Far cry 2 worth a shot?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KIERON93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KIERON93
Member since 2012 • 52 Posts
I can't wait to play far cry 3 but have to wait till Christmas to get it. Is far cry 2 a good game and worth playing?
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i enjoyed my single player run , but that was years ago not sure how much it aged but remembered the graphics were top notch back then , imo its worth

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
absolutely not.. its a turd...save ur money and enjoy the far superior in every way...far cry 3
porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Far Cry 2 is not so bad but why burn yourself out, we're only 3 weeks out.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Dont play far cry 2 it's terrible just wait for far cry 3.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I still have it sitting on my PS3 when I got it free with PS+ a long while back. Didn't play it much at all, but I'm going to give it another go before I start Far Cry 3.
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
I had it back when I had a 360 and I liked it but I got kind of bored of it after a while. I haven't gotten Far Cry 3 yet but judging by the professional reviews and fellow gamer reviews, you're better off just getting Far Cry 3.
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

If you have a PC, get FarCry off Steam or GOG. It's one of the best FPS games ever imo. FarCry 2 was a letdown for me. It started off well, but got tedious after about 10 to 15 hours.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Its only about $8 so why not?

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I still play it, it's not great, but for $8 you can't go wrong.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I still play it, it's not great, but for $8 you can't go wrong.jordonj

I;m with Jackson & Jordan on this one. $8? You might as well. I owuld undertake playing FC2, and by the time you finish that behemoth, FC3 will be $8!

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#12 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Far Cry 2 is one of the worst games I have played. It is boring and repetitive, it's also very annoying due to every few minutes you come across another enemy camp that pops up and immeditately after you destroy it, it spawns again. You also have to worry about constant malarie attacks and weapon jams (they wear down over time).

The only good thing about the game were the graphics and the map maker. Some people like the game, that's fine though I don't see how. But that's their opinion, in mine I find Far Cry 2 to be a game to avoid at all costs. I didn't enjoy it.

But Far Cry 3 looks much, much better.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="jordonj"]I still play it, it's not great, but for $8 you can't go wrong.MonkeySpot

I;m with Jackson & Jordan on this one. $8? You might as well. I owuld undertake playing FC2, and by the time you finish that behemoth, FC3 will be $8!

IDK Monkey......I have Far Cry 3 and with how good it is I would say it's never going to hit the $8 mark. It might hit the $25 mark in a few years.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ristactionjakso

Far Cry 2 is one of the worst games I have played. It is boring and repetitive, it's also very annoying due to every few minutes you come across another enemy camp that pops up and immeditately after you destroy it, it spawns again. You also have to worry about constant malarie attacks and weapon jams (they wear down over time).

The only good thing about the game were the graphics and the map maker. Some people like the game, that's fine though I don't see how. But that's their opinion, in mine I find Far Cry 2 to be a game to avoid at all costs. I didn't enjoy it.

ShadowMoses900

O it is. Its %500 better than 2.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="jordonj"]I still play it, it's not great, but for $8 you can't go wrong.ristactionjakso

IDK Monkey......I have Far Cry 3 and with how good it is I would say it's never going to hit the $8 mark. It might hit the $25 mark in a few years.

:lol:

Yeah, you may have a point. But EVERYTHING hits my trigger-point of under $15, eventually. I've been quietly and (admittedly) slowly aquiring every game I've wanted for the system by waiting out the price drop. I don't think there's a game in my collection I haven't gotten that way, when I set my mind to waiting it out. I have a fantastic little mom'n'pop resale about an hour away from me where they price things to move, and not always what the market is asking (trying to keep up with the local GameStops, I would imagine), and they always do me right! For instance, I picked up "RE: Op Raccoon City" for under $10 the other day, and it's still fetching $15-$20 at the GameStop up the road.

I'm lucky to have them, though, I realize that.

:D

SO lucky.

They carry everything but Sega Genesis stuff, which is a shame because I need controllers... But everything from NES on up, they carry with no end in sight. Used movies, too. The place is like a PLAYGROUND for me, I can spend HOURS there!

But I see your point on FC3, it does indeed look like a distance-runner. I'll get it at some point. Until I do, got lots and lots of backlog to keep me busy. My local m'n'p has kept my wallet empty and my shelf full.

:)

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Far Cry 2 is one of the worst games I have played. It is boring and repetitive, it's also very annoying due to every few minutes you come across another enemy camp that pops up and immeditately after you destroy it, it spawns again. You also have to worry about constant malaria attacks and weapon jams (they wear down over time).

ShadowMoses900

^^^

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

MonkeySpot

Yeah, you may have a point. But EVERYTHING hits my trigger-point of under $15, eventually. I've been quietly and (admittedly) slowly aquiring every game I've wanted for the system by waiting out the price drop. I don't think there's a game in my collection I haven't gotten that way, when I set my mind to waiting it out. I have a fantastic little mom'n'pop resale about an hour away from me where they price things to move, and not always what the market is asking (trying to keep up with the local GameStops, I would imagine), and they always do me right! For instance, I picked up "RE: Op Raccoon City" for under $10 the other day, and it's still fetching $15-$20 at the GameStop up the road.

SO lucky.

They carry everything but Sega Genesis stuff, which is a shame because I need controllers... But everything from NES on up, they carry with no end in sight. Used movies, too. The place is like a PLAYGROUND for me, I can spend HOURS there!

But I see your point on FC3, it does indeed look like a distance-runner. I'll get it at some point. Until I do, got lots and lots of backlog to keep me busy. My local m'n'p has kept my wallet empty and my shelf full.

lol, nothin wrong with bargains. I was working on a backlog, that is until I got Far Cry 3. I pushed everything aside just to play this game. I was playing Valkyria Chronicles (awesome tactic rpg) too. O well, luckily I can go back and watch every cutscene instead of starting over (thank sega for that)

But I see Far Cry 3 being $55-60 range for a long time. Even when price does drop, its gonna stay at $40 for a very long time. I personally think its a game worth every penny and then some.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]IDK Monkey......I have Far Cry 3 and with how good it is I would say it's never going to hit the $8 mark. It might hit the $25 mark in a few years.

ristactionjakso

SO lucky.

lol, nothin wrong with bargains. I was working on a backlog, that is until I got Far Cry 3. I pushed everything aside just to play this game. I was playing Valkyria Chronicles (awesome tactic rpg) too. O well, luckily I can go back and watch every cutscene instead of starting over (thank sega for that)

But I see Far Cry 3 being $55-60 range for a long time. Even when price does drop, its gonna stay at $40 for a very long time. I personally think its a game worth every penny and then some.

As with "BioShock", so many positive perspectives on the game can hardly be wrong.

I'm just a bit more inundated with familial expenses than some. So I have to wait. Unfortunately.

:P

But it's on my Buy List, certainly.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

SO lucky.

MonkeySpot

As with "BioShock", so many positive perspectives on the game can hardly be wrong.

I'm just a bit more inundated with familial expenses than some. So I have to wait. Unfortunately.

:P

But it's on my Buy List, certainly.

Hmm, I hear nothing but good things about bioshock. I might have to buy it for my backlog.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I really enjoyed Far Cry 2. It has been many years since I played but it was a lot of fun sneaking around clearing out guard posts.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
It's an allright game for a few hours but I found that after that it becomes repetetive and frustrating at times.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#22 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Most people I know hate it, but personally I think it's one of the best shooters this gen. It's not like any other shooter out there, and is kind of an acquired taste. But if you get into it, you really get into it.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

Most people I know hate it, but personally I think it's one of the best shooters this gen. It's not like any other shooter out there, and is kind of an acquired taste. But if you get into it, you really get into it.

brickdoctor
yes its a love or hate game , i was n the love side cause i enjoyed expolring the african setting
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonkeySpot

It's an allright game for a few hours but I found that after that it becomes repetetive and frustrating at times.PetJel

COOL sig, PetJel!!!

What is that? Where's the graphic of that jet/starship from? Very eye-catching... As my post denotes... Sorry to go OT, everyone... Back to Africa and FC2... Next Caller...

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

[QUOTE="PetJel"]It's an allright game for a few hours but I found that after that it becomes repetetive and frustrating at times.MonkeySpot

COOL sig, PetJel!!!

What is that? Where's the graphic of that jet/starship from? Very eye-catching... As my post denotes... Sorry to go OT, everyone... Back to Africa and FC2... Next Caller...

Haha, thanks. It's artwork from Star Citizen, a currently in-development space-sandbox sim.

ship

I got them from here :)