FF Versus 13 gameplay video has me excitied

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for kylethiggins777
kylethiggins777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kylethiggins777
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

Just finished watching the Japenese gameplay reveal trailer of FF Versus 13 and i dont wanna get to excitied cause last time that happened with a FF title we got FF 13 :/ but i like the way where it looks like a real modern day setting and looks amazing especially the combat style being like Kingdom Hearts, not sure if im excitied about that yet or not, what do you guys think about it all so far?

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
The clothing has me more excited than the gameplay does. Kingdom Hearts isn't really the most complex and/or insane battle system I've ever played.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is something I'm really looking forward to. I couldn't take my eyes off of the trailer (love the intro where the one of the characters is riding in a car) and the gameplay looks really sweet. I hope I'm working and can save up enough $ for it.:) thank you for sharing this!:)

soopernewt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 soopernewt
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts

like kingdome hearts...YOU MEAN THERE IS FINALLY A HACK AND SLASH FF GAME?? i just had a nerdgasem

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I definitely have a lot of hope for this game. Great graphics, great presentation, fun and flashy looking gameplay, a lot of customization through weapons and characters, open world fields (like 2D old school RPG's but in glorious 3D), and so much more. Definitely have VERY high hopes for this one and hopefully it doesnt dissapoint.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
The game looks amazing and one of the devs spoke about making the game harder.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
im really excited for it. no games have stories like final fantasy so i cant wait.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

like kingdome hearts...YOU MEAN THERE IS FINALLY A HACK AND SLASH FF GAME?? i just had a nerdgasem

soopernewt
Yeah...Kingdom Hearts was never a hack and slash...
IKSSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IKSSE
Member since 2009 • 86 Posts

What I was really excited about was that the game looked a lot darker than the past two games. Looks like its not going to be the standard fairy tale hero vs villian storyline...and the KH engine made me randy.

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

Feels too meh, I wish they would go back to the 2D format :(

NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I'm holding out until I know for sure on the battle system...It looks real time like XII, but slight moderations...

Last time I judged that a game would be awesome based on its trailer was FFXIII...Needless to say I don't want to make that mistake again.

Not saying XIII was bad, but it definitely wasn't my type of game.

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
I made it about half way through KH before I quit, because the battle system bored the crap out of me. So, if this game has the same battle system, I know for sure to skip it.
bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts
I agree with Nodak. It appeared like a modified real time FF12 system. And I hated that battle system. The graphics are poor in game and it just looks stiff/clunky. I had a lot of hopes for this but that trailer dashed them. I see flashy sword play, I hear the sound of the sword. But I dont see it hit the enemy. (I saw it hit the enemy) There was just no impact. Take a look at some of the more refined action games and see what I mean. It was kinda like when you hit an enemy in ff12. Weak.
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

I agree with Nodak. It appeared like a modified real time FF12 system. And I hated that battle system. The graphics are poor in game and it just looks stiff/clunky. I had a lot of hopes for this but that trailer dashed them. I see flashy sword play, I hear the sound of the sword. But I dont see it hit the enemy. (I saw it hit the enemy) There was just no impact. Take a look at some of the more refined action games and see what I mean. It was kinda like when you hit an enemy in ff12. Weak.bloodlust_101

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt underwhelmed by the video. As I said in a thread on another gaming website I frequent, if they wanted to make a realtime combat system, they need to take it in the direction of DMC/Bayo/GoW. The colorful and over-the-top nature that's become standard in the Final Fantasy franchise just begs for a high-speed real time combat system with a wealth of combos and spell/attack combinations.

NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I agree with Nodak. It appeared like a modified real time FF12 system. And I hated that battle system. The graphics are poor in game and it just looks stiff/clunky. I had a lot of hopes for this but that trailer dashed them. I see flashy sword play, I hear the sound of the sword. But I dont see it hit the enemy. (I saw it hit the enemy) There was just no impact. Take a look at some of the more refined action games and see what I mean. It was kinda like when you hit an enemy in ff12. Weak.bloodlust_101

Not to burst your bubble...but FFXII was one of my favorites because of the battle system lol. I just hope that they make it playable...XIII I didn't like the fact that you had no control over your character what so ever.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

im super excited. i loved kingdom hearts so i will definitely love this game. and it looks amazing.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

Meh, it won't even be out this year anyway so... way too early to judge it, especially from one video? :/

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i cant wait for ff-versus
TheTrueMarik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheTrueMarik
Member since 2005 • 138 Posts

Seemed interesting for me too. I just hope it doesn't go multiplat or quality goes down the toilet.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Looks fantastic, but after the horrible FF13 and the even worse FF14 I have no hope I'll enjoy it ... still getting it day 1 xD

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

if they made the fighting a little quicker and tighter they'd have already had me sold. as it is it looks a bit sluggish.

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

If Yuffie has a cameo... I'll pre-order the most expensive version they have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbeeem_AOXc&feature=related :D

evilgamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 evilgamer22
Member since 2009 • 2408 Posts

I've always loved the Final Fantasy franchise, but FF 13 was a bit of a letdown for me. However, the trailer for FF 13 versus looks good. I like the darker and more modern look of the game which is a big turn from the more colorful and fantasy world driven of the last couple of FF games. Outside of that I can't really say much since its almost impossible to judge the gameplay of any game from nothing more than a trailer. I'll keep my eye on this, but its going to be a long time before anyone can make a final judgement.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Graphics look a little dated, (the CG cinematics, however, look AMAZING.) The atmosphere is brave and new for a FF game, but not unlike every second game ever this generation, and the gameplay looks really clunky and awkward.

I am hoping however, for a fantastic story and musical score, BUT I am skeptical.

Avatar image for kylethiggins777
kylethiggins777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kylethiggins777
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

I've always loved the Final Fantasy franchise, but FF 13 was a bit of a letdown for me. However, the trailer for FF 13 versus looks good. I like the darker and more modern look of the game which is a big turn from the more colorful and fantasy world driven of the last couple of FF games. Outside of that I can't really say much since its almost impossible to judge the gameplay of any game from nothing more than a trailer. I'll keep my eye on this, but its going to be a long time before anyone can make a final judgement.

evilgamer22

This pretty much sums it all up for me, big fan of the FF series until 13, looking forward to the darker modern look of the game and of course impossible to judge the gameplay from the trailer... BUT im hoping we wont have to wait that much longer to see a good gameplay video and hopefully it ends up not disapointing :)