European Games hanging on my Cousin's PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Author_1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Author_1990
Member since 2004 • 1358 Posts

Hey guys, I gave my PS3 games to my cousin who has either a US or Japanese PS3 (I suspect Japanese... when I select "Health Warnings" in the options of the games, it's just Japanese text which pop out). My games are from Europe from my exchange student stay there.

I already updated the PS3 to v4.00 (via internet) and it still hangs. Uncharted 2 hangs at the dagger spinning, and in Heavy Rain it's just black. When I connect the PS3 to the internet, it says they found a patch, but when I click OK, it just goes back to the menu screen.

I actually thought of selling the games to my friends, so is it the problem of the PS3 or my games? Oh, all the other games he bought from around works. Just the European games.

PS: His PS3 model is the 40GB one.

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#2 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

i dont see why this is happening the ps3s games arent region locked so they should work fine. are you using an sd or hdtv? could it be a case of that the person who owns the games didnt look after them very well and they are scratched so bad they can no longer be used?

Author_1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3 Author_1990
Member since 2004 • 1358 Posts

Thanks for the reply!

The discs don't seem scratched at all, but it's been a year since I've played the games, though my cousin admits that his PS3 was broken once because it had problems reading games, so it could be his disc drive still not responsive.

I'll just contact a friend and see what if he can run the games. Thanks for the help!

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#4 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

Thanks for the reply!

The discs don't seem scratched at all, but it's been a year since I've played the games, though my cousin admits that his PS3 was broken once because it had problems reading games, so it could be his disc drive still not responsive.

I'll just contact a friend and see what if he can run the games. Thanks for the help!

Author_1990
the old fat ps3s do have a disc drive problem that stops it reading discs ive seen it happen to 2 ps3s but both times they have been unable to play anything games dvds or cds but it could be the same thing