This topic is locked from further discussion.

biggriff94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 biggriff94
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts

ok guys so i was thinking...ebgames is having the buy 2 used games get 1 free sale till sunday so what if i buy 2 used games at 54 dollars each then get a 54 dollar game that will be my free one...wait till sunday and return both games that werent free so i get my 110 bucks back and keep the free game...will this work?

killzone54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 killzone54
Member since 2008 • 122 Posts

No sorry buddy, they require you to return the third one if you want all of your money back...Otherwise they require you to buy the one you got free.

biggriff94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 biggriff94

well then i can still return one of them and get two games for 54 bucks..correct

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

It might work but you won't get that much back becasue as soon as you leave the store those games decrease in value. Also to get money back when you return a game, you might have to buy it.

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Honestly it doesn't sound like a very good deal to me. Oh and I don't think you'll be able to rip them off like that.
biggriff94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 biggriff94

they are used games you have seven days to return them for the your money back..i buy used games and play them for six days and them return them weekly

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

Since you never bought the 3rd game they won't give your money back. I think when they made the sale they thought of this problem. EB games doesn't become a chain brand by getting outsmarted like that.

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts

Why pay $54 for a used game?! You can get one new on ebay for less than that! I just got MLB 09 for $52 and that includes shipping and no tax.

Avatar image for Scott_Malkinson
Scott_Malkinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Scott_Malkinson
Member since 2008 • 2604 Posts

they are used games you have seven days to return them for the your money back..i buy used games and play them for six days and them return them weekly

biggriff94
The people who work at your Gamestop must be awfully stupid if you can actually get away with that.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
[QUOTE="biggriff94"]

Scott_Malkinson
The people who work at your Gamestop must be awfully stupid if you can actually get away with that.

There really not that stupid. Trust me... Gamestop does the B2G1F all the time. They know how to handle it.
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
Ya, don't bother trying, you'll just be wasting your time. Either A) You have to return all 3 games, or they won't take it or B) You return the first two games, but then have to pay for the third free game I'm betting it's going to be A)
[QUOTE="biggriff94"]

Scott_Malkinson

I'm thinking the same thing.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

well if you wanna be dishonest like that make sure the games are still in mint condition! (#$%@*&^)

Avatar image for ThaSilverDragon
ThaSilverDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ThaSilverDragon
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts

Anytime you try to return games that were bought as a part of a buy 2 get 1 free sale, they will take the price of the free game out of what you get back if the free game is not returned.So if you tried to return one game that was $54 and your free game was $54, you would get nothing

Avatar image for Scott_Malkinson
Scott_Malkinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 Scott_Malkinson
Member since 2008 • 2604 Posts
What kind of used games cost $54? You can get new games on Amazon for around the same price.