Far Cry 2 Question...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Mother_Canucker
Mother_Canucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mother_Canucker
Member since 2003 • 729 Posts
I just completed one of my first missions *blowing up that cammando Cargo truck, I was to meet my buddy but he was captured and the mission ended. Now on my buddy list he is scratched off. How do I find my buddy or is he dead? If so this really sucks because the buddy system is the only interaction of friendly AI in the game...without my buddys I'm all alone in this darn tootin jungle! Does anyone know what to do?
imaspin17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 imaspin17
Member since 2005 • 1035 Posts

If there is a big red line through the buddies name... I believe that he is dead, but it is not the end of the world as sometimes a buddy will die and there is nothing you can do about it... And there are alot more buddies that you meet in the world that will take your old buddies place.

Mother_Canucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mother_Canucker
Thats good to know however he was my best buddy (whatever that does) he had the most reputation points, his name is crossed out however his status is missing so he's not dead just yet but I'd like to know if I can save him somehow lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#4 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I dont know. I think I encountered a glitch where my first buddy was supposedly mercy killed by me. I went into a tunnel, and he was waiting on top of the tunnel, a fight broke out while I was int he tunnel, then when I came out it said he was mercy killed. WTF?
Mother_Canucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mother_Canucker
Man thats not very fair... if your buddy can save you from death then I think there should be a time limit in which you have time to save or rescue your friend.
Mother_Canucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mother_Canucker
BUMP Has anyone been able to find there buddys when they go missing? I don't beleive my Best buddy is dead!
Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts
There is a time limit when they are wounded where you can save them. This happened to me the other day and it gave me the option either finish them quickly (shoot them myself) or give them a syrette. I gave michelle a syrette and she was fine.
expandingeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 expandingeye
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
So do you know what getting a bunch of reputation points does at all?? i havent had any of my buddies die yet, but id like to know about the rescuing captured buddies... maybe they are just in some enemy base somewhere in the map?
Mother_Canucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mother_Canucker
So do you know what getting a bunch of reputation points does at all?? i havent had any of my buddies die yet, but id like to know about the rescuing captured buddies... maybe they are just in some enemy base somewhere in the map?expandingeye
I really hope you are right because I just started this game and finished my first mission after getting the pills. All of a sudden my best friend is under attack and I lose contact with him... maybe I should hunt down those bad guys(;)) and save him I really hope your right.
BlacKRaiN_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlacKRaiN_666
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i look like a noob cuz i forgot my username and password :P

anywho, this happened to 2 of my buddies today.

Warren Clyde is "missing" with a red line through his name,

and Josip Idromeno is "Mercy Killed," also with a red line through his name. the thing with josip just happened so i searched on google to find what happened and here i am... I just did the mission where you go to kill an african king and retrieve his ring for his son. i went to give it to him and the son said he sent josip away to the oasis so i went to do that mission, killed everyone and finished the mission then looked in my pause menu to check on something and I saw it. i am thinking maybe i killed him on accidient but ur buddies are never seen at the sscene of a mission, just in ur safehouses every so often, even if the other guy said he was there...

Mother_Canucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mother_Canucker
Warren Clyde is missing in my game as well but the line is black not red an his status is missing, I will find my buddy if its the last thing I do in this jungle!
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#12 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
When you advance from stage 1 to stage 2, your buddies all go missing. I dont know if or when they'll be back though.
imaspin17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 imaspin17
Member since 2005 • 1035 Posts

Warren Clyde is missing in my game as well but the line is black not red an his status is missing, I will find my buddy if its the last thing I do in this jungle!Mother_Canucker

I think that the black line is somewhat of a good things... Becuase when my buddy died, I tried to save him but no amount of needles were able to bring him back, so I saw him die in front of my eyes, so I got some trophy and he is labled as "dead" in my journal with a red line through his name... Since your line is black and not red, I assume it means something else, like he is unable to assist you, but is not yet dead.So go save him!