dualshock 3 messing up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ian0080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ian0080
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts

Am I the only one who is having a problem with their DS3? The controller works fine when playing a game and whatnot, but if I ever accidntally nudge the ps button it goes to the ps menu, and I cant do anything. I can move the cursor with either the d-pad or the analog stick, but it's like when it gets to the ps menu, the X, O, and PS buttons all stop working. The only thing I can do is hit the ps button on my old six axis and get it out of the ps menu.

I seem to remember my old six axis having this problem, but I just would reset, and everything would be fine.

I've got a 60 gig ps3 (got it the day of release) running the newest firmware. any help would be greatly appreciated

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
This is the first time I've heard about a problem like that. :?
Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Shortbob
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
I remember sometime lightly hitting the PS button and it going into the menu but i have never had that problem.
Beba_FH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Beba_FH
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts

Well i got a 80 GB with the latest firmware and i never get no problem with DS3!

KraigA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KraigA
Member since 2006 • 677 Posts
I have a launch 60GB and a dualshock 3 and i have never had any problems fullstop. never mnd the problems you're describing...

ah well...
solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts

Am I the only one who is having a problem with their DS3? The controller works fine when playing a game and whatnot, but if I ever accidntally nudge the ps button it goes to the ps menu, and I cant do anything. I can move the cursor with either the d-pad or the analog stick, but it's like when it gets to the ps menu, the X, O, and PS buttons all stop working. The only thing I can do is hit the ps button on my old six axis and get it out of the ps menu.

I seem to remember my old six axis having this problem, but I just would reset, and everything would be fine.

I've got a 60 gig ps3 (got it the day of release) running the newest firmware. any help would be greatly appreciated

Ian0080

That happened with my sixaxis controller. You need to reset it. Just turn the controller off, flip it over. You should notice a small black hole to the top right corner above the label. Just push the pin in and that should reset your controller.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

As much as I love the Dual Shock 3, I've been having nothing but problems with it for the last few days. The controller won't ever connect to the PS3 (my SixAxis does, every time), when it does connect it's only when I connect it via USB cable, the analog sticks are squeaky as hell, the battery needs constant recharging, and the left analog stick doesn't respond to my movements a lot of the time.

I wasn't having any of these issues the first few days, but every day it seems a new problem pops up.

Time to take it back to the store and get a new one.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

As much as I love the Dual Shock 3, I've been having nothing but problems with it for the last few days. The controller won't ever connect to the PS3 (my SixAxis does, every time), when it does connect it's only when I connect it via USB cable, the analog sticks are squeaky as hell, the battery needs constant recharging, and the left analog stick doesn't respond to my movements a lot of the time.

I wasn't having any of these issues the first few days, but every day it seems a new problem pops up.

nyc05

Wow lol that's a bad first impression.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nyc05
[QUOTE="nyc05"]

Duckman5

:lol:

Yeah, I know. Sucks, too, because the first few days were perfect. No issues at all, and all was going well. Then the problems just popped up, one after another. At least I can exchange it for a new one.

When it's working it's an awesome controller!:D

solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 solaris1979
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="nyc05"]

nyc05

Yeah, I know. Sucks, too, because the first few days were perfect. No issues at all, and all was going well. Then the problems just popped up, one after another. At least I can exchange it for a new one.

maybe this is a dumb question, but did you try to reset it?
solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 solaris1979

nyc05

http://www.us.playstation.com/SCEARegionalOnlineManual/safety_support/troubleshooting.html

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nyc05
[QUOTE="nyc05"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="nyc05"]

solaris1979

Yeah, it temporarily fixed the connection issues, but obviously it didn't fix the battery problems, squeaky analog sticks, and unresponsive left analog stick. No biggie, though. I'll just exchange it for a new one when I go to the store to buy Prologue next week.:D