Dual shock 3 problems, can anyone help me fix?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

linh004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 linh004
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi, im new here

well, the problem is that the x, circle, square and triangle buttons do not with my ps3. im not sure why. when im in the XMB they dont work, and if i hold down the PS button, nothing works. during XMB, the dpad and analogues work. not sure about the shoulder buttons though. i cant press anything, only move the cursor using the Dpad or analogue. i've fixed it before, by just randomly squeezing the pad and hitting it against something softly, but it dont seem to work anymore. while i was playing race driver grid, the pad just cut off again, and now i cant play. can anyone help me with this problem?

i got the DS3 pad in an 80gb bundle with LittleBigPlanet

Raykuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Raykuza
Member since 2005 • 1873 Posts
I'll tell you what my friend always tells me. He used to work at gamestop: buy a new DS3 so you have a reciept, go home, switch the controllers, return broken DS3 and get your money back. Or maybe you could be honest and tell them it's broken and see what they say.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
If it's broken, take it back. They'll swap it for you.
linh004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 linh004
lmao. i could do that if i had some extra money laying around. =)
linh004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 linh004

If it's broken, take it back. They'll swap it for you.luke1889

are you sure? wont i have to take back the ps3 aswell as it came in a bundle? the pad was inside the ps3 box.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

[QUOTE="luke1889"]If it's broken, take it back. They'll swap it for you.linh004

are you sure? wont i have to take back the ps3 aswell as it came in a bundle? the pad was inside the ps3 box.

Take in your controller, take in your receipt, explain your situation. They should swap is right over. That's what I'd do and I work in a game store.

johnhow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnhow
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
this sucks! i have already swapped one dualshock 3 controller cause the directional buttons and L1,L2 and PS buttons dont work!(it was working fine,then it just stopped) and now same thing has happened with the new dualshock 3 controller that i swapped! im going to swap it one more time...if they let me lol! if it happens again im getting a logitech controller! not happy with Sony at the moment, they did a rush job with Dualshock 3 and now making us either buy a new controller or inconvenience us by returning to the store for renewal! by the way i reset the controller and it still didnt work properly