EA does it again!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts

Just read the PSN update and for $2.49 you can buy maxed out stats for your Tiger Woods Golf character. How cheap is that? Forget about all the players that spent months trying to build their characters the right way. Now some snot nose with his mummy's credit card who sucks at the game will be able to challenge you for a mere $2.49. Pathetic I say. Way to go again EA, keep making those competetive (smirk) sports games. Glad I switched to Hot Shots Golf.

1/28/08 The last day I bought an EA product.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Haha, that's absolutely insane... oh well I guess the only thing worse than EA doing this would be the people who actually pay for it.
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

I don't play this game but that is really lame. Didn't they do this with one of thier racing games too? You could buy the unlockable cars instead of just playing the game to unlock them.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 siwelcram

I don't play this game but that is really lame. Didn't they do this with one of thier racing games too? You could buy the unlockable cars instead of just playing the game to unlock them.

donnygorgas
I am willing to bet it comes to Burnout Paradise too (the last EA game I will ever buy)
P08C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 P08C
Member since 2008 • 729 Posts

absolutely ridiculous....RIDICULOUS!!! i think that the $2.49 character should have a dunce cap or a sign that say KICK ME!

Solarburn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solarburn24
Member since 2004 • 1643 Posts
Im not surprised by EA anymore
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

absolutely ridiculous....RIDICULOUS!!! i think that the $2.49 character should have a dunce cap or a sign that say KICK ME!

P08C

It would be spectacular if it really did. Somebody goes to download it thinking how cool the pimped out character is going to be only to discover it's adorned with a dunce cap. A frilly pick tutu would work too.

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts
That is lame.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
Yeah, when I was going to download the Condemned demo, I saw it. "WTF EA!?" is all I have to say.
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
So when EA makes GTA 5. youll be able to buy the end of the game with everything unlocked. "Ughhh"
redalert2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 redalert2004
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts
Lame...
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Stupidest thing I've heard all day!
Th3Kev1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Th3Kev1n
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

Forget just a dunce cap it should be a full out ballerina dress

Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

Just read the PSN update and for $2.49 you can buy maxed out stats for your Tiger Woods Golf character. How cheap is that? Forget about all the players that spent months trying to build their characters the right way. Now some snot nose with his mummy's credit card who sucks at the game will be able to challenge you for a mere $2.49. Pathetic I say. Way to go again EA, keep making those competetive (smirk) sports games. Glad I switched to Hot Shots Golf.

siwelcram

People get upset over the smallest and most insignificant of things.

Wave360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wave360
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts

Thats just retarded!

Way to go EA! Go ahead and make people hate you more

dbd333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dbd333
Member since 2004 • 508 Posts

Next EA feature for all their games:

Insanely new and innovative pause function for $5.99 - You press start and the game pauses (Single Player Only)

Save Function $7.99 - Now you can save your game with this new innovative function!

Play Online $12.99 - Innovative function lets you play with other players!

Never buy an EA game.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
They've been doing this for a while on XBL haven't they? It's aimed more towards people who don't have enough time/skill to max out their ride/char, so they still have a way of getting maxed out. It's still lame as hell though.
BC20FLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BC20FLY
Member since 2008 • 1672 Posts
I cant stand EA F*** EA!!!! their games are mediocre at best except for madden which is still S*** on PS3 and madden has been going down hill since they bought the license because they're to scared of the compition so they let their money save their @$$es. Lazy B***es thats just a bunch of s*** load of f***.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
lol - people can download game saves online for free......
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
I'm not surprised. EA giving handouts to lazy gamers for a few dollars. Sad!
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I've never quite understand why companies do this.. seriously.. when they include levels and such so you play through the game and end up with a strong/awesome charecter and then you can just buy one? The whole point is that people play through learning the game as they go. By the time they have an awesome character they have it all down pat and are ready to go online with an awesome character. By doing this you'll end up with new players that have a maxed out character who hasn't got a clue how to play.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
:?
Macri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Macri
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts
who cares... if someone does not have the time to max out their character, they can get this.If this is the way some gamer wants to play their game they paid for, then so be it. it's none of your business... It's not like you can take that character online... can you? If you can, then I', totally against it... but its just for single player, who gives a.....
P-Shug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 P-Shug
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts

Its not that big a deal, i bet most you guys dont even own the game anyway!

Max stats in tiger is not that hard to get it takes time more than it does skill. Its for people who have just got tiger trying to compete online against those who have had it longer, its a major handicap when your opponent can hit the ball way further than you and with better accuracy and not because they are way better than you but because they have had the game longer. The chance to buy stats just enables people to compete on a level playing field from the off rather than playing the game for a week before being able to hit the ball as far as someone else.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

So this is ok to you?

That's like an athlete who worked hard to becoming a better player in a sport and some new guy comes in and wants to juice up to compete and play on the same level.

And plus, those players that take that shortcut are the same ones complaining about how a game is too short, too easy, or think they are as skillful as those who had the game longer.

Everything takes time! If someone doesn't have time to practice or put in hard work then they shouldn't be involved in whatever it is they are playing or competing for.

Max stats in tiger is not that hard to get it takes time more than it does skill. Its for people who have just got tiger trying to compete online against those who have had it longer, its a major handicap when your opponent can hit the ball way further than you and with better accuracy and not because they are way better than you but because they have had the game longer. The chance to buy stats just enables people to compete on a level playing field from the off rather than playing the game for a week before being able to hit the ball as far as someone else.

P-Shug
Maersyndel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Maersyndel
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts
The only EA thing I saw on there was for Tunberry or something and it was free? Was there something else on there?
P-Shug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 P-Shug
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts

So this is ok to you?

That's like an athlete who worked hard to becoming a better player in a sport and some new guy comes in and wants to juice up to compete and play on the same level.

And plus, those players that take that shortcut are the same ones complaining about how a game is too short, too easy, or think they are as skillful as those who had the game longer.

Everything takes time! If someone doesn't have time to practice or put in hard work then they shouldn't be involved in whatever it is they are playing or competing for. [QUOTE="P-Shug"]

mrvic87

Yes im fine with it, if someone wants to go buy the stats thats up to them. They are not gonna have any advantage over me just because they bought the stats. If anything the fact that ive played the game more should give me an advantage. I'd rather beat them with even stats rather than because ive owned the game longer. If a guy owns the game for 5 minutes, buys the stats, then beats me its not because of the equal stats its because hes better at the game than me, i can live with that.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 siwelcram
[QUOTE="mrvic87"]

So this is ok to you?

Everything takes time! If someone doesn't have time to practice or put in hard work then they shouldn't be involved in whatever it is they are playing or competing for. [QUOTE="P-Shug"]

P-Shug

Yes im fine with it, if someone wants to go buy the stats thats up to them. They are not gonna have any advantage over me just because they bought the stats. If anything the fact that ive played the game more should give me an advantage. I'd rather beat them with even stats rather than because ive owned the game longer. If a guy owns the game for 5 minutes, buys the stats, then beats me its not because of the equal stats its because hes better at the game than me, i can live with that.

Clearly you have never played golf. It is a huge advantage.
siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 siwelcram
[QUOTE="siwelcram"]

Liams

People get upset over the smallest and most insignificant of things.

Call it insignifcant to the players who spent months on their characters. I am glad months of your time is worth $2.49.
footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts

siwelcram
wow i really don't think you got to worry about any one challengeing you in tiger woods expesaly not snot noise kids its a golf game dude
siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 siwelcram
[QUOTE="siwelcram"]

footfoe2
wow i really don't think you got to worry about any one challengeing you in tiger woods expesaly not snot noise kids its a golf game dude

What part of I am glad I switched to Hot Shots Golf did you not understand? I accept all challenges from snot noses, laggers and cheaters. I take them all on.
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
I'm pretty sure the kind of people that are buying Tiger Woods for their PS3 don't even know the console can connect to the internet.:P