simply just throw wild punches so if you know how to strike, you will KO many people. The wrestling would be effective as a defensive tool to stop them from trying to take ME down if they don't want to stand and trade.

Is that more clear?

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
This is seriously a cool story, bro. I didn't learn anything dramatic from video games except for some terminology on guns. Although I did get some inspiration from MGS3/MGS4's CQC in my fighting when it comes to grabs and headlocks.
PSN-SCRODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PSN-SCRODE
Member since 2008 • 652 Posts

yeah lol well hope you are better, but also in your deffence did Rich "ace" Franklin learn to fight from watching Karate movies.

Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mitten123

yeah lol well hope you are better, but also in your deffence did Rich "ace" Franklin learn to fight from watching Karate movies.

PSN-SCRODE
Nah I believe he learnt in a Garden shed after 2 of the schools he atteneded shut down...I have a shed...there is hope yet!
Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
wow! you expected to learn to defend yourself from a video game...... if you want to learn to defend yourself, go take some martial arts classes
acemasta21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 acemasta21
Member since 2007 • 788 Posts

So I'm strolling home Sat night with a mate after a night out...when 4 mindless thugs decide to start lobbing abuse our way...we ignore them...but one of these dudes is clearlly obsessed with hitting something!

So basically the come after us...I turn round ask the guy what his problem his...and then I see it...clenched fist rising up towards me...Now for last 2 months or so...Im pretty much pure UFC and Fight Night...so what am I gonna do...low duck like Tyson...dance around with a few Ali jabs...nice Liddell Headkick...Muai ThauClinch with a couple of knees to teach this punk a lesson...

Not getting away with that I thought so as they run off...I chased after them (did London Marathon in May bad idea trying to run away from me) whilst giving the police directions on the phone...jumped in the cop car and chaseed them down with full lights flashing (quite exciting really)! ARRESTED the punks....6 hours in A&E for me - happy days...cept my filmstar looks have been dented for a couple of weeks...

So now I truly am left pondering why these games havent helped me learn to defend myself - clearly need more realism me thinks..and def up the tutorials in them...thinking about it that fight night tutorial was never going to turn me into a champ......I am also left asking myself...am I just naturally atalent golfer then and should notbe crediting Tiger Woods 05-09 for my declining handicap...

Hmmm (post in jest and just needed to vent as Ive lost £100 in wages being off sick today due to the 5 hours of bleeding)

Mitten

Mitten123

punks gotta respect man i always put my chin up ALWAYS i got tired of being punked around man seriously im 5 5 179 no one messes with me no one

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

lol good story

MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

That's why a Falcon Punch solves every problem. :)

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME lol

you really thought you would learn how to fight from a videogame?!?!?!

fighting has a lot more intricacies than meets the eye, just because it looks like your ducking low like tyson, doesnt mean you actually are, or even dancing around and throwin the jab like Ali LOL.

if you want to learn self defense go sign up at a fighting gym.

No wonder the government blames videogames for everything, looks like theyre actually right to think that people believe they can do certain things just from playing a videogame.

im sorry but i didnt mean to sound mean, but honestly thats ridiculous.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
This is why you should always have an attack whistle with you just incase you run into any troubles.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

lol classic story. Too bad these games don't actually improve skills like those. ^^;

Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
Your brain didn't have enough time to react. If you did infact have time to react like seeing him running towards you, you'd probably done something inspired from the video game and knock him down. However, it will be technically incorrect, but he will be down. Trust me, I speak from experience.
Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mitten123
[QUOTE="jerkface96"]

fighting has a lot more intricacies than meets the eye, just because it looks like your ducking low like tyson, doesnt mean you actually are, or even dancing around and throwin the jab like Ali LOL.

No wonder the government blames videogames for everything, looks like theyre actually right to think that people believe they can do certain things just from playing a videogame.

Dude...please read the final line saying 'post in jest' course I didnt think id learn how to fight (!)
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Video games don't really make you better at things in real life, especially fighting. I was at a shooting range once and I overheard a guy say "I don't know why I can't hit the center, I have really good aim on Halo". There's also the people who think watch UFC automatically makes them better at fighting

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

Mitten

Mitten123

games are for fun and are not supposed to teach you much, gta tought ppl to steal cars..and if u really want to learn to fight then their is plenty of fighting places you can go to, mixed martial arts, mua thai or however it is spelled, boxing, kick boxing etc etc

mixmax5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mixmax5
Member since 2006 • 2347 Posts

Yeah, you'll need to actually work out and fight to get better at fighting. Video games are just video games.

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KapG

jerkface96

your reading comprehension needs some upgrading.

If you actually read and UNDERSTOOD what he was writing you would have noticed that he was joking about these fighting games teaching him how to fight...*facepalm*

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
you have to actually practise it, while games are good for education there more for interactive watching and information. even so when someone slapped me in the head my instant reaction was doing a tekken low sweep kick 360, lol he landed on his back and ran off i got scared if i hurt him too bad.
Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#34 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

LOL street fighters fight like pansys. They turn their arms into flails.

vicekingz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vicekingz
Member since 2008 • 374 Posts

Cmon why'd you stay put?

You cudda knocked the fugoutta them!!!

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

really? you didnt go for the take down?

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts

I did some MMA, and it isn't as "bad" as people make it out to be. The fighters has lots of respect for each other usually. I think you should have played MGS4 that might have helped you more, since you could do your choke and kick the punk a**

stevencavagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 stevencavagan
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

Isnt it brilliant when someone looks like a tit attacking someone without reading the post properly first. I wonder if watching drunks fighting makes you better at videogames.

H0LLAT1P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 H0LLAT1P
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

Mitten123

5 hours? Holy $#!* dude, how hard did you get hit? Jeez