Far cry 3 Multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by marcheegsr (3113 posts) -

Well I finally beat the story mode today. Enjoyed it very much. One of my favourite this gen for sure.

I haven't tried the co op or multiplayer yet.

Was wondering if anyone likes it or plays it alot?

Is there any lasting appeal?

Not sure if I should sell the game or keep it.

#2 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -
I actually never touched the multiplayer. I beat the story and thought it was an ok game, so I wasnt all that excited to dive into the multiplayer. IDK no one ever talks about FC3 multiplayer, I dont think many people play it.
#3 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2647 posts) -

I played the multiplayer for about an hour and while it wasn't horrible for a multiplayer game, it was pretty boring compared to the single player experience, and does absolutely nothing new compared to so many other FPS MP games out there. It was also ridiculously easy to camp spawns, while spawn areas rotate like most games, it takes a while, first match I went 17-3 because I found myself in a position where the other team kept spawning in the same area. This pretty much happened for the next few games as well, without effort, it's was too easy, almost as if bots were just running towards me with really slow reaction times. 

The co-op is absolutely dreadful, it's glitchy as hell, the stories or lack there of are extremely cheese. It's almost like playing a completely different game, boring, linear, graphics are worse, it sucks. The multiplayer is actually better than the co-op. 

I say pass on it, you'll get more if you don't use the pass, that's if you sell it private, if you plan to trade it in or bring it to gamestop then just use the code and give it a try. 

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
#4 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]I actually never touched the multiplayer. I beat the story and thought it was an ok game, so I wasnt all that excited to dive into the multiplayer. IDK no one ever talks about FC3 multiplayer, I dont think many people play it.

Yeah, I couldn't find a local lobby so there was some insane lag.
#6 Posted by sukraj (27501 posts) -

I'm all about single player games imo.

#7 Posted by woograh (25 posts) -

Have to strongly disagree with everyone else's responses to OP here. The multiplayer is a lot of fun and is very well done. One of the coolest things about it too that most other games on consoles don't have are the custom maps. There's a good variety of user-made maps to choose from and they download very quickly. Multplayer really is a blast.