Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Codec7
Member since 2015 • 68 Posts

Let me just say that i'm an avid gamer. Spec-wise the PS4 was a major disappointment; I know it, Gamespot knows it, Sony knows it, and 90% of PS4 owners know it. It should have been much better than what Sony gave us. The CPU and GPU in the PS4 are 4 years old already, but they called it next gen LOL. Here we are 2 years later and the graphics are still not next gen. And Sony removed Audio CD playback capability, dumb move on Sony's part, i'll never buy a Sony console ever again..

PS: AAA games on the list are in no particular order, cheers.

TOP-TIER PS4 GAMES TO BUY:

1: Lego Dimensions

2: Earthlock: Festival Of magic

3: Tembo The Badass Elephant

OTHER GAMES TO CONSIDER:

1: Dragon Quest Heroes

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

I'm glad you're passionate about the PS4 and it's games but there is a recommendation thread stickied at the top of this board :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@codec7: there's going to be a lot of games to get for the console

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

42. Recore is a x1 game, unless its a different game with same name which I doubt, good list.

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Codec7

Yeah, we can keep hoping for PS5, hopefully Sony won't bring-out another dud, but i'll be buying Microsoft next time anyway. Sony screwed-up with the PS4.

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Codec7

@NoirLamia777 said:

I'm glad you're passionate about the PS4 and it's games but there is a recommendation thread stickied at the top of this board :)

Yes, but our lists have different intentions. Your list is for games that have already been released, my list is for games that are in development or will be released in the near future.

Also, my list contains what i personally deem AAA PS4 titles that will be worth buying, but the large majority on your list i did not buy because i didn't deem them AAA titles or to my taste. I appreciate your recommendation thread, but my list serves another purpose. Anyone that is not sure of the complete list of titles available soon for PS4 (and only the good ones) will probably find my list very handy; there is not a single website that has my full list in one place. Cheers. Happy gaming.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By juboner

@codec7: I'm waiting for Sony to show more of their plans for the near future. Right now xbox is showing us what they are doing and where they are going with their console. I have been with xbox since the first one so I'm not real big on Sony exclusives, I can assure you that Halo 5 will be far superior to any killzone.

I am seriously considering ps4 this time around bc of the rpg's like Dragon Quest 11 and Shenmue 3 that will not be on x1, but Sony has not shown enough to make my decision yet. I try to picture myself with a ps4 and that controller in my hands after being with xbox and it doesn't seem right, like a downgrade.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

So, what´s your point ?

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@codec7: Get a life

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Codec7

@sleepnsurf: Are you jealous because you didn't bother to do a good deed yourself or take the time to make such a list? I put-in the time an effort and you made no effort, so who needs to get a life?

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Codec7

@juboner said:

@codec7: I'm waiting for Sony to show more of their plans for the near future. Right now xbox is showing us what they are doing and where they are going with their console.

I try to picture myself with a ps4 and that controller in my hands after being with xbox and it doesn't seem right, like a downgrade.

Sony probably thinks they don't need to state their plans, i think they're banking on the PS4 hardware doing the talking, meaning the graphical superiority of the games compared to the same games on X1.

I can confirm you are right about the PS4 controller, it is a downgrade compared to the X1 controller; my hands start aching within half an hour of using it, so the PS4 controller design in general is very inadequate; Sony definitely got the design wrong. Bigger hands do not fit properly with the PS4 controller, and the battery-time is shockingly bad. Sony should be ashamed of themselves for overlooking such basic an obvious things as hand comfort and battery-time on their controller.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juboner

@codec7: I need more than just better looking multiplats, hopefully we will get plenty of Sony news at the paris games show thing they are doing.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

Corrections to make:

• Shadow Of Mordor (medieval action adventure fighter) - its fantasy, not medieval. Also it is not a fighter
  • Call Of Duty: Black Ops III / NBA-2K16 are top-tier????
  • Uncharted 4 is not top tier???
  • Infamous is not top-tier??
  • TLoU 2 is non-existent to my knowledge
  • Dragon Quest Heroes is top-tier and a game to consider
  • Prototype 2 - 1 is also on ps4 they are bundled
Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Codec7

@the_funyarinpa said:

Corrections to make:

• Shadow Of Mordor (medieval action adventure fighter) - its fantasy, not medieval. Also it is not a fighter

No corrections need to be made!

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Funyarinpa

@codec7 said:
@the_funyarinpa said:

Corrections to make:

No corrections need to be made!

ok so let me make this clear... THE LIST I POSTED IS MY OWN PERSONAL LIST OF GAMES THAT I WILL BE BUYING BASED ON MY TASTES AND EXPECTATIONS AND WANTS! The list was not posted to ask for suggestions or to suit anyone else's particular tastes or opinions. So yes, COD Black Ops III is top-tier... to me, it cost Activision $380 million to develop it, so yes, it is top-tier, and will sell millions of copies!

NBA-2K16 is important to gamer's like me who need to get my fanciful basketball fix.

Shadow Of Mordor has graphics resembling a medieval era, and much fighting in the game, so my notes in my list referred to it as a medieval adventure fighter, i did not mean fighter like Tekken or Street Fighter.

Uncharted 4 is not top-tier to me, because it's too open-world, so it's definitely not on my list. I come from the 80's arcade days, and i have certain tastes about more linear games, i don't wish to walk around aimlessly or endlessly with nothing particular to do or too much time between action looking at scenery or buildings for no good reason and wasting time needlessly.

Infamous SS is too Grand Theft Auto-esque with a sci-fi twist, but with same old open-world story-driven crap, so it's not on my list, simple as that. I have never ever bought a copy of Grand Theft Auto, and never will. No wonder younger males in the world today are behaving like know-it-all jackass idiots with macho syndrome, no doubt this game is responsible for a lot of it.

"It has been officially announced that 'The Last Of Us 2' will come out after the release-date of 'Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.'," wrote KpopStarz, the developer!

Dragon Quest heroes is a child's game

Prototype 2 -1 on same disk, exactly!

• lol top tier cod
  • lol top tier NBA
  • Shadow of Mordor is still not medieval and I dont know how else to take fighter than a fighting game?
  • Uncharted 4 is not even open world, yet other open world games are on the top tier list
  • Infamous is not the same as grand theft auto and nice generalization, people were never "know-it-all jackass idiots with macho syndrome" before
  • KpopStarz is not even a gaming news site, the game was never confirmed, but rumored by Nolan North. Nobody has officially said the game is being made. The fact you trust that rumor mill pos site is beyond me
  • Doesnt change the fact its too consider and top-tier
  • So its not Prototype 2, its a bundle of 1 and 2...
  • another thing is soul caliber 6 has not been announced either #SpreadingTheMisinformation

/thread

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Codec7

@the_funyarinpa said:
  • lol top tier cod
  • lol top tier NBA
  • Shadow of Mordor is still not medieval and I dont know how else to take fighter than a fighting game?
  • Uncharted 4 is not even open world, yet other open world games are on the top tier list
  • Infamous is not the same as grand theft auto and nice generalization, people were never "know-it-all jackass idiots with macho syndrome" before
  • KpopStarz is not even a gaming news site, the game was never confirmed, but rumored by Nolan North. Nobody has officially said the game is being made. The fact you trust that rumor mill pos site is beyond me
  • another thing is soul caliber 6 has not been announced either #SpreadingTheMisinformation

/thread

1: When asked if there was going to be further content for the universe Joel and Ellie live in, Creative Director Druckmann said, “It’s possible. We’re playing with some ideas, but no direction has been set yet for the next game.” By stating “for the next game,” Druckmann confirmed The Last of Us 2 is in the planning process.

2: Now it seems fans might have some hope as a new next-gen SoulCalibur 6 looks to be in development as the developers, Project Soul took to their Facebook and asked fans who they wanted to see in a future installment.

3: IGN games site says: "→ 15 JUN 2015 The new Uncharted trailer has us thinking this might be the most open-world Uncharted game in the series yet.

4: Infamous SS has got the same vibe and similar structure to GTA, get over it.

So now i've dispelled all your cheap comebacks and false accusations: stop #SpreadingTheMisinformation.

PS: If you don't like my list then go to another thread, or are you lonely?? LOL

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Funyarinpa

@codec7 said:
@the_funyarinpa said:
  • lol top tier cod
  • lol top tier NBA

/thread

1: When asked if there was going to be further content for the universe Joel and Ellie live in, Creative Director Druckmann said, “It’s possible. We’re playing with some ideas, but no direction has been set yet for the next game.” By stating “for the next game,” Druckmann confirmed The Last of Us 2 is in the planning process.

2: Now it seems fans might have some hope as a new next-gen SoulCalibur 6 looks to be in development as the developers, Project Soul took to their Facebook and asked fans who they wanted to see in a future installment.

3: IGN games site says: "→ 15 JUN 2015 The new Uncharted trailer has us thinking this might be the most open-world Uncharted game in the series yet.

4: Infamous SS has got the same vibe and similar structure to GTA, get over it.

So now i've dispelled all your cheap comebacks and false accusations: stop #SpreadingTheMisinformation.

PS: If you don't like my list then go to another thread, or are you lonely?? LOL

1. Druckmann has also said there is a 50/50 chance that the game will be made, contingent on if there is a good story to tell. planning stages does not confirm anything, some games get trailers and are abandoned. Is the game going to be made? It is a possibility, but far from "officially announced and are in development or will be released soon."
  2. They said "THE FUTURE OF SOULCALIBUR" not soul caliber 6. It could be any game with the soul caliber name, again there is a chance it is soul caliber 6, but far from confirmed. The last two games in the souls series were Lost Swords and Unbreakable Soul. Nothing to suggest main series
  3. Have you ever played an uncharted game? Have you seen any of the gameplay for it? It is far from open world, it is very much a linear game. MGS V, Tomb Raider Definitive, Tom Clancey's: The Division. Those are open world games that all happen to be top tier

when asked about how open world the game is, Druckmann said:
    "Yeah, I mean the term we use is wide-linear. It's not open-world, because we wanted to tell a very specific story, with very specific tension. The thing I have a hard time with, in open-world games, is that there's a lack of tension. Say if my ally's life is in jeopardy; I can still go off and do five different side-quests, and I don't believe that jeopardy. So I feel we need some way to control the pacing, and it needs to be ways where you are still active as well."

4. Youre wrong 100% get over it. Infamous and GTA same vibe gg

Just pointing out all the wrongs in your forum post, youre welcome. It must be nice to have someone help you out when you dont take the time to fact check. You act like I didnt know about any of the sources you used... The only thing youve dispelled is your credibility

Are you jealous because you didn't bother to do a good deed yourself or take the time to make such an effort to check if everything was correct? I put-in the time an effort and you made no effort, so who needs to get a life?

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Funyarinpa
@codec7 said:

My list contains 58 games, FIFTY EIGHT! And here you are picking and bitchin over 3 whether they are confirmed or not? You're unbelievable, and yet the Soul Calibur developers went on Facebook to ask < why did you ignore that?) Asking customers which extra characters we would like to see IN THE NEXT INSTALLMENT (OF THE SERIES - SOUL CALIBUR!!!) the next installment!!!!!!! So why do you keep making an issue with semantics?

TLOU was a world-wide hit, so much so on-par with GTA popularity and reputation in the same sphere of a winner with gamers, so it's safe to say that 99% guarantee it will come, there is no gamehouse/publisher disputation happening about TLOU, so anyone knows it will be here sooner or later, even the planning stages of the developer means it's on-course, and the customer demand, both these make it a given 99%, so your reasoning and nitpicking is ridiculous.

Many games will seek to copy the formula of GTA, and Infamous SS is milking that, and i see it does have the same vibe and similar style, so if you can't handle my opinion, get over it!

Druckmann conceded wide-linear, the website agreed with me, open-world. Wide-linear/open-world... whatever! It's along those lines. House of the dead at the arcades is linear, wide-linear is open-world without time-wasting, same shit! Doesn't matter what you say!

So who needs to get a life??? LOL

PS: Getting tired of your antics and frivolous arguments. (yes, Google the meaning of frivolous young man, because that's your approach to me)

I'll say again, my list at the beginning of this thread was for my own personal needs to consult, but i posted it here for those who want all upcoming games listed, and without needing to hunt-around the internet. If you don't appreciate it or need it, then just stay away and shut your mouth. What's your problem?

PS: your browsing the net to try and contradict me does not equal a good deed. You're talking trash! That's the problem with many people today, they have misconceptions. Do you know what true hard work is? You probably don't! Sad man!

• Your list has problems with it, but instead of actually correcting it, you want to argue. Thats your problem. If you think your list is special and you put a lot of hard work into it. Just know that anyone can get a better list just by googling upcoming ps4 games. The list is so unprofessional and unreliable when you put up games like soul caliber 6 and TLoU 2. If you search for either on gamespot you will get nothing because they are not confirmed.
  • I agree that there is a strong possibility that the game is coming, but it isnt confirmed
  • Infamous =/= gta get over it. the only similarity is they are both open world games
  • open world =/= wide linear. Wide linear is just a fancier way of saying linear. they are different

My antics arent frivolous (yes I know what it means, no google needed), all I did was point out something that was wrong with your precious list. Instead of taking the criticism and applying it, you decided to get pissy about it and call anything based in fact nitpicking. I dont know if the 500 post min is still in effect, if it isnt it should to deal with dumb forums like this that cant even take the time to make sure everything checks out before they post. I dont know who even benefits from this forum when we already have one sticky on the ps section, this forum will soon fall into obscurity.

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Codec7

@the_funyarinpa said:

I did was point out something that was wrong with your precious list.

If my list was so precious to me then i wouldn't have posted it, would I? Are you jealous that I did a good deed?

Do a Google search for all AAA PS4 titles in one place, you will not find a list as conclusive as mine, i have cheery-picked the best ones; i have excluded experimental unproven games, irrelevant games, kiddies games, free PSN games and most sports games. There is no webpage with my entire list in one place, A-grade titles by big development houses. I'll say again, I posted the list for the benefit of others? On a few websites they have a long list but it's hard to tell what is what. I've done the work for you, no big deal.

Soul Caliber 6 is coming, so is TLOU 2, why are you arguing? Put your money where your mouth is... will you bet me $1000 that these two games won't be released? If not, then shut-up! My list is safe, and it will save people much time.

IMO "Infamous SS" is an open-world fantasy type game reminiscent of GTA, i don't like it! "Uncharted 4" also is not my style of things, they try to push the envelope of game design but they forget linear simplicity, they seem to forget that no one can reinvent the wheel, these are too open-world, not to my taste.

I came to do a favour for gamers at the Gamespot forums who would appreciate having a list of all upcoming A-grade titles in one place, that's all, so what's with your fault-finding? If you download "Libreoffice" < free word document editor 100% compatible with Microsoft Office) then you can cut&paste my list and have it handy on your desktop, so why are you complaining? Just be happy and stop nitpicking!

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Funyarinpa

@codec7 said:
@the_funyarinpa said:

all I did was point out something that was wrong with your precious list.

If my list was so precious i wouldn't have posted it, would I? Are you jealous that I did a good deed?

Doing a Google search for all AAA PS4 titles in one place will not find a list as comprehensive as mine, i have cheery-picked the best and most relevant ones; i have excluded experimental unproven games, irrelevant games, kiddies games and most sports games. There is no webpage on earth with my list on it. I have covered everything that a modern game 'enthusiast' will won't to see on one list, it is very comprehensive, and i've posted it for the benefits of others, so what's your problem??

Can I let you in on a little secret here. Nobody cares about what you like. Having an opinion on one game is something, but making a list of all the games that you like is the most pointless thing. You didnt even cover all the games a modern gamer would even want. Who benefits from the list? Some has to have the exact same taste in games as you to find any use for the list and for that to happen they need the same brain-dead reasoning as you which I think you would be hard-pressed to find. Your so self-righteous in your "good dead", but really nobody cares, go to ign or gamespot and you can get a more comprehensive list based in fact. The list sucks and any attempt to help correct it is met with stupidity. All you have proven here is how little thought went into this list. Also no cryisis 4

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Funyarinpa

@codec7 said:
@the_funyarinpa said:

Someone would need to have the exact same taste in games as you to find any use for the list.

I think possibly you are mentally retarded and brain-dead! There are 58 games on the list, extensive room for many different tastes; also, my list has nearly 'every' major game coming on PS4, so if someone doesn't have the same taste as me (as you say) then they won't be doing any gaming, because my list has every major game covered, coming soon or in the near future on PS4 LOL. You are starting to sound very idiotic!

Are you jealous because you didn't do a good deed???

Youre right, after more thought, nobody will find this list useful because a) Its an awful list with a bunch of errors and b) people who like these game will already know about them and wont need to take polaroid pictures or tattoo the list onto themselves because of their amnesia that strikes them so often. If I ever feel inclined, I can even follow certain games on gamespot or another site to get actual news on the game. Not just a few games that some self-righteous person on the internet deems to be "major". Get off your high horse. Also Mass Effect: Andromeda is not Mass Effect 4 and Battlefield 6?????

Codec7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Codec7

@the_funyarinpa said:

Also Mass Effect: Andromeda is not Mass Effect 4 and Battlefield 6?????

Yeah, ok, maybe Battlefield 7?

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Funyarinpa

@codec7 said:
@the_funyarinpa said:

Also Mass Effect: Andromeda is not Mass Effect 4 and Battlefield 6?????

Youtube video: "Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer - Mass Effect 4"

"Battlefield Hardline" was Battlefield 5. Battlefield 6 will be next, and you know it's coming!

Andromeda is not main series as shepherds story line is over. The official title is Mass Effect Andromeda. Official link, do you see a 4? Cause I dont

Battlefield Hardline wasnt even dice who does the battlefield series. It was a one-off and doesnt count as battlefield 5. Its like saying all the numbers are wrong because of 1943 was a game in the series...

Also Saints row 5?