Extremely long initail download for Gran Turismo, PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VeNoMnEs5_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VeNoMnEs5_777
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

When I put the Gran Turismo 5 disc in my PS3 for the first time it prompts to download a patch if I want to play online, and they'r are 6 of them but my problem is it's taking 20-30 times longer to download the files than it should be, it's taking hours. I know someone has had the same problem posted in the forums, and someone posted a link for them to download the patch onto a flash drive or portable device from your PC then transfer it to your PS3, but this link will not load, it's an older version I believe. If anyone could give me any advice on this I would be very grateful, and thank you for your time.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts

yea this was the case for me too; even with this hour long install it still took like 20 second to a load a menu. Terribly optimsed game. Also, the install file took about 20 minutes to delete. I nearly had a panic attack as I thought that my harddrive would be corupted when it hung forever at the deleting please wait screen.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

The download is about 8 gigs and the full installation is almost 20gigs...

Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
Yeah...It takes time dude. no way to get around it.
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts

The download is about 8 gigs and the full installation is almost 20gigs...

DealRogers
Pretty much this. There's a lot of content on the disk that has to be installed and there's a good amount of content that they've added since it was released so between downloading and installing, it's going to take a while. Do you know what your internet speed is?
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Once everything from the disk gets loaded up and installed, and the game is fully patched, the game speed is perfectly fine. But I agree with you, PS3 download speeds are SLOW. All patches and games that I download take way longer than if I downloaded a similiar sized file on my PC, no way around it......enjoy GT5 its a great game.

evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 evilross
Member since 2003 • 2076 Posts

You must have the original version. There is an XL version available now that has 2.0 on the disc. It saves a lot of time in the inital set up.

The game has gone through a lot of changes since it was first released. Thats a good thing really. As of now GT5 is the best sim racer there is, period. Its worth it once you get it up and running. Make sure you do the full install once all the patches are downloaded. Game loads much faster.