Extremely Depressed after playing Mass Effect 3, anyone else ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lazy_Marine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Lazy_Marine
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts

*Spolier warning*

I finished the game yesterday, Mass effect is now officially my favourite game series of all time the ending was incredible (i don't want to debate this but i actually think the ending was good despite all the hate, Bioware must not cave in at all costs!), but ever since i finished it i have been depressed. The ending music plays in a loop in my head and the hopelessness and tragedy of the ending just destroyed my soul ! I'm sure i'll recover eventually :roll:, but did anyone else feel deeply depressed after completing the game?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

While I didn't like the plotholes, I did like how it wasn't one of those stories that ending on a happy note. You won the war, but that doesn't mean that things are suddenly bright and peachy again.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i was happy and i thought the story was great its what i like in my games.. death everywhere
CornelMosneag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4 CornelMosneag
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts

I had almost the same feeling at the end. Wait a few days. Then the shock will vanish and the questions will kick in. And soon you will start hating the ending. Actually not the ending itself, but the plot holes.

I don't know, maybe i am not smart enough to understand why did i bother to cure the genophage and give the quarians a home when they end up isolated near Earth. If Shepard did nothing they might have had a chance to win the war and return home. In any other ending they face a huge Mass Relay explosion (that almost destroyed Normandy). And maybe someone would explain to me why did my companions abandon me after Harbinger's attack and how did they manage to return to the Normandy, and why did they fly heck knows where. And what was the point of giving intelligence to the Geth and teaching EDI to be human if in the end I face the issue of killing them in a flash. How does Shepard control the Reapers if he dies? Why is he actually dying in that ending. How can a flash of light merge organic life and machines?

Questions, questions, questions... we don't want another ending because this one was tragic. We just want some answers.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#5 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I wasn't depressed I was amazed that they would end on such a horrible, impossible, plot hole filled ending and upset that they made it so obvious that Shepard was being indoctrinated/dreaming everything after the charge and that I would have to wait for DLC to see what really happens (unless that was the real ending and the writers lost their minds, any writers that end on two generic cliched biblical references in a row need to be fired).

Lazy_Marine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Lazy_Marine
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts

I wasn't depressed I was amazed that they would end on such a horrible, impossible, plot hole filled ending and upset that they made it so obvious that Shepard was being indoctrinated/dreaming everything after the charge and that I would have to wait for DLC to see what really happens (unless that was the real ending and the writers lost their minds, any writers that end on two generic cliched biblical references in a row need to be fired).

Legolas_Katarn

2 things many peeps forget:

the ending clearly says on the datapad: Shepeard is now a legend, who saved the universe from the reapers threat, bla bla bla look forward to upcoming DLCs, etc "

The oldman stargzer with the child, in the future (same planet normandy crashed, humans most likely populated it, other races died out die to lack of partners) tells his child the story of shepard.

The indoctrination theory has been refuted many times look it up.

CornelMosneag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7 CornelMosneag
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts

So what you say is that Mass Effect was nothing but a story an old man tells his child?
And what about Liara? She could breed with anyone. Her descendants alone could have populated that world with little blue kids. And that still leaves a lot more questions. Maybe you could answer those i have written above since you see no plot hole, we might be looking from a wrong angle here.

And about the datapad... please, it basically says: "Shepard died... whatever. Give us more money for useless content!!"

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Legolas_Katarn

So what you say is that Mass Effect was nothing but a story an old man tells his child?
And what about Liara? She could breed with anyone. Her descendants alone could have populated that world with little blue kids. And that still leaves a lot more questions. Maybe you could answer those i have written above since you see no plot hole, we might be looking from a wrong angle here.

And about the datapad... please, it basically says: "Shepard died... whatever. Give us more money for useless content!!"CornelMosneag

To add to the Shepard died thing, even though their little extra ending seems to put Shepard alive and on Earth if you chose destroy. Also, that doesn't mean anything other than they are making DLC.

To add to the repopulating thing. Isn't Liara the only named character who would have kids, considering all of the other main characters are lesbian, gay ,or of a different species, except for Kaiden who is bi leaving him with only Liara as someone he could have kids with. Unless we count the two women who watch over the war room. Giving the age of Asari wouldn't they likely have outnumbered the humans.

Having an ending like that would make sense as it would appear to give closure before the DLC comes out. What studio in the span of a week would go from oh they hate the ending, to might change it, to will change it. Who would actually do that if it wasn't planned?

(can't quote other post)

Then the only thing we can do is to go back to them being talentless hacks who ended on multiple plotholes, circular logic, impossibilities, and cliched biblical references. If the indoctirnation theory were to play out then the ending could become good, if not, then they have no defense for why they wrote such a god awful impossible to happen ending. If the indoctrination theory is wrong then they would have had to have wrote the scene between Shepard, Anderson, and the Illusive Man as having actually happened, which it clearly didn't.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legolas_Katarn

The ending is even bad from a gameplay perspective as it makes everything you did to gain war support, especially all of the boring poorly handled sidequests, meaningless.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

If you get extremely depressed after playing a video game it may be time to go outside for a bit.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

if u want to avoid depression, don't play full-renegade

spoilers

u end up killing mordin and wrex urself :( tragic
Mass Effect has moved me like no other game before, it's going to remain my fav series for a long time to come I think

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i love ME3 so far one of the best games this year and one of the besr series this gen and overrall for me