Exclusive GTA IV content for PS3 'too'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Game-o_O
Member since 2005 • 2275 Posts

EDIT: Although this seems like cool news, someone pointed out that this is an article from 2006 (even though it's on a couple sites) lol. It might be *very old* news. And GTA has been delayed since then, however, it does settle the dispute that all the content isn't exclusive.

-
Microsoft could barely contain its glee at being able to confirm exclusive downloadable content for next year's Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV - but PS3 fans need not fear, as it seems the Sony release is also firmly in line to receive its very own dazzling additions.

According to a source close to Rockstar North, the team is working on exclusive supplemental content for both systems, which will be made available for download via Microsoft and Sony's respective online services after the game's release next year.

In case you missed it, Microsoft revealed at X06 that Xbox 360 owners will get "exclusive access to two downloadable, epic episodes of GTA IV via Xbox Live, each with hours of entirely new gameplay and available only on Xbox 360 just months after the release of the title".

-
Isn't it hilarious that everyones been taking the words 'exclusive' out of context. A lot of people believe that some how MS has 'all' exclusive rights to extra content. That isn't the case though, is it.
-

We're told to expect much the same deal on PS3, except unique to the platform. Interestingly, the downloadable content, our source maintains, will take the form of brand new areas which will link into the main GTAIV game world.
---

There is more to read at:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68768

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
Ha. MS paid $50 million for their content. Ripped Off. I doubt Sony paid much, if any.
Avatar image for spikeydude97323
spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spikeydude97323
Member since 2003 • 1286 Posts
Guess im going to have to get it for both consoles then lol
Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Game-o_O
I doubt Sony paid anything, so what if MS gets two extra areas. Nobody holds exclusive rights to the game & that's all that matters to everyone.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
That article was posted in 2006.
tktosc666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tktosc666
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
i really dont care i just want the game
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
nice i was getting it on ps3 any way i can only play GTA games with ps pad lol :?
Game-o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Game-o_O

That article was posted in 2006. teebeenz

Lol, I just noticed that. Thanks for the heads up. (The information has been around all this time, yet people have been downgrading the PS3 version about the 'exclusive rights' since.)

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

Ha. MS paid $50 million for their content. Ripped Off. I doubt Sony paid much, if any.BZSIN

Not necessarily, the $50 million was a loan that R* will have to pay back once the content is released via Xbox Live. The funds are merely there for R* to use to aide in the develpment of the extra content.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

That article was posted in 2006. teebeenz

lol, i saw that too. i don't doubt that PS3 will get some exclusive DL content, but that article is way to old, alot has happened since then.

swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts
HAHA this is actually old news it was a rumor along time ago and PS3 actually gets staton island and some other areas all 360 gets are new missions.
Serchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Serchant
Member since 2006 • 785 Posts

i really dont care i just want the gametktosc666

Amen.

forgot_my_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 forgot_my_name
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]Ha. MS paid $50 million for their content. Ripped Off. I doubt Sony paid much, if any.Prinze

Not necessarily, the $50 million was a loan that R* will have to pay back once the content is released via Xbox Live. The funds are merely there for R* to use to aide in the develpment of the extra content.

Are you serious?

Avatar image for GamerBoyAdvance
GamerBoyAdvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerBoyAdvance
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
Good news...Once Peter showed that GTA IV sign on his arm i already had my sniper beam in his forehead ready to shoot.
PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts

Well if it does i am getting it for both consoles just to be on the safe side

shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts
This was before the 50 million deal.

I'm really not sure whats going on with this dlc stuff but if ms paid 50 million there must be some good exclusive content, as smart buisness men will be handling things like this.

If sony now have exclusive content equal to that of 360 they would have had to pay for it too.

Theres been rumours that the 50 million was just sort of a down payment/good will payment if take two went up for sale MS would have first choice on some assets, namely rockstar.

Who knows whats really going on behind the scenes, we will have to wait till next year to find out whats happening, but this article is old and before the exclusive deal with MS so it basicly proves nothing, ms could have paid for exclusive content and made a deal saying sony cannot have any, they would not pay 50 million for exclusive dlc for sony to get there own dlc for free.

shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

HAHA this is actually old news it was a rumor along time ago and PS3 actually gets staton island and some other areas all 360 gets are new missions.swade

False statement of the day.

Sometimes i just think peole make things up.

Sony get new areas for free and ms gets a few new missions for 50 million, very doubtful.

Jakster4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jakster4u
Member since 2003 • 1192 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]Ha. MS paid $50 million for their content. Ripped Off. I doubt Sony paid much, if any.Prinze

Why would Rockstar need a loan from Microsoft? Couldn't they get a $50 million loan anywhere? lol
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
[QUOTE="Prinze"]

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]Ha. MS paid $50 million for their content. Ripped Off. I doubt Sony paid much, if any.Jakster4u

Why would Rockstar need a loan from Microsoft? Couldn't they get a $50 million loan anywhere? lol

Yeah. They should have asked Jack Thompson.:lol:
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
EDIT: Although this seems like cool news, someone pointed out that this is an article from 2006 (even though it's on a couple sites) lol. It might be *very old* news. And GTA has been delayed since then, however, it does settle the dispute that all the content isn't exclusive.Game-o_O
It does no such thing, its a rumour from a year ago which hasnt been repeated since. Close this thread.
MalachiLiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MalachiLiu
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts
I hope this is true =D
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
i sure hope so
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts
grr..he said she said..
how does gta4 game disc
in my ps3 sound..pretty damn good!! :P
The_Tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 The_Tron
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

I doubt Sony paid anything, so what if MS gets two extra areas. Nobody holds exclusive rights to the game & that's all that matters to everyone.Game-o_O

Believe it or not their are ppl simple enough to make that sway their opinion, "cough Cough" gamespot. Or other Xbox fanboys. either way this game is gonna be good on both consoles and shouldn't really sway the "console war one way or the other"