Favorite PS1 Classic in the PSN store?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts

What's your favorite PS1 Classic avalible for the PSP and PS3 in the PSN store?:lol:

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

final fantasy tactics, but I haven't played final fantasy VII even though I've had it for awhile.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
Final Fantasy Tactics (loved WOTL, so I wasn't surprised) and hopefully Grandia (can't wait to play it).
lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

Resident Evil 3

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 M_1_A_M_I

Final Fantasy Tactics (loved WOTL, so I wasn't surprised) and hopefully Grandia (can't wait to play it).hockey73

Havent tried FFT but have been meaning to get it.RE 2 and RE Nemesis are my favorites though. :)

Oh and what do you thinks better WOTL or the FFVII PS1 Port?

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts

Wow, it's so many good ones.....my favorites are:

RE2

MGS

Soul Reaver

I REALLY want Vagrant Story, I loved that game back in the day

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I love Final Fantasy VII (haven't played the downloaded version yet though). I have recently bought FF VIII but have yet to play it.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

[QUOTE="hockey73"]Final Fantasy Tactics (loved WOTL, so I wasn't surprised) and hopefully Grandia (can't wait to play it).M_1_A_M_I

Havent tried FFT but I have FFVII and I love it! RE 2 and RE Nemesis are my favorites though. :)

Oh and what do you thinks better WOTL or the FFVII PS1 Port?

Well the WOTL one includes the graphical slowdown, which actually is quite annoying after playing the ps1 version. But WOTL has the new animations scenes, a bit more content, but since I now have a Go, I wasn't able to continue playing WOTL. Can't go wrong with either, I think I prefer WOTL a bit more (plus it has 2 more classes), but you can't go wrong with either.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

"REEL FISHING"

I'm not kidding, I honestly DO like this game because it's a nice, laid-back alternative to knuckle-bruising action titles, the ambience and graphics are sort of mezmerizing... all I ask is that you try it before you bash it. You might find a hidden gem. If you fish, mannerisms of Bass, Trout, Carp, and others is really well done, and real-life fishing techniques actually apply. This is not one of those loud, shouty, in-your-face "Bass Challenge" arcade games with time limits and over-eager announcers... the focus is on relaxation and getting to know the fish behaviors and locations. The mo-cap water and various sound effects and locales make for a very Zen experience. Definitely play it with 'phones on.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#10 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Bishi Bashi Special it has some really fun mini games it's one of myfavouritegames by Konami.

PurpleSmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 PurpleSmile
Member since 2010 • 1068 Posts
Resident Evil 3.. DarkStone :)
Emandudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Emandudeguy
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts

Syphon Filter 1 or 2.

I hope they put Soul Blade on there some day, that would be cool because I never played that game and I love Soul Calibur I and II, and am also enjoying Broken Destiny.

Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
Tomb Raider 2!
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

"REEL FISHING"

I'm not kidding, I honestly DO like this game because it's a nice, laid-back alternative to knuckle-bruising action titles, the ambience and graphics are sort of mezmerizing... all I ask is that you try it before you bash it. You might find a hidden gem. If you fish, mannerisms of Bass, Trout, Carp, and others is really well done, and real-life fishing techniques actually apply. This is not one of those loud, shouty, in-your-face "Bass Challenge" arcade games with time limits and over-eager announcers... the focus is on relaxation and getting to know the fish behaviors and locations. The mo-cap water and various sound effects and locales make for a very Zen experience. Definitely play it with 'phones on.

ston3henge
I always see you trotting this one out, so I might as well ask some questions. Is there a real purpose to the game? Yeah, catching fish and all, but I mean is it some kind of tournament thing? I remember playing Bassin's Black Bass on the SNES when I was a kid and had a good time trying to catch the most weight (for 5 bass) in a tournament. I just keep seeing you saying it's so relaxing that it makes me think that there's no real point to the game other than merely catching fish.
retrogamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 retrogamer1
Member since 2010 • 47 Posts

Probally either Crash 3 Warped or the original Medievil

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
[QUOTE="ston3henge"]

"REEL FISHING"

LongZhiZi
I always see you trotting this one out, so I might as well ask some questions. Is there a real purpose to the game? Yeah, catching fish and all, but I mean is it some kind of tournament thing? I remember playing Bassin's Black Bass on the SNES when I was a kid and had a good time trying to catch the most weight (for 5 bass) in a tournament. I just keep seeing you saying it's so relaxing that it makes me think that there's no real point to the game other than merely catching fish.

It's a fishing thing, you wouldn't understand. I would play a fishing game, except I do the real thing (spring is a-coming too! WoooHOOOO!) Just got my fly-tying kit too! Back-on-topic here, FFVII gets my vote!
M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 M_1_A_M_I

FFVII is great ! Has anyone played Castevania SotN or MGS I heard good things but haven't bought either of them yet.

brylram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 brylram
Member since 2006 • 48 Posts

Wild ARMs

Avatar image for EyeShatteredSky
EyeShatteredSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 EyeShatteredSky
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts

Haven't played a ton of them, but so far "Um Jammer Lammy" has proven to be a very worthwhile purchase and one of the best rhythm games I've played yet on the system!

Zohluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zohluff
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts
I would say Silent Hill, but out of all my games, Resident Evil 3 receives the most playtime.
ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ston3henge

[QUOTE="ston3henge"]

"REEL FISHING"

LongZhiZi

In order to progress through the game, you need to meet the criterion of each level, usually a quota of a given fish, or certain size or larger. If memory serves there are 22 levels spanning 7 or 8 different locations and you bounce back and forth meeting the various objectives. This first title in the series is my favorite for a lot of different reasons like the mo-cap water effects (later games went to all-graphicly drawn locations and I thought they lost a little charm, visually), even though the fish AI aren't as developed as later itterations.

Fish AI is pretty accurate, so when you're trying to catch a trout you need to let the fish hit the bait andrun before trying to set the hook, carp are skiddish and easily spooked... etc.

As you progress and unlock locations by fufilling quotas or netting trophy specimens, you also unlock baits and other tackle. I know this all sounds like it's not exactly pulse-pounding, but when you finally land that monster trout you feel accomplished in ways that are very different than other gaming victories. Perhaps this all sounds boring and pointless... but then again, so is most sport fishing at times. Any fisherman (person) will tell you that catching the fish is good, but it's about getting out in the boat or standing at the riverbank and enjoying the sound of the crickets... and this game does that part of fishing as well as the rest, really well.

There are set goals, there is a direction to the game. But it's not a SCREAMER. Y'know? I love the series (being a real-life fisherman who has gone after and successfully caught all sorts of fresh-water trophies & lunches), and I point it out because I honestly feel the first game (the PSOne title) is the best of the series.

It's NOT a game for everyone, but you never know. As friends of mine say about Tiger Woods Golf, that it's not REAL golf but that it keeps them mentally sharp during the off-season, so too, I feel the "REEL Fishing" series is to us fishing folk.

Sure, it's a weird niche game. You might think it's stupid. But then again...

GAMBIT1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GAMBIT1551
Member since 2010 • 384 Posts

Final Fantasy VII and Metal Gear Solid.

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 M_1_A_M_I
Tomb Raider 2!Francision69
Haven't played it on the PSP but I had it for PS1. I like locking the bulter in the freezer lol.
brylram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 brylram
Member since 2006 • 48 Posts

Haven't played it on the PSP but I had it for PS1. I like locking the bulter in the freezer lol.M_1_A_M_I

When I was a kid that butler disturbed me more than just about anything else (ReDeads later replaced him at the top of the list)... a friend and I spent significant amounts of time just trying to ditch him, and every time we'd hear the tinkle of ice again we were horrified. There's something about an old man that you can't escape that is very, VERY not cool.

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 M_1_A_M_I

[QUOTE="M_1_A_M_I"]

When I was a kid that butler disturbed me more than just about anything else (ReDeads later replaced him at the top of the list)... a friend and I spent significant amounts of time just trying to ditch him, and every time we'd hear the tinkle of ice again we were horrified. There's something about an old man that you can't escape that is very, VERY not cool.

brylram
Hahaha he was pretty creepy

[QUOTE="M_1_A_M_I"]Haven't played it on the PSP but I had it for PS1. I like locking the bulter in the freezer lol.brylram

Lol yea he was pretty creepy... he looked like the hunchback from that disney movie.
kingmav222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingmav222
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts

Metal Gear Solid :D

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ston3henge

Metal Gear Solid :D

kingmav222

Ooooooooo! Good one! Yeah, that^^ too!!!

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#28 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

As of right now, FFVIII is definitely my favorite, although I've only played four and I haven't gotten back to the other three (Suidoken, Wild Arms, and Spyro, which are all good as well). Next time I get a PSN card I'm looking into FFVII, Grandia, and just for Stony, Reel Fishing!

wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts

Wild ARMs. I bought it and Final Fantasy VII at the same time and ended up playing it way more than I thought I would compared to FFVII.

Woe2spread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Woe2spread
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
i liked Abe's oddessey and Abe's exodus.
trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite PSOne title currently available in the PSN Store.
maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite PSOne title currently available in the PSN Store.trick_man01

Same its also my favorite PS1 game ever and final fantasy.

ecliptic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ecliptic27
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts

Metal Gear Solid.

shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts

Resident Evil 2

Final Fantasy 7

Final Fantasy 8

Tekken 2

Metal Gear Solid

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Luigi12901

Well, I'm downloading FFVII as we speak...I'll start it as soon as I finish Crisis Core. Getting close to done on that, so I'm looking forward to continuing the series. :P

Recca07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Recca07
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

final fantasy 7, ill buy it when i buy a ps3

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts

In order to progress through the game, you need to meet the criterion of each level, usually a quota of a given fish, or certain size or larger. If memory serves there are 22 levels spanning 7 or 8 different locations and you bounce back and forth meeting the various objectives. This first title in the series is my favorite for a lot of different reasons like the mo-cap water effects (later games went to all-graphicly drawn locations and I thought they lost a little charm, visually), even though the fish AI aren't as developed as later itterations.

Fish AI is pretty accurate, so when you're trying to catch a trout you need to let the fish hit the bait andrun before trying to set the hook, carp are skiddish and easily spooked... etc.

As you progress and unlock locations by fufilling quotas or netting trophy specimens, you also unlock baits and other tackle. I know this all sounds like it's not exactly pulse-pounding, but when you finally land that monster trout you feel accomplished in ways that are very different than other gaming victories. Perhaps this all sounds boring and pointless... but then again, so is most sport fishing at times. Any fisherman (person) will tell you that catching the fish is good, but it's about getting out in the boat or standing at the riverbank and enjoying the sound of the crickets... and this game does that part of fishing as well as the rest, really well.

There are set goals, there is a direction to the game. But it's not a SCREAMER. Y'know? I love the series (being a real-life fisherman who has gone after and successfully caught all sorts of fresh-water trophies & lunches), and I point it out because I honestly feel the first game (the PSOne title) is the best of the series.

It's NOT a game for everyone, but you never know. As friends of mine say about Tiger Woods Golf, that it's not REAL golf but that it keeps them mentally sharp during the off-season, so too, I feel the "REEL Fishing" series is to us fishing folk.

Sure, it's a weird niche game. You might think it's stupid. But then again...

ston3henge
No, actually it sounds pretty cool. I was just wondering what the motivation to play the game was from the game- the way you describe it, it sounds like they just give you a lake and some bait and you just catch fish for no reason! I may pick this one up. Curious- are there things like tournaments to compete in?
kokolima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kokolima
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

Why has no one mentioned Vagrant Story?

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Luigi12901

kokolima

I don't think it's in the English PSN yet...that would be a good reason. :P

Xizle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 Xizle
Member since 2008 • 657 Posts

Medievil..Hence the display pic

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 M_1_A_M_I
[QUOTE="Luigi12901"]

[QUOTE="kokolima"]

I don't think it's in the English PSN yet...that would be a good reason. :P

Yup it isn't avaliable yet
kokolima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kokolima
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

Yeah it is.. I downloaded it a few days back..

Mushrooom_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mushrooom_Man
Member since 2010 • 324 Posts

Yeah it is.. I downloaded it a few days back..

kokolima

Your probably on the European store. And to the persona couple posts back, is MediEvil a good game? I've kinda eyed it but I ignored it.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

FFVII hands down!

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 M_1_A_M_I
What do you think is better FFVII or FFVIII?
Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

Kula World is one of the best

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

What do you think is better FFVII or FFVIII?M_1_A_M_I

Dude... that's like, a HUGE can of worms ya just opened right there! Pandora's Box of thread replies looming on the horizon... the Four Horsemen are on the Path...

:lol:

I liked them both for what each had to contribute.

For the post about "MediEvil": My answer is 'Meh', but I haven't really even gotten that far into it yet. I bought it and then something stole my attention away (which is not difficult to do when it comes to gaming). It's a solid looking & playing game, basically a 3D platformer/ collector game like a "Ratchet" or "Jak" title has been in the past. Cartoony violence and graveyard spookies.

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Luigi12901

[QUOTE="M_1_A_M_I"]What do you think is better FFVII or FFVIII?MonkeySpot

Dude... that's like, a HUGE can of worms ya just opened right there! Pandora's Box of thread replies looming on the horizon... the Four Horsemen are on the Path...

:lol:

I liked them both for what each had to contribute.

Hehe, that's going to be fun. I haven't played FFVII enough yet (actually, I just started it like today ironically) so I can't be fair with it.

Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mr_Manikin52
Member since 2004 • 12300 Posts

Jet Moto and Jet Moto 2. Those games got me into motocross back in the Ps1 days.