Fallout:NV...Day one buy or wait for inevitable GOTY edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts
Just wondering what everybody is going to do...was waiting for this story to inevitably appear. Can't teach old dog new tricks after all! Microsoft and Bethedsa in bed again for timed exclusivity! Vote and discuss!
bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
Just wondering what everybody is going to do...was waiting for this story to inevitably appear. Can't teach old dog new tricks after all! Microsoft and Bethedsa in bed again for timed exclusivity! Vote and discuss!BonoBoy
Just renting it off gamefly. i gotta play that game ASAP!
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
That does suck. If I weren't getting my online for free while Xbox still needs to pay for theirs, I would really feel butt hurt. I'm still getting the game day 1 though.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

If you are willing to wait around a year to play this game, then go for the GOTY. Doesn't make much sense though, considering that it releases tomorrow.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Oh my goodness people, looks like it's time for Mr.Melpoe to set you all straight yet again.

Do not ASSume their will be a GOTY edition, and even it their is one, who cares? Fallout NV should last you at least 30 hours if it's even half the size of Fallout 3's map. If a GOTY edition breaks loose it wont be till next year anyway, so why wait a whole year. Another thing, Fallout 3's dlc was worth every penny, besides Broken Steel imo.

So even if DLC comes out, it will be worth the money to purchase them if they are great dlc's.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I'm waiting on the GOTY since I still have yet to get through my Fallout 3 GOTY. :lol:
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Melpoe
I'm waiting on the GOTY since I still have yet to get through my Fallout 3 GOTY. :lol:emitsu97
Well that is a predicament :P.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I'll just quote someone from the comment section..

IGN is twisting the facts with their title here - a big no no that even an amateur journalist is warned against. The DLC is NOT exclusive, it has merely been announced on the 360 and not on the ps3 because that is the console that the expansions will be developed for. When, and not if, the DLC is ported over to the ps3, they will announce a date.

Shame on you IGN.
Posted by: Mutley786 on October 18, 2010 10:06 PDT
Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts
[QUOTE="BonoBoy"]Just wondering what everybody is going to do...was waiting for this story to inevitably appear. Can't teach old dog new tricks after all! Microsoft and Bethedsa in bed again for timed exclusivity! Vote and discuss!bsman00
Just renting it off gamefly. i gotta play that game ASAP!

This but but since its a new game i don't expect to get it for a bit i have other games to play anyways
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#10 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Buy the vanilla game, play it, sell it. Then buy the GOTY edition and play it again or just continue and do the DLC. I did that with Fallout 3 and it worked well - even managed to get most of my money back from the main game as it didn't drop in price for a long time.
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Buying on Friday, I want the game now and all the DLC not next year so there's no point on waiting for a GOTY edition for a cheaper price.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'm pretty busy with other games right now. If it turns out to be a fantastic game and it runs really well on the PS3, that might move it up near the top of my wishlist. Otherwise I'm quite happy to wait until next year.

pgunz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pgunz3
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts

Buying it tomorrow. It does suck about dlc being exclusive, but I expect it to be on the ps3

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
Buy the vanilla game, play it, sell it. Then buy the GOTY edition and play it again or just continue and do the DLC. I did that with Fallout 3 and it worked well - even managed to get most of my money back from the main game as it didn't drop in price for a long time.DJ_Lae
I did the exact same thing and I agree, it works well.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Didn't know 360 was getting exclusive DLC. I was getting the game day 1 for 360 regardless but this just makes it even better :D
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Melpoe
Didn't know 360 was getting exclusive DLC. I was getting the game day 1 for 360 regardless but this just makes it even better :DTexas2089
Most likely just a timed exclusive, still I do not understand why MS throws money out the window for things like that.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]Didn't know 360 was getting exclusive DLC. I was getting the game day 1 for 360 regardless but this just makes it even better :DMelpoe
Most likely just a timed exclusive, still I do not understand why MS throws money out the window for things like that.

I don't really get it either, but regardless of whether it comes to PS3 same day or later, I'm just glad I'll be able to play the DLC. They announced its at least coming to 360 so that's enough for me.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#18 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Day 1 for me!

sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]Didn't know 360 was getting exclusive DLC. I was getting the game day 1 for 360 regardless but this just makes it even better :DMelpoe

Why they through out money like that? It is a matter of investing, all the fanboys will break out in "i got it and you dont cos your console sucks", until sony throws out an exclusive, the tables are turned and the ugly cycle continues.

But in a nutshell - it's about getting us worked up, Microsoft wants me to say "dang, i dont have an xbox, and damn-nabit this here exclusive is what i need, so let me just get an x-box too"

How about " NO ".

Otherwise back to your main question, get the game now dude, its always exciting when it's new, waiting a whole year to experience todays technology a year from now? does not make sense...

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Melpoe

[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="Texas2089"]Didn't know 360 was getting exclusive DLC. I was getting the game day 1 for 360 regardless but this just makes it even better :Dsturshel

Why they through out money like that? It is a matter of investing, all the fanboys will break out in "i got it and you dont cos your console sucks", until sony throws out an exclusive, the tables are turned and the ugly cycle continues.

But in a nutshell - it's about getting us worked up, Microsoft wants me to say "dang, i dont have an xbox, and damn-nabit this here exclusive is what i need, so let me just get an x-box too"

How about " NO ".

Otherwise back to your main question, get the game dude now dude, its always exciting when it's new, waiting a whole year to experience todays technology a year from now? does not make sense...

Throwing out money as in, do they really think they will get that many more sales by hogging some stupid dlc?
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#21 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I know its really pathetic, its the same with Liberty City Stories, they paid loads of money just to get it a few weeks before PS3 owners. Sad or what! :?

sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

[QUOTE="sturshel"]

[QUOTE="Melpoe"] Most likely just a timed exclusive, still I do not understand why MS throws money out the window for things like that.Melpoe

How about " NO ".

Otherwise back to your main question, get the game dude now dude, its always exciting when it's new, waiting a whole year to experience todays technology a year from now? does not make sense...

Throwing out money as in, do they really think they will get that many more sales by hogging some stupid dlc?

Well someone in MS bought someone else's BS in order to throw 500 big ones in, it aint about the dlc - its about exclusivity and brand aspiration

AntoineCoyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AntoineCoyote
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

I haven't even bought FO3 yet. I'm waiting until I can get the GOTY edition of that for $30 or less. But yeah, totally waiting for a GOTY edition for NV just like I'm waiting for complete or ultimate editions w/e for Read Dead Redemption and Dragon Age 2 that will have all of the DLC

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

The Joystiq article I read made no mention of them stating it would come to PS3 at a later date (though it is very likely), I wish they would just charge more for the DLC for the first few months and then bring it down to normal price instead of waiting months for the DLC to even be released on that system.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I'm still playing Fallout 3 GOTY and have yet to touch the DLC. I will wait for New Vegas to release a GOTY version.
gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts

I want to...but I can;t stop myself! First day for me in spite of exclusive DLC. Hopefully we get it at a later date.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts

[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="Texas2089"]Didn't know 360 was getting exclusive DLC. I was getting the game day 1 for 360 regardless but this just makes it even better :DVenom_Raptor

I know its really pathetic, its the same with Liberty City Stories, they paid loads of money just to get it a few weeks before PS3 owners. Sad or what! :?

You mean Lost and the Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony? That took close to year to come to the PS3
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
just wait for the GOTY its just not worth a day one purchase...unless your a diehard fallout fan then you should buy it. but im just gona wait
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="Texas2089"]Didn't know 360 was getting exclusive DLC. I was getting the game day 1 for 360 regardless but this just makes it even better :Dsturshel

How about " NO ".

Otherwise back to your main question, get the game now dude, its always exciting when it's new, waiting a whole year to experience todays technology a year from now? does not make sense...

That's essentially what MS is counting on. And given that FO:NV is a relatively "big" title, MS should be able to find some success in its "timed exclusivity" strategy -- especially in terms of persuading the potential buyers that own both consoles to buy the 360 version. From a business perspective, there's no denying that there's merit in most, if not all, forms of exclusivity -- particularly in a highly competitive industry.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
Personally though, it's not even the whole timed-exclusivity that bugs me, but the fact that there's talk about DLC before the game is even out... meaning the DLC or the idea of it existed while the main game was in production. I realize that this probably isn't the first time anyone shared a gripe of this nature, but seeing things like "exclusive DLC" and such, make me sigh at the direction in which the gaming industry is heading this gen.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts
Personally though, it's not even the whole timed-exclusivity that bugs me, but the fact that there's talk about DLC before the game is even out... meaning the DLC or the idea of it existed while the main game was in production. I realize that this probably isn't the first time anyone shared a gripe of this nature, but seeing things like "exclusive DLC" and such, make me sigh at the direction in which the gaming industry is heading this gen. Rakuho
Have you noticed that every interview with a developer asks the same questions: "What are your plans for DLC?" People are ready for more before the basic game even comes out?! It's ridiculous.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
not buying day one but not sure if i'll wait till the GOTY edition either, i was kinda hoping that their might be a black friday deal on it somewere