This topic is locked from further discussion.

jcelement1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jcelement1026
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Alright before we get into this I want you all to know im an avid sony fan. Ive got a ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, and a vaio. So dont rip into me calling me a noob whos trying to soil the ps3's good name. So heres my question, I bought a ps3 about 6 months ago, i had it for a week in my entertainment center and randomnly one day it decides to stop reading blu ray discs. I would put them in but nothing would come up. It was no big deal, I called sony, sent it back and got a new one. My friend has had his ps3 for about 6 months and about a week ago the same thing happens to him. He takes real good care of his system and says randomnly one day it just stopped reading discs. Im wondering if this is a common occurence, or me and him are just one huge coincidence.

My PSN ID is Nefros

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts
I haven't had any problems so far . I changed my HDD recently, something I advice everyone to do, as it's very easy and 250, 320 gigs is a lot better then 40 and costs about $100 . I feel sorry for you to have experienced problems . I have good trust in Sony's hardware though . Their products are steady and most of the time reliable . The only problems I've encountered were with my PS1 way back and they were my own fault ... my PS3 has had some small issues like freezing (certainly with GTA4) but since I changed the HDD, no problems anymore . Good luck anyways !!
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
You and your friend may have gotten some drives from a bad batch of drives. I have had my 60 gig for well over a year now and even playing PS2 and DVD's the Blu-Ray still works just fine and I don't take the disc out until I'm ready to change the disc for another disc.
dholmes19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 dholmes19
Member since 2006 • 1805 Posts

I have had the same exact problem before and so have about 5 of my friends. Same exact thing, blu-ray drive stopped reading any kind of discs. PS1, PS2, PS3, DVD, Blu-Ray and Music CD. As long as its in the 1 year warranty time frame, sony will replace it free of charge.