ezio greatest gaming character this generation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

In my opinion Ezio from assassins creed is the most lovable and stylish character from a gaming series this generation in the ps3 and xbox 360. We get attached to him as we have seen him grow froma young 20s boy to a mature 30 yr old who ha shad heartbreaks and now an old man. I certainly can relate to this character and i think AC revelations would be the perfect end to such a great character. I wouldnt be surprised if this game surpassed uncharted 3 in terms of story

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Not even by a long shot, but I do agree that he's a good character though.
jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jaidev004

are u kidding me nathan drake is not a great character hes just part of a great gaming series with outstanding graphics and gameplay. Character development of Nathan drake is not great. If you have played all assassins creeds like me and appreciate history i think assassin creed series is a real gem! I have no hesitation to pick AC revelations ads GOTY 2011 over arkam city, uncharted 3,la noire and gears 3. thats just me. I guess i am the only one who got attached to Ezio as a character:)

gta_gamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 gta_gamer10
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

i would certainly agree he is one of the best, maybe not the nest overall but certainly one of my favourite gaming characters

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Well lucky for him, Ubi decided to milk AC2.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
:lol: He's pretty generic, not really in charge of anything, always depending on others.. Sorry, but Solid Snake is the greatest character of every generation..
XxRefereexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XxRefereexX
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

Everyone is entitled to his opinion but I disagree with you completely, I think he's a horrendous character... B ut then I again I hate the assasins creed games so naturally I don't like Ezio

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
While everyone can make a case for or against Ezio, I find Ezio to be a great character that has been fully developed. Seeing him before he became an assassin really develops his character. In Brotherhood, I loved the flashbacks to Cristina. It shows that there is more to his life than the Brotherhood. He is an honorable man that had an unfortunate past (with what happened to his family). His character grew and is now fully come about in Revelations.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Nope.

The best character is still Elena's butt, from Uncharted. Understated, yet commands respect.

:)

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I thought Ezio was a total nothing. He'd be in the bottom 20% of any list of characters I'd make.

mojomondays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mojomondays
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Absolutely not. He was unbearable; absolutely flat and completely dislikeable (for me personally), had about as much charm as a prison lavatory. But then again saying that I can't stand assassin's creed 2, it's just not my cup of tea and part of my dislike for it is the hammy, nonsense story and the flat, uninspired characters. I can't even sell the game for $5! Pretty much as soon as I got Bayonetta I forgot all about it.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Great game, absolutely horrid character. I loved Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, Brotherhood was crap. Altair wasn't well characterized, but he was respectable. Ezio on the other hand is just too childish and unprofessional. And why are you comparing him to Nathan Drak or what not, while the guy simply he said he's not the best?

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 koospetoors

are u kidding me nathan drake is not a great character hes just part of a great gaming series with outstanding graphics and gameplay. Character development of Nathan drake is not great. If you have played all assassins creeds like me and appreciate history i think assassin creed series is a real gem! I have no hesitation to pick AC revelations ads GOTY 2011 over arkam city, uncharted 3,la noire and gears 3. thats just me. I guess i am the only one who got attached to Ezio as a character:)

jaidev004

Where did I say anything about Nathan Drake? Hell, I don't even like that guy in the first place.

I like Ezio, it was cool how you pretty much followed him throughout most of his life and I'm certainly looking forward to this supposed end to his story that's going to happen in Revelations.

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

are u kidding me nathan drake is not a great character hes just part of a great gaming series with outstanding graphics and gameplay. Character development of Nathan drake is not great.

jaidev004
Wtf lol ?
jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jaidev004

i love the christina flashbacks too. Kinda reminds me of my college days. I guess everyone likes people who they can relate to

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
He's pretty awesome but not the best imo.
mojomondays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mojomondays
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I'm kind of sick of American main characters to be honest. Turns me off. Feels like an unnecessary extension of Hollywoodism. I would have liked Nathan Drake a lot more if he was Portuguese (along with subtitles). Does that make me racist?
enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

I'd say the Nier cast. Real non-cliche characters for once.

SimpsonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SimpsonKnight
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

Whats funny is that when I saw this thread I kept trying to think of other awesome characters from this generation and I couldnt think of too many. There is Ezio as you said, Nathan Drake, Sackboy(?), uh... I dunno... It seems that there havent been too many memorable original characters from this geneartion. Probably a testament to the current lack of imagination in the industry. So ya, I would agree that Ezio is one of the best characters for sure.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I'd say it was Drake, he is just too great a guy.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Ezio is more of a sad character with a fair amount of history, razz boy turn cult. He is definately great as a character but the interpretation of his character doesnt shine for some reason. I prefer Drake for the fact that his character is definately coming into your head either you notice or not,thats called translation of character. You make a pole of Nate and Ezio,you would see who would win

almossbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 almossbb
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

ok sure whatever. if you were interested to know, i think he is one of the worst characters.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

jaidev004

Nathan Drake may not have the most development as a character but one thing he does have is personality, something both 'Assassin's Creed' protagonists are painfully lacking.

jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jaidev004

nathan drake has personality but he is too hollywood for my liking. Ezio is more Italian and i like Altair too. I am not racist i like american junkfood and baseball but come on you need protagonists of different races and origins too

Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Srenjy
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts
for me the best gaming character this generation is KRATOS :) nothing can top him, hes on top pure and simple! then followed by nathan drake because hes a FUNNY GUY haha
jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jaidev004

kratos is not exclusive to this generation:) just like solid snake

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 worlock77

nathan drake has personality but he is too hollywood for my liking. Ezio is more Italian and i like Altair too. I am not racist i like american junkfood and baseball but come on you need protagonists of different races and origins too

jaidev004

Well I would hope that a a character that's suppose to be Italian would come across as more Italian than a character that's suppose to be an American. Though I'm not sure how nationality in and of itself makes a character better or worse. Not sure what you mean by "too Hollywood", nor am I sure why you feel the need to point out that you're not racist and saying we need protagonists of different races, seeing as how you're comparing two white men.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#28 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Yeh I would have to go with Drake he has personality which most characters lack.

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

Ill agree with almost every one else Ezio is a pretty good character I liked him in AC2 (never played brotherhood I saw it as an unnecessary milked game), but he is defiantly not the best character. Also Nathan Drake and Snake are 2 really good well developed characters. 2 other characters i really enjoyed this gen that have not been mentioned are Wheatly and Cave Johnson.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of either franchise but Drake > Ezio with ease

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

This gen is tough since many of the greats are from others (i.e. Solid Snake and Kratos). For some reason I've always hated Ezio and dislike how they keep continuing his storyline. I think the biggest reason is how I couldn't get past the fact that you have this guy (Ezio) that's just a normal guy, finds assassin gear, then becomes a world class assassin just like that. Ok so he gets into a few school yard brawls every now and again. How exactly does that make him all of the sudden capable of taking out targets like Altair? The last time I checked Ezio spent little to no time training to become an assassin. It's just ridiculous.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#32 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

He's a good character, but definitely not THAT good.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 worlock77

This gen is tough since many of the greats are from others (i.e. Solid Snake and Kratos). For some reason I've always hated Ezio and dislike how they keep continuing his storyline. I think the biggest reason is how I couldn't get past the fact that you have this guy (Ezio) that's just a normal guy, finds assassin gear, then becomes a world class assassin just like that. Ok so he gets into a few school yard brawls every now and again. How exactly does that make him all of the sudden capable of taking out targets like Altair? The last time I checked Ezio spent little to no time training to become an assassin. It's just ridiculous.

Ghost_702

It's like in his DNA and stuff.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
He's alright.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'm going to have to say I like John Marston more than any other character this gen.

koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 koospetoors

I'm going to have to say I like John Marston more than any other character this gen.

Vari3ty
John Marston was an amazing character, it would've been quite awesome if Rockstar released a DLC pack which chronicles his time with that bandit gang he was in (always been interested about his past for some unknown reason)
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
not even close... drake is far better character this gen.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
:lol: He's pretty generic, not really in charge of anything, always depending on others.. Sorry, but Solid Snake is the greatest character of every generation..PoisoN_Facecam0
Exactly! Solid Snake is the best. A true legend.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

Vari3ty
John Marston is a great character, We have dont Ok this gen. Cole from infamous needs a mention, Sackboy is probably the most iconic of this gens new characters, even though he has no personality lol. At least both sony and MS have vastly more characters this gen than nintendo lol. In fact, do nintendo have ANY this gen?
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

I can't stand the series as a whole. Its so close to being amazing buy its missing a breath of life

ballsosteal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ballsosteal
Member since 2011 • 41 Posts
Your right. Ezio was such a dynamic character because he was a total a hole in the beginning of AC2. But then on he matured so much
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Hell no, Altair was 1000x better. Ezio was just a whiny little play boy.
ballsosteal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ballsosteal
Member since 2011 • 41 Posts
[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]Hell no, Altair was 1000x better. Ezio was just a whiny little play boy.

True but at least ezio had personality while Altair remained static