FF 13 will be so good!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Carlo030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Carlo030
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but Im super excited for Final Fantasy XIII. Ever since I saw the recent video that has actual gameplay, I cant stop thinking that this game is going to be amazing. The battle system looks quick enough to not be boring, but strategic enough to make you think more about your moves. Im hoping to make some sweet combos. I just wish I could read Japanese, then Id know what they were atcually doing. Is anyone else as excited as I am, even though it will be about a year until it comes out?
CrazyFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CrazyFanboy
Member since 2005 • 639 Posts
i have low expectations for it square enix needs to step it up.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts
i have low expectations for it square enix needs to step it up.CrazyFanboy
You got that right. FFX-2, FFXI and FFXII were all rubbish IMO, and the poorly recieved Infinite Undiscovery + The Last Remnant are not great signs of what's to come... I'm much more hyped for WKC and Demon's Souls than FFXIII or FFXIIIvs.
MalakTawus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MalakTawus
Member since 2006 • 2720 Posts
FFXIII is THE GAME i'm waiting and i know it will be great,i know!!!
cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
[QUOTE="CrazyFanboy"]i have low expectations for it square enix needs to step it up.TheLordHimself
You got that right. FFX-2, FFXI and FFXII were all rubbish IMO, and the poorly recieved Infinite Undiscovery + The Last Remnant are not great signs of what's to come... I'm much more hyped for WKC and Demon's Souls than FFXIII or FFXIIIvs.

I really enjoyed infinite undiscovery.
Neon_Blaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Neon_Blaster
Member since 2009 • 797 Posts
FF12 wasn't rubbish. The only reason people may view it so is because they are not accustomed to change, which is something RPG's have been lacking as of late.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheLordHimself
[QUOTE="TheLordHimself"][QUOTE="CrazyFanboy"]i have low expectations for it square enix needs to step it up.cronew1

I really enjoyed infinite undiscovery.

Hey, haven't played it, just pointing out that it wasn't well recieved in overall reviews. (IU and TLR have metacritic scores of 68 and 65 respectively) Though I haven't played them, I can only really go by the general consensus. (Although Killer 7 has a Meta score of 74 despite being one of my favourite games of all time!) Regardless, I still hated the SE FF games.
istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
I liked XII it had a great refreshing change, though i admit SE has been off with their new IPs but i can feel that XIII and Versus will be awesome in some scale. Hopefully SE don't dissapoint, only reason it will dissapoint is that everyone expects it to be the best game EVER
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheLordHimself
FF12 wasn't rubbish. The only reason people may view it so is because they are not accustomed to change, which is something RPG's have been lacking as of late. Neon_Blaster
I spent 20 hours trying my hardest to like it, before realising that I really wasn't having fun, so I stopped. If a game hasn't grabbed me during the first 20 hours, I really can't see myself wanting to continue. I HOPE that FFXIII will sway me into loving it but I'm really not optimistic. Oh, and I think Persona 3 did a good job at shaking up JRPG conventions, and I absolutely loved it, and can't wait for Persona 4. March 13th can't come soon enough... 8)
Carlo030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Carlo030
FF 12 was a god game if you could get past it being a girlfest. It sorta went back to old school class systems. I want FF 13 to have the perfect combination of all previous Final Fantasys before it. I want summons that anyone can use, like in FF 8. I want materia like in FF 7. I want an awesome sidegame, like the cards or blitzball. And most importantly, I want the gameplay to not have me run around like in FF 12. I certainly have high hopes for FF 13, and I dont even know what to think about Versus 13.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

FF XII was awesome.

Everything else after, not so much.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
ff 13's battle system scares me a lil bit...
Carlo030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Carlo030

FF XII was awesome.

Scianix-Black

I think you meant FFVII (FF7). And I would disagree with you. 7 was amazing, but I think 10 is the best. 8 and 9 were both pretty good. 10-2 was alright and 12 was awful. Final Fantasy was never meant to be a real-time RPG.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
u barely saw any gameplay im waiting for a live demo of it like probably 10 minutes which i probably wont see till that japanese demo gets leaked on youtube or till E3
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

FF XII was awesome.

Carlo030

I think you meant FFVII (FF7). And I would disagree with you. 7 was amazing, but I think 10 is the best. 8 and 9 were both pretty good. 10-2 was alright and 12 was awful. Final Fantasy was never meant to be a real-time RPG.

lol, No.

I meant what I said.

VII wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It's a classic, no doubt, but not the greatest.

I like XII because of the dialogue; it had the most mature themes and dialogue of any game in the series.

Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

FF XII was awesome.

Carlo030

Says who?
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Scianix-Black

Says he, apparently.

According to him, it is also unlawful to like XII more than VII.

Oh, and one more thing Mr. Carlo: If you didn't know, Final Fantasy XIII may have gameplay similar to XII.

So it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get used to "real-time RPG"s.

Carlo030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Carlo030

Says he, apparently.

Oh, and one more thing Mr. Carlo: If you didn't know, Final Fantasy XIII may have gameplay similar to XII.

Scianix-Black

The problem I had with FF12 was all the time being wasted just running around guys waiting to get an attack. Im not trying to say what people should or shouldnt like. I just felt the gameplay was bad in FF12, despite the nice story. If the battle system was different Im sure I would have liked it more. And from the 1 video of gameplay released, I have a hunch the gameplay wont have you running during the battle, which was the main problem I had with 12. Im just stating my opinion, feel free to disagree with me.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Says he, apparently.

Carlo030

The problem I had with FF12 was all the time being wasted just running around guys waiting to get an attack. Im not trying to say what people should or shouldnt like. I just felt the gameplay was bad in FF12, despite the nice story. If the battle system was different Im sure I would have liked it more. And from the 1 video of gameplay released, I have a hunch the gameplay wont have you running during the battle, which was the main problem I had with 12. Im just stating my opinion, feel free to disagree with me.

I don't disagree, I just preferred XII's style to VII's and all the others.

IX is still my favorite by far.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
That is, if it is ever released
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
Every Final Fanatasy has unique things that set it apart in terms of gameplay. Its not like its a bad thing to not like one Final Fantasy over the other. When Final Fantasy XIII comes out I doubt everyone is gonna say that its way better than every other Final Fantasy out there. Some people say FFX sucks, some say IX sucked, and now I guarantee you some will say XIII sucks. But what I like about Final Fantasy is that they are all well made games. They always have the fun stuff in them like; Different weapons, items, customization, mini-games, side-quests, amazing cutscenes, bosses, humor. FFXIII may not be a game that everyone likes but at least ii will be a complete game that will be way different than any other PS3 game we'll have.
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts
Meh, I don't really care about RPG's, they aren't my type of games
Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

I don't know about anyone else, but Im super excited for Final Fantasy XIII. Ever since I saw the recent video that has actual gameplay, I cant stop thinking that this game is going to be amazing. The battle system looks quick enough to not be boring, but strategic enough to make you think more about your moves. Im hoping to make some sweet combos. I just wish I could read Japanese, then Id know what they were atcually doing. Is anyone else as excited as I am, even though it will be about a year until it comes out?Carlo030

relaaaaaaaaax, you'll live longer.

anyway, instead of wasting time thinking about ff, go play valkyria chronicles. And if youve played it already, go play it again. it's important for people to know that it's one of the most overlooked games this gen.

Ze_Common_Cold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Ze_Common_Cold
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts
Comparing the trailers between normal 13 and Versus, versus looks stunning, even with the generic character. It's being made by the Advent Children Team and the Kingdom Hearts Team, plus it's an exclusive meaning it will most likely get more polish. I really want it, that trailer is just gorgeous. I really stopped caring about normal XIII, and all my hyped died a while ago.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

Scianix-Black

No wonder we're such good friends :lol:

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Scianix-Black
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Flame_Blade88

Hah! It was a good game, indeed. Thought I was the only one.

Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
FF XII is a great game..don't listen to those who said this game is a crap...i kinda love the way the change the battle system but i don't like the way they limit us from using weapons by applying SP on the weapon map...anyhow..ever since the day i hear FF XIII is going to be multi-platform...my excitement has dropped from 100 to 0.5..tht's it...although i still desire to play the game..
Carlo030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Carlo030

FF XII is a great game..don't listen to those who said this game is a crap...i kinda love the way the change the battle system but i don't like the way they limit us from using weapons by applying SP on the weapon map...anyhow..ever since the day i hear FF XIII is going to be multi-platform...my excitement has dropped from 100 to 0.5..tht's it...although i still desire to play the game..Garudo

I definitly was a little disappointed when I heard the 360 was getting it too, but it wont stop me from getting it. My bet is that FXIII will be more like older FFs (ala 6,7,and,8) and Versus XIII will be pretty similar to FF XII. Thats why Im more hyped for XIII than Versus.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#29 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Meh, I don't really care about RPG's, they aren't my type of games-Shooter-
My eyes! Casual gamer alert! DX
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Scianix-Black

Hah! It was a good game, indeed. Thought I was the only one.

IX is my 2nd favorite. =3
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
FF13 and Versus are going to be awesome. Even the PSP games coming have me excited. I guess Star Ocean:The Last Hope will have to pass the time until then. Tri-Ace has been awesome lately so SO should be good.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I'm looking forward to FF13. I hope they put alot of effort into reviving the series and showing people that Final Fantasy isn't a franchise for the last generation. SE's latest RPG's don't impress me, but they're also new IP's, and early releases in the consoles' life.
CrazyFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CrazyFanboy
Member since 2005 • 639 Posts
ff12 felt like a bland offline mmo i could never get into it
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
cant wait to get it . will import the demo asl well :D
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Symphonycometh
Does anyone know if the US release of AC: Complete will come with the demo?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Does anyone know if the US release of AC: Complete will come with the demo?Symphonycometh

im sure i saw it somewhere that square wont make an english version of the demo and even when the movie dose come to US it wont include any demo with it .. but i hope im wrong tho

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Symphonycometh

[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"]Does anyone know if the US release of AC: Complete will come with the demo?finalstar2007

im sure i saw it somewhere that square wont make an english version of the demo and even when the movie dose come to US it wont include any demo with it .. but i hope im wrong tho

+50 cool points for shattering my hopes and dreams. lol
MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#38 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts
I actually didn't enjoy Crisis Core as much as I did the playstation 2 FF games... I have high expectations for it, and regardless what that guy says about being recieved poorly by an audience, that doesn't mean anything. Especially because he didn't play some of the games, so he shouldn't be using them as examples! It's ultimately up tp the player to decide if a game is good or not, not have a website or any source for that matter decide for him. I just use reviews as a caution, most of the time I love games that many people hated!
Carlo030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Carlo030
Anybody see the 3 new characters that have been updated thanks to Shonen Jump? I like the new girl (Lebro) and sorta like spikey hair dude (Gado). But the young goggle boy (Markie) seems a little off. Now that Ive seen them though, I watched the trailer again and saw they were standing in the back during an actual battle. So, it seems they will be fighting in more than the cutscenes. I mainly like Gado because he reminds me of Wakka, and Lebro seems like a mix of Lulu and Rikku. Now that I think about it, Markie is kind of like a mix between Tidus and a moogle.
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts
Gameplay looks like a mix between FFX and FFXII, which is what I hoped for. Can't wait!!