Fallout 3 Obtaining Weapons

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RisingSunInDU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RisingSunInDU
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
I've just bought Fallout 3 today and started playing it, but it kind of started annoying me as it's hard to find/get guns and all. Where and how can I obtain them?
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
You can obtain weapons numerous ways. You can pick them off dead enemies you kill or find, buy them from npc's that sell them, make them with schematics and obtain via completion of quests. If you explore in this game you will find an abundance of weapons scattered throughout the game world. However, if you stick to the main quest and don't explore much you will most likely find your self dissapointed.
jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 jriddle89
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts
Actually in this game, one of the downfalls IMO is that it is too easy to get many of the stronger powered weapons early in the game....just explore a bunch and you will run into enemies with the good weapons...
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
i would pick them off enemies. The guns in the stores are usually overpriced and in bad repair. Good luck searching!
zaphod_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 zaphod_b
Member since 2002 • 2201 Posts
You will get most of your weapons from enemies or locked rooms. Trust me, after about 3-4 hours of playing, I had to start dropping weapons I had so many.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Don't worry, later in the game when you level more, if you haven't found the better weapons yet the NPC's will start selling them to you.
bluespikefree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bluespikefree
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
just upgrade your lockpicking skill and strenght so you cna carry more stuff (so you can sell them for caps) lockpicking skill will allow you to open up locked door for some good weapons too.