• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts

Before the ps4 came out i often joked that they couldnt screw up the ps4 launch worse then the ps3....well im starting to feel like it isnt much better. i got ps4 the day it launched. there arent many games at all, i was looking forward to gran turismo. so why in the world is the new gran turismo coming out as ps3 only! gimme a break. Then the ps plus, ps3 gets new freebies and ps4 doesnt...im done with those 2 arcade games, i paid for a new system, support it! ps3 should not be getting exclusive new games or better ps plus gifts. its absolute garbage

TF626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By TF626
Member since 2010 • 593 Posts

Perhaps you should have waited, I don't understand how people are so incompetent. A launch console is going to be dry in terms of software for months, it takes years to build a quality library of games. It hasn't even been out for a month.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Shoulda picked up BF4 bra, it's the only game (out of the 3 I bought) that I've been playing since launch, and I'm not putting it down anytime soon...

And once I do, I still have Killzone and AC4 to play. This launch is absolutely stellar. Maybe you just picked the wrong games? lol

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#4 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Hence is why I am going to wait until the slim version comes out.

They generally are more reliable, more games to buy, games are cheaper to buy and I have enough time to complete my ps3 backlog. It's a win win.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 grand17

@TF626: incompetent to think the new console will get all the support, lol. i would argue that the competition has done a better launch then my beloved sony. which console did the new forza come out on... look i had ps3 on launch and ps4 on launch, not trying to make a system war, just sayin

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

This console launch is the best that there's ever been. Halo 1 was a better launch game, but there have never been so many good launch games on consoles...

TF626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TF626
Member since 2010 • 593 Posts

@grand17: I wouldn't particularly say the Xbox One has a quality library since it just came out... Sure it had a better suite of launch games, sorry but you've been playing games for awhile right? You should have already known all this stuff. Patience. Patience. Patience, or get an Xbox One and deal with the same issue that the PS4 has: lack of games, and UI needs improvement for both consoles.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@grand17 said:

Before the ps4 came out i often joked that they couldnt screw up the ps4 launch worse then the ps3....well im starting to feel like it isnt much better. i got ps4 the day it launched. there arent many games at all, i was looking forward to gran turismo. so why in the world is the new gran turismo coming out as ps3 only! gimme a break. Then the ps plus, ps3 gets new freebies and ps4 doesnt...im done with those 2 arcade games, i paid for a new system, support it! ps3 should not be getting exclusive new games or better ps plus gifts. its absolute garbage

Why didn't you do your research on GT6? As for the freebies, it hasn't even been a full month yet so I don't get your complaint. They said every month we get new free games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

I have both consoles. If I were to buy 1 just for launch games the XB1 is the way to go. But there are plenty of games. AC4 will last you quite a while(im playing that on PC). Marvel heroes is cool, NFS, COD, etc. I only have resogun and marvel heroes on my ps4 and Im enjoying chasing high scores on resogun.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

have you considered selling your ps4 and quitting gaming?

because everything you are complaining about was completely obviously going to happen.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

OP your memory must be faulty if you're thinking the PS4 launch mirrors the PS3's. You clearly have forgotten how sparse things were at launch for the PS3. My advice is if you're disappointed, sell your console and come back a year from now when the library starts to fill out a bit.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

It probably won't be until mid-2015 when the library is really there to go games games galore.

But Drive Club, Watch Dogs, and Destiny should all wet your beak till then.

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts

PS3 is still getting support because of the higher user base. You can't really blame them if they think they'll make more profit out of it. That doesn't mean that PS4 won't get any.

Games just don't magically become available in a mere few months, especially for new consoles. They take precious time and effort. I'm sure you wouldn't want half-baked ones rushed out of the oven, so why not play PS3 games for the meantime?

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

i sort of agree.... there isnt a new game due out until april basically. second son is going to be amazing... but it is hard to not get anxious when you have nothing to play for months. ive been playing AC4 non stop and almost have it completed with all the collectibles. already finished killzone single player, and the multi will be fun for a while. knack is a great game that i have been playing for a few minutes here and there. resogun isnt my style, and contrast is extra boring.

there are almost no games coming out between now and spring for any console. dark souls 2 doesnt even come out until mid summer.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

seriously stop your trolling and get a life.

its been a week since it launched in europe, it's been 3weeks since US launch, get over yourself.

this has been the best launch of a playstation console to date, it has the best 3rd party games out on it, it's cheap, it's powerful concerning the 2 consoles out, if you buy one game you get a total of 6 games to play straight off the bat maybe 7 now. i mean what is your problem,

"support it" it's been 3weeks, you must be a little kid who cannot remember the other console launches.

jesus it's so true that we have become a world who isn't patient, honestly be greatful for what you get, people can only work as fast as they can.

DaHater7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaHater7
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

There aren't that many games at all you say? Need for Speed, AC Blackflag, COD Ghosts, Battlefield4, Killzone, Fifa, NBA 2K14, Madden, LEGO Marvel, plus Resogun and digital games that are available on PSN. So how many more games do you want bro?

DaHater7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaHater7
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

Also the system just came out and you expect PSN to be giving out free games comparable to PS3? You gotta give it some time dude. Looks like you made am impulse buy and shoudn't have taken the jump into next gen yet.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

go cry some more

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Well, you should have waited. To me the launch is fine. NO launch is going to have all the AAA games you want just yet. DUH. This is obvious. Put your PS4 down go buy ome PS3 games and wait. Or buy some Ps4 games you havent played. Killzone, AC4, Need for Speed Rivals are great Games to play right now

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#20 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@grand17 said:

I get what you are saying but I also disagree! This-gen hasn't been spectacular so far but it's only just beginning.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#21 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@grand17 said:

@TF626: incompetent to think the new console will get all the support, lol. i would argue that the competition has done a better launch then my beloved sony. which console did the new forza come out on... look i had ps3 on launch and ps4 on launch, not trying to make a system war, just sayin

After reading a few more of your post I see that your agenda is clear! You are starting a SW topic, but on the downlow! Which is cool....so now I don't have to waste anymore of my time and I hope other do the same! Have a nice day:)

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@TF626 said:

Perhaps you should have waited, I don't understand how people are so incompetent. A launch console is going to be dry in terms of software for months, it takes years to build a quality library of games. It hasn't even been out for a month.

People always amaze me at how inept they can be. They buy a launch console that they know is only going to have a handful of games & somehow think that will magically change somehow immediately after they get it. Then they make topics about it like it's a news flash & was unexpected. X1 has hardly any games & PS4 have hardly any games. They've been out 3weeks, so it would be logical to expect them to only around 13-17 games like they do.

I choose to enjoy it. I put skins on mine. I got Music Unlimited that allows for music in-game. I got some sweet NYKO chargers that are the best of any brand. It takes some patience when console release for the libraries to build. I still have my PS3 to play some games on also.

11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

I agree the current launch titles are like all meh, which is why I'm going to wait until I see some potential good games.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

At least you have a PS4, I'm still trying to hunt for one.

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 grand17

@MarcRecon: why would i start a sw against the only system i have? your logic doesnt make sense. im complaining, is that not allowed?

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts
@grand17 said:

ps3 should not be getting exclusive new games or better ps plus gifts.

Disagreed.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@grand17 said:

@MarcRecon: why would i start a sw against the only system i have? your logic doesnt make sense. im complaining, is that not allowed?

Complaining is fine, it's the idiocy that's the problem.

The new Gran Turismo was announced in plenty of time for you to not follow through on the PS4 if that was such a big deal to you.

With Playstation Plus why on Earth do you think that Sony should turn their back on over 90 million users? This is a good idea to you?

As for no games for the PS4 I'm really getting sick of people saying that

Assassin's Creed, NBA 2K, Lego Marvel, Battlefield, COD, Need for Speed, FIFA, Killzone

Seriously, if there's not something there you want to play there's something wrong with YOU.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

You knew this before making the purchase...so I don't know what to say lol

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Maybe u should have waited before buying a PS4.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

The PlayStation 4 launch is far from what the PS3 was at Launch. PS3 had Resistance Fall of Man and a bunch of multiplats that ran poorly Some titles were missing online such as Tony Hawk's Project 8. The PS4 has got Killzone and Resogun. Most if not all the multiplats on the system run just as well as other platforms. You have also have Driveclub and Infamous coming out within quarter 2 of next year plus another title from the resogun developer. To have games like Killzone, Infamous, Resogun, and Assassin's Creed within at least a launch window of a new system is quite good. Go ahead, get your Xbox One. Do not come whining when the timed exclusivity runs out on some of those Xbox games and they get ported to PS4 and every other platform. Do you honestly think Dead Rising 3 will stay exclusive forever? Dead Rising 1 came to Wii and Dead Rising 2 came to PS3. The Mass Effect games and Ninja Gaiden came to PS3 as well. The developers of Titanfall already stated that they want to put their games everywhere. Even if Titianfall 1 is a permanent exclusive, you can bet the sequel or the developer's next title will be multiplat. I am not bashing Microsoft itself. I am just stating how third parties have been acting.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

It's only been out for just about a month now, calm down. PS3 will get support because a ton of people have them and Sony can take advantage of that since not nearly as many people have a PS4, and Sony doesn't leave people hanging like Microsoft seems to do once a new system launches. As for GT6, well, IDK what to tell you, maybe you should have looked it up online anytime this year and you would have known it's only on PS3. And of course the PS3 will get more Plus support, it has a much much larger library and for PS4 they're going to want to sell launch titles for as much as they can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

I think mid 2014 is when I should consider getting a PlayStation 4, many of the video games I want will be available by then; however some of the are download only. I feel when consoles or handhelds first come out, they are expected not to have much, because that is just how it has been done. Sure I wish they focus on having better video games at launch and early on, but I figure if they insist on not doing it every time, there must be a valid reason why; even though I do not see it as smart.

UevenLiftBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UevenLiftBro
Member since 2013 • 77 Posts

@grand17 said:

It seems you are new to launch consoles.

Thajewbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Thajewbear
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

If you would've bought killzone then you wouldn't have created this thread.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I believe this thread is either a whined up from an Xbox fanboy or there about 12-18 and wasn't there for a console launch, how quick do you think people can make games and there are over 20 odd titles at launch that's impressive, Xbox one has no exclusives now till titanfall, ps4 has at least 2 plus indie games plus ps+ what more do you want

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#36 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

relax I got a xbox one and I feel the same way , in fact I think my wiiu has more games on it then xone , patience is a virtue , I certainly do agree the competition had better launch --Nintendo wiiu had nintendoland zombie u nsmbu and a plethora of great third party 007 etc games , mean while ps4 xone have the same line up minus the 2 exclusives one has , and the 2 ps4 have, should have waited

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#37 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I have a PS3, PS4 and a Vita, now i only have Resogun, Contrast, AC IV and Battlefield 4 for the PS4. I was aware of the lack of games for the platform and chose games i thought would be most fun. Expecting that a launch for a console would give you dusins of games is naive. You still have F2P games if you want or you can go back and play the PS+ games you haven't played already. We all knew the "risk" of getting this console, but i am happy with it and the games i have on it. IF you wanted a big library of games you should have waited a year or two or just wait for the GaiKai to arrive to give you other games to play. Sony have done the best they could even with Watch Dogs and Driveclub getting delayed. You don't have to wait that long before games are coming for it. But if you weren't aware of this when you bought it, well maybe you shouldn't have gotten it`?

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I hear ya'. I honestly think that Sony's launch was rushed to keep up with a well planed launch by MS. But as long as you (or anyone) still has their PS3 working there is no problem. The PS4 hardware is well thought out. The games will follow.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

Welcome to every launch. I'm still playing more of my current gen consoles, even though I got PS4. I'm not super disappointed though. It will come in handy. I play a little BF 4 and a lot of Resogun. Some other free stuff here and there. It pretty much is expected with any launch from Sony and MS. Hang in there. Play some good old stuff. In the long run it'll be worth it.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

I only bought Assassin's Creed IV with my PS4 on launch day, but was able to get Resogun and Contrast from PS Plus and also Flower thanks to Cross Buy. I'm immensely happy! Furthermore, I have Lego Marvel Superheroes coming to my on Xmas morning, haha.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Last_Ride

@jetjetjaguar said:

I hear ya'. I honestly think that Sony's launch was rushed to keep up with a well planed launch by MS. But as long as you (or anyone) still has their PS3 working there is no problem. The PS4 hardware is well thought out. The games will follow.

There are enough games like F2P and launch games, and people should have expected this

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

Should have done your research, this usually happens with newer/younger gamers. Regardless, it's only been out for just over a month--support will come.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

my plan was to get a PS4 mid 2014, when MGS5,InfamousSS are out. but my wife bought one for me 1st week of december. yeah there's not much when it just came out.. my only games are KillzoneSF, AC4, Battlefield 4

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

have you considered selling your ps4 and quitting gaming?

because everything you are complaining about was completely obviously going to happen.

Well said MethodMan dude, i was just telling my bro in law the same thing this past weekend.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

So you're complaining that you don't get more free games when there aren't many games to even give out for free? Look, you could have done more research to discover that,.. GASP! There are never many good games at any console launch. You should have waited until March for InFamous/DriveClub/MGS if those suit your tastes or even Fall 2014. While there are a few good games on PS4 right now (I've personally beat Motherload, Contrast, most of Resogun, beat KZSF campaign and logged a lot of hours in MP) I knew going into buying one at launch that I most likely would simply drop the system altogether to catch up on last-gen games until March. Even then for me April-September is looking barren for PS4 as I was hoping Destiny would take up my time though I suppose Watch Dogs will suffice.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#47  Edited By pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I thought of getting a PS4 but then realize the launch lineup was limited plus the wait for more games. I think it's better to wait at least a year or two before getting a new system.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Were you ever around for a console launch before?

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#49 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I think the OP expected a flood of games for the PS4. Just waif for E3, dude Sony will deliever plus you have games like Infamous Second Son and Drive Club coming out. I guess it's sorta of buyers remorse.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The_Last_Ride

@betamaxx83 said:

Were you ever around for a console launch before?

clearly he hasn't