This topic is locked from further discussion.

evil4hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 evil4hazard
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Do you guys think there gonna be an FF7 remake for ps3 or did the developers just show us the technical demo cause they wanted to see what it would look like with ps3 technology? I read in the gameinformer magazines that there was gonna be one and that it was gonna use the FF12 battle system.

Your thoughts please.

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

Do you guys think there gonna be an FF7 remake for ps3 or did the developers just show us the technical demo cause they wanted to see what it would look like with ps3 technology? I read in the gameinformer magazines that there was gonna be one and that it was gonna use the FF12 battle system.

Your thoughts please.

evil4hazard

Not any time soon man. Square too busy with other stuff right now....like making me breakfast. Wheres my bacon????

But seriously, ffXiii, ffvsXiii etc, i can imagine would be taking up a lot of time cos they really want it to look the best it possibly can on ps3. So just be cool and relaaaaaax mate, it'll come.8)

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

Your thoughts please.

evil4hazard

Not any time soon man. Square too busy with other stuff right now....like making me breakfast. Wheres my bacon????

But seriously, ffXiii, ffvsXiii etc, i can imagine would be taking up a lot of time cos they really want it to look the best it possibly can on ps3. So just be cool and relaaaaaax mate, it'll come.8)

logan2k_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 logan2k_17
Member since 2003 • 163 Posts
lets just hope they have a secret team, threatened with death if they reveal it... then it could be soon haha.... but really... it would be an amazing tactic to make money but stupid to remake such a classic... i hope they do...
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc24faac533d
deactivated-5cc24faac533d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 deactivated-5cc24faac533d
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts

lets just hope they have a secret team, threatened with death if they reveal it... then it could be soon haha.... but really... it would be an amazing tactic to make money but stupid to remake such a classic... i hope they do... logan2k_17

It wouldnt be stupid to remake it, it would sell consoles for people just wanting to see Sephiroth's shiny silver hair. Other than that I think half the fanbase is still kicking around, meaning so many purchases.

Suski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Suski
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I would so totally buy ps3 if ff7 was remade with cool fmv and voices. I
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
Given the excitement that was created over the tech demo and given the amount of requests at Square Enix's (forgot the name) game event, I would be highly surprised if they didn't.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

[QUOTE="logan2k_17"]lets just hope they have a secret team, threatened with death if they reveal it... then it could be soon haha.... but really... it would be an amazing tactic to make money but stupid to remake such a classic... i hope they do... LatusItani

It wouldnt be stupid to remake it, it would sell consoles for people just wanting to see Sephiroth's shiny silver hair. Other than that I think half the fanbase is still kicking around, meaning so many purchases.

only half i wouldve thought around 99% of the fanbase is still kicking.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#9 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Everyday this is talked about. Can't you just let this fantasy rest in peace?
TylzSomeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TylzSomeone
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts
i hope they do and if people do just let this idea rest it won't happen. But eventually i'm sure they will remake it to make some guaranteed extra money cuz everyone who has played or heard how amazing ff7 was will most likely buy the remake and a PS3 if they don't already have one
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
.....Whatever. let it be. remake or not. it will awesome.....hopefully.
tootergray34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 tootergray34
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts
I bet they remake it for the first game on the PS4!
EMERlCa6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EMERlCa6969
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
I would buy it.
dmill22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dmill22
Member since 2006 • 27 Posts
roll tide
syngaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 syngaming
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts

I personally would buy it.

Would be funky if they remade all the titles from the PS, ff7, ff8 etc. I dunno would be fun to see them in totally new graphics and voices ect.

But the closest to the remake would be FF7 because of the popularity. Time will tell, in the mean time we got FF13 to look forward to and other funky stuff like MGS4, RE5 :D!

enral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 enral
Member since 2006 • 728 Posts

# 9932304 thread and still counting...

Anyway, FF7 remake would only be a possibility after final fantasy 13 and v13 projects are done.

Abriael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Abriael
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is a wet dream for many old gamers abd young as well ;D
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="evil4hazard"]

Your thoughts please.

carving_a_giant

Actually, they're even busier than that. Rumors have it that there are three Final Fantasy games coming out on the PS3. FF13 and versus being two of them. The third could be FF14, or something else. Although, I would love to see a FF7 remake, that would be grand.

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts
I certainly hope so. I loved FF7 and personally feel like up to this point they haven't been able to come close to the epic glory that was VII. These new battle systems are absolutely atrocious! Maybe I'm just too old school but I played XII for about two hours before I brought it back to the store.
justin315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 justin315
Member since 2008 • 332 Posts
lets just hope for the best :)
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
I think the tech demo was just cruel ,in the way SQUARE ENIX teased us with ff7 and said we were just showing you what the PS3 WOULD MAKE THE GAME LOOK LIKE.i say square should be shutting their cake holes and just remake the FREAKN game .
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
[QUOTE="carving_a_giant"][QUOTE="evil4hazard"]

Your thoughts please.

Elann2008

Actually, they're even busier than that. Rumors have it that there are three Final Fantasy games coming out on the PS3. FF13 and versus being two of them. The third could be FF14, or something else. Although, I would love to see a FF7 remake, that would be grand.

Maybe that other FF title is FF7 remake haha. Doubt its FF14 though.
Akush47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Akush47
Member since 2005 • 1611 Posts
how many topic has this been made...
ichiro718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ichiro718
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
omg it would be amazing if square enix made a remake of ff7..dont even have to change nuthin but the graphics and the game play from turn based to real time....i bet ppl would buy ps3 instead of 360
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I would so totally buy ps3 if ff7 was remade with cool fmv and voices. I Suski

I already own one, but I'd buy a couple more.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

i really hope that it will be comeing soon ^^

PSN ID : Destiny89

fntsycloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fntsycloud
Member since 2002 • 748 Posts
I think all the facts tend to say that they are doing a remake. I think it wouldn't do the game justice to end the saga with Crisis Core. A full remake to bring everything up to par with at least the visual quality of the compilation of FFVII would the be cherry on the sundae. I would wager it will use the White engine that is in development for XIII - which is why we won't see it till probably a couple years after XIII is released as it would be the same dev team. However, were it to use the battle system from FFXII, I would be much less interested in seeing a VII remake, the gambit system worked, but it wasn't enough, and adding more to it would make it too much to deal with. It was worth a try, but they'd need a whole new battle system - real time anyone?
fntsycloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fntsycloud
Member since 2002 • 748 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="carving_a_giant"][QUOTE="evil4hazard"]

Your thoughts please.

FF6fan

I thought the third FF in current development is a version of XIII for PSP...

Maybe that other FF title is FF7 remake haha. Doubt its FF14 though.

FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
I do not think so any time soon. But they might put it on the Sony site for download. Once you have been there, it makes little sense to buy it again.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

They did the same with FF VIII for the PS2.

The video for the tech demo of FF VIII is really hard to find, and when I first heard it I thought it was a lie, but later on I saw it.

I dont think that they are going to remake it before XIII and vs XIII are out

PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
I've posted in a stickied topic that they -are- in fact rebuilding/making the game, but its not something thatll come out anytime soon. Possibly a 20 year anniversary game, but not anytime soon. Right now they're working vigorously on FFXIII, FFvsXIII, **** and the other unannounced FF13 game. Then theyre working on KH3, and not to mention FF14 (nex-gen ff mmo). So...I'd say 2017 is fair. =D
---
edit: Forgot to mention that Square Enix -did- say when Advent Children released that they plan to continue the FF Compilation for another 10 years. Dont forget that. =D
hy0rinmaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hy0rinmaru
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
i cant remember where, but i read that SE wanted to keep the FF7 series for 20 years or something from the release of the original game, so expect to see it by 2017.
Drel25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Drel25
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
I hope they remake FF7, it's FF games if not the best.
Bio-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bio-G
Member since 2003 • 140 Posts

IT WOULD BE SWEETNESS!! getting a little but just a little of the topic!how come people dont talk about FF-VIII? i though it was an AWESOME GAME it was actually my first FF game ever!, and that game actually got me interested/started in the whole FF and RPG's!! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A REMAKE OF THAT ONE! a sequel or a prequel with more LAGUNA or SQUALL (in the case of a sequel) or heck even some other FF in the same universe that FF-VIII takes place...... i dont know just throwing some ideas out there!! but seriously FF VIII REMAKE would rock LED Zeppelin style!! THAT HOW BIG IT WOULD ROCK my world!! lol

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#35 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I hope not. They'll just bit it with a stupid stick to make it more similar to Advent Children.
gchicano16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gchicano16
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts
I would love to see FF7 remade on the PS3 and I'm pretty sure it will happen eventually, but not anytime soon
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
SE is busy making FF13....doubt they have to do FF7 remake anytime soon.
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
A new batch of newborn kittens just arrived from australia, now where did i put my sacrificial knife?...

There now im ready for another week of "FF7 on Ps3 lolzers?!???" threads.
Ardain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ardain
Member since 2005 • 462 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath. It is likely that square would be remakeing FF7 anytime soon. they would think about it before they do anything else.
Avatar image for DarkBloodPrince
DarkBloodPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkBloodPrince
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts

Man i want them to make a remake cause i never played the original and i don't want to spend like a 100 dollars on it and if they do make it i don't want the FF12 battle system cause it suck i want the one when you take turns attacking

PS. they should make a official forum for FF7 Remake cause it will be easier for most people to find and add stuff

YTP_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 YTP_1991
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

if square enix dont remake ff7 we fans riot!!!