EB Games rep talk...AGAIN...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

Well my friend wen to EB games to buy his XBL subscription and for the first time ever the cashier was promoting the PS3. The cashier was female and she was saying how he should've gotten a PS3 because it has free Online and stuff and basically everytime he would mention something bout his 360 she would say something about the PS3. He asked her if she had a 360 too and she said yes but she only plays her PS3 because it's better. Now I have a PS3 and I felt sick the way she was promoting it, I felt bad for my friend because he's my friend and he seemed pretty uncomfortable I didn't even want to talk to her bout the PS3 I asked one question about PS Home and she was like yeah it's cool and it's free and I felt bad for my friend.

Like I thought it was bad the way they talked bout 360 but this one made the PS3 sound even worse I thought I would have been thrilled but I wasn't I'm glad she was promoting the PS3 but the way she did it was just sick.

stuartcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 stuartcee
Member since 2002 • 12846 Posts

I used to hate that when I worked there. One month they would tell us to push the Xbox two months later they would tell us to push the PS2. It used to just get people mad at us.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 G-Legend
Like i wouldn't mind if it was a little here and there but blantantly to someones face and stuff isn't cool.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 G-Legend
bump
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts
That's why gamestop sucks. Haven't been there in a long time but when i use to go there every single time a cashier would blatantly ask someone why are you buying that game, buy this or you should go with the xbox over the ps, etc. Thats downright rude and let the person buy whatever the hell they want to get, just do your job and ring it up. I work at Best Buy and i get people asking me about games or certain systems and i wil tell them to be honest you the game isn't that great. I've had people come in jsut to get Lair, the game sucks but if there set on buying it i'll gladly ring it up because that's what they want. If someone asks me what i like better the ps3 or the 360 i don't completely side with one system and i'll tell the person each systems pros and cons.
anti-xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anti-xbox
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts
I like my gamestop. they guy there is cool with all games. thats his job.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

Thank god the Gamestops and EB Games stores around me are not biased towards any system.

ThisCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ThisCurse
Member since 2007 • 1258 Posts

Gamestop/EB totally steals and cheats little kids and single mothers. I see it every time I go in there.

anti-xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 anti-xbox
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Gamestop/EB totally steals and cheats little kids and single mothers. I see it every time I go in there.

ThisCurse

I go to Hastings to pick up a copy of Oblivion tuesday-$59. I was like "thats not right", so I left Hastings and went right to Gamestop. whaddya know? they same game...$29. Why do you see nothing but people bashing Gamestop, when you have stores like Hastings working like this behind the scenes?

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
[QUOTE="ThisCurse"]

anti-xbox

I go to Hastings to pick up a copy of Oblivion tuesday-$59. I was like "thats not right", so I left Hastings and went right to Gamestop. whaddya know? they same game...$29. Why do you see nothing but people bashing Gamestop, when you have stores like Hastings working like this behind the scenes?

Well most stores are like that. Like one time, I went to the mall to get Mercenaries for PS2, went to Gamestop, and bought it new for $19.99. Strolled into FYE and saw that they still sold it for $49.99 so personally I prefer to go to Gamestop or EB Games for older games.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

Thank god the Gamestops and EB Games stores around me are not biased towards any system.

Flame_Blade88

Yeah, the people that work at my local GameStop seem really down to Earth as well. All they do is what they are told to do, and that's try to talk you into reserving something, regardless of what system.

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts
[QUOTE="ThisCurse"]

anti-xbox

There are two versions of Oblivion. The GOTY edition (which is vastly superior in terms of content) is $59.99 everywhere I've ever looked (including gamestop nearby and online) when you buy it new, and the regular version is $29.99. Maybe Hastings had the regular version for 59.99, but I don't even think it cost that much the day it came out.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#13 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
i ignore gamestop reps,, i buy what i want and when i want it ,, one had the balls to tell me to put goldeneye down ,,, seriously come on now they dont know good games if one was in front of them they also said gamecube was getting goldeneye at one point ,, what a lie !!! first of all they told me to put it down to begin with, why would they then one day say itll be on another system ,,
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
its good that they're finally pushing well made product..
Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
The EB I always go to is pretty good. I have never heard any of the reps talk smack about any game, unless they were directly asked their honest opinion on a particular game. But even then they keep a very low tone. I rather go there to get my games than any other store here. I live in Vancouver, Canada. The EB I choose is at metrotown. There are others who have had some bad experiences I'm sure, but mine is all good
anewperfectday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 anewperfectday
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts

It's the other way around where I live..almost every gamestop, there's always a customer with an inquiry about purchasing a PS3. The employees of gamestop always respond with negative comments like "ahhh, you shouldn't waste your money on that...the xbox has better games, etc etc"

I hated when people discourage others about any consoles. That pisses me off.

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts
My local Gamestop(s) don't push anything toward me when I go, i just go in, they say hello, can i help you find anything?... i get what i want and make my purchase, the one thing I do hate about gamestop/EBgames is their rip off trade in system, so now I ebay all my used games. Overall they are where I go to get newer games or systems other than BestBuy.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
Everytime I go to Gamestop, I think about how much I miss Rhyno's. They got bought out by Gamestop a few years ago, but man they had the best customer service, better trade in values, and less fanboyism.
gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

I stoped going to gs/eb after my $500 day1 elile busted, I took it back the same day with recite in hand. They refused to give me a refund, not only that they didn't have any more elites in to exchange for me. I had to wait a week for them to get a new 1 in. Not only that my best buy, walmart, target just had stacks of elites in stock. Never again will I give them anymore of my money. plus you can never get new games on day1 unless you preorder from them. They only get enough stock to fill preorders thats all. plus beyond the (360/ps3 is better crap) that they hound onto us. Don't blame the employee, its GS/Eb if you don't sell preorders or used games then its your job on the line.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

I used to hate that when I worked there. One month they would tell us to push the Xbox two months later they would tell us to push the PS2. It used to just get people mad at us.

stuartcee

My local GameStop is definitly pushing the 360. As I own a 360 I'd often go in look at accessories, used games, find out about upcoming games, etc. When I got my ps3 last November and said something about it, the look on their faces would was weird. You would have thought I'd told them I'd killed their childhood pet. I'm not being rude but when I go to GS if I have a question I'll ask, I don't need their opinion on what game/console to purchase unless I've specifically asked for their input.

JaySin8706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JaySin8706
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
Thank God there is a chain of new and used record stores around me call The Exchange that has a good selection of games. Everyone works there is cool and just ring up whatever you buy and don't bash on any system are try and push you towards a certain one. I'm pretty sure most of the people that work there are stoners so they could really care less what games you're buying for what system. As for gamestop i refuse to do business with them ever again.