This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts

I'm interested in this game but I have heard of freezing being an issue, is it still a problem? Is it something that only happens once in a while? Or does it ruin the game?

Oh, and I am talking about the regular edition without the DLC, NOT the GOTY edition which I know has problems.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
I have the GOTY Edition, and it only froze once on me during the 20 or so hours I've played. I think alot of the problems people talk about are blown out of proportion...
AdjacentLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 AdjacentLives
Member since 2009 • 1173 Posts

I have the GOTY Edition, and it only froze once on me during the 20 or so hours I've played. I think alot of the problems people talk about are blown out of proportion...havokmaster

This man speaks the truth.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
i dont think its much of an issue with GOTY and the regular version is kinda hit or miss, i havn't had any problems with my regular version but i always see people on here saying that its frezzing all the time.
DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts
Hmmmmmmm....not really. I've seen ours freeze once (we're had it since October) And our previous Fallout 3 copy (not the GotY version) only froze once too in the same span of time. Just save often.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
TBH, Fallout 3 is buggy on 360 and PC just as much, people just tend to focus on the PS3 version for some reason. I know it doesn't look as great, but it runs just as well.
SomeGuyInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SomeGuyInLA
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

I've been playing the GOTY edition for about 15 hours and it hasn't froze on me yet. I rented the regular game a couple months after it was released and it froze on me twice. So I guess it just depends on whether or not you get a good copy of the game.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

I've played the original about 100 hours, and it did freeze sometimes, I'd say maybe 3 to 5 times, often when I was trying to enter/exit/switch targets too fast in VATS.

As for the GOTY version, I only played for 10 hours so far and I haven't encountered any problem.

darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts
It's a great game! Although I haven't been playing it much cause now I'm playing Dragon Age Origins...and once February arrives I'll have yet another RPG to play, White Knight Chronicles, and a few other games as well. It also only froze on me once, but it was only after I restarted my character because I wanted to pick the explosives stats, and it was during the G.O.A.T test because I sat in the chair I'd knew I had to sit on. This is known as the G.O.A.T test bug.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
About the GOTY edition, sorry bit offtopic, it supposedly starts freezing in the DLC, so if you're just 15-20 hours in you don't really have the problem yet. Just thought I'd post it here.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts
It's fine. Play it, it's one of the best RPGs of all time. Don't let some whiny babies tell you otherwise.
fifamessi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fifamessi
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts

I'm interested in this game but I have heard of freezing being an issue, is it still a problem? Is it something that only happens once in a while? Or does it ruin the game?

Oh, and I am talking about the regular edition without the DLC, NOT the GOTY edition which I know has problems.

Ryder123
i bought it december 27th or somewhere around there(not the GOTY with the dlc, just the normal one) and imo the freezing issues are so blown out of proportion, ive played 26hours untill now and have to say its an amazing game.
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

The frame-rate and the vats aiming are the worst faults.

Otherwise a fantastic game.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts
Great game, I haven't had it long and have maybe played 20 hours or so, and in that time I have yet to have a game ending freeze (although at one point I got stuck in a bush. It wasn't a freeze, I mean I could look around and jump, but I couldn't move and had to reset). I have noticed a few short freezes, like 1 second or so, but these aren't that common. Overall the game so amazing that it is not hard at all to look past these issues. And like someone above me said the PS3 version isn't all that worse than the 360 and PC versions, it just gets made out to be worse.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

TBH, Fallout 3 is buggy on 360 and PC just as much, people just tend to focus on the PS3 version for some reason. I know it doesn't look as great, but it runs just as well.havokmaster

This is true. I had the 360 version freeze four times in about five months.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#16 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

TBH, Fallout 3 is buggy on 360 and PC just as much, people just tend to focus on the PS3 version for some reason. I know it doesn't look as great, but it runs just as well.havokmaster

I use to own a 360 and loved Fallout 3 and it was very buggy but imo the PS3 GOTY version is much more buggy due to framerate issues.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Its very glitchy and buggy, but its still very good

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Don't let the bugs and glitches prevent you from getting an amazing game. Just save often and you'll be good and prepared for any freezing issues that may occur.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

[QUOTE="havokmaster"]I have the GOTY Edition, and it only froze once on me during the 20 or so hours I've played. I think alot of the problems people talk about are blown out of proportion...AdjacentLives

This man speaks the truth.

my goty edition freezes every 2 hours aprx. , mostly during vats activation , then i have to turn off the console and load the game again and lose everything since the last savepoint , but the game is good so i like it anyway , i just save more often

shhbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 shhbob
Member since 2008 • 1035 Posts

Its very glitchy and buggy, but its still very good

M0wen10
true say
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I can speak for regular Fallout 3 edition, during my 80+ hours spend with it, it had 2-3 glitches. I didn't experienced any freezing issues.

I don't know how Xbox 360 or PC performs with it but PS3 version is blown out of proportion. It runs and play great.

GOTY Edition I haven't played.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

ya i had the xbox version and damn i played it alot and it froze on me a good amount of times.. at least the game has autosave lol.

u should get it though, u dont wanna miss out and i know it might freeze sometimes but the game is worth it man

bpifer311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 bpifer311
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts

Just save often, and you'll be fine. My regular version doesn't freeze at all, though.

calicoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 calicoolguy
Member since 2005 • 294 Posts

i just beat fallout 3 for first time the other week. i had 2 freezes i think. so its not horrible. awesome game. took me an hr to get into it and after that couldnt put it down.

NeoMerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 NeoMerlin
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts

Fallout 3 has a lot of little bugs here and there and I'm not just talking about rad-roaches. Whether or not YOU actually encounter these bugs is really a matter of luck. Not just on the copy of the game you buy but seemingly the copy of the game, your PS3 and whether or not you made a goat sacrifise to Bethesda or not. For example I leant my brother my copy of Fallout 3 GOTY and he encountered a bug where an NPC for a sidequest disappeared so he couldn't finish that quest. Unfortunately it was a BIG quest as far as side quests go.

I never had that problem and it's the same copy of the game. However my game will freeze every time I try and start the Mothership Zeta mission. Others, apparently, do not have this problem. So it's all about how much the world hates you at the time, I guess.

All that said, don't let it turn you off. Fallout 3 is a great game and the bugs are probably the biggest draw back to it and none of them can be called game breaking. I've never come across a bug that stopped me finishing the main story arch and while my game does start PMSing from time to time and freeze, I wouldn't say it happens enough to make the game unplayable.

So give FO3 GOTY a shot. It's a lot of fun and if you say the right prayers under a full moon over a pool of holy water, then you'll be alright!

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AmnesiaHaze
[QUOTE="NeoMerlin"] I've never come across a bug that stopped me finishing the main story arch and while my game does start PMSing from time to time and freeze, I wouldn't say it happens enough to make the game unplayable.

i did , at the end of the game where you go to the citadel my character froze during the discussion of elder lions with his allies , i couldnt move only duck and turn around , i was stuck there , there was no other way to fix that than loading a earlier save and playing lot of hours again to reach that point
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

My 50+ hours with no freezes says hi.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AmnesiaHaze

My 50+ hours with no freezes says hi.

kraken2109
50 hours aint much , you probably didnt see the majority of the game yet , my multiple playthroughs took bout 180 hours till now , didnt finish zeta , lookout , steel yet but im almost done with exploring the whole wasteland
Sonwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sonwhy
Member since 2009 • 1032 Posts

Its a pretty good game. I don't think you have much to worry about the game freezing on you becuz you can pretty much save your game any time you want.

Didi_0k4s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Didi_0k4s
Member since 2010 • 32 Posts
is fantastic games ss!!!!