Dragon Age: Origins over MW2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts

I love Demon Souls and Dragon Age looks amazing. I think I'm more interested in it than MW2 at this point. Has anyone played this game yet and is it worth it? Hows the combat compared to Demon Souls? When fighting, do I actually press buttons to fight or do I just command?

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

Well I just started playing, but you have your spells/potions assigned to buttons like in Deamon's souls and x is just swing.... its more free roam based and not as linear as deamon's souls. It delves deeper into more story than Deamon's Souls also. On your way to your first quest you already do a side quest and meet some people casually... I hear it has tons of game play and replay value thats why I picked it up.

Black-October

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Black-October
Member since 2009 • 687 Posts

I refuse to support ActiVision plus I don't care for the Call of Duty franchise. I've not played Demon's Souls and to be honest I don't care for it either, but I've seen stellar user reviews so I'm going to give it the benefit of a doubt and rent via GameFly. Plus I think at the moment people would happily take an RPG over an FPS considering there's such an abundance that almost anything different would be widely accepted.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Get MW2 (although I have not played Dragon Age: Orgins)

Please look THIS video for MW2 (no spoilers)

SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
Yeah that video is sweet. The last two cod games I couldn't play them enough to level out, I get sick of them. I'm not sure how long I would be into this game seeing its the exact same gameplay.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
I'm getting both games, but to tell you the truth I belive Dragon Age: Origins gives you more bang for the buck.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Not getting anything by Crapitivsion anymore. Get Dragon Age, I'm sure you'll love it.

SillySkeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SillySkeleton
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

For me, Dragon Age is taking priority over MW2 at the moment. But yeahh, I'm more of a single player RPG fan, than a multiplayer FPS fan.
I also hate that MW2 (like the first one) is more expensive than other new release games.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I bought Dragon Age Origins yesterday and ive played it for 8 hours so far. I love this game and its totally immersive and im really impressed with what bioware has done with this game. But buy no means will I choose Dragon Age over Modern Warfare 2 so if you can get both do it.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Dragon Age is sick. I loved Demon's souls but yea...If you like RPG's with a DEEP story, fun, replayability and so on...then you will love it. Probably my GOTY

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Dragon Age is sick. I loved Demon's souls but yea...If you like RPG's with a DEEP story, fun, replayability and so on...then you will love it. Probably my GOTY

SRTtoZ
Demons Souls has been the best game I've played this gen, so far.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Well even tho MW2 is not out at the moment I would say Dragon Age since it will give you more bang for your buck. There are some framrate issues and character models arent the best but you can easily look past all of these minor things and find a truely wonderful game.

However I think Demon's Souls is betterz :P

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

I'm not interested in MW2 so I'm going to be getting Dragon age.

Fantasticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fantasticus
Member since 2009 • 666 Posts
Modern Warfare 2. i saw someone streaming it live from their PC & it looks impressive. he was pwning people w/ the riot shield. i'm sure i'm gonna hear a bunch of people complaining about the riot shield, just like they did w/ juggernaut.
SpectralRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SpectralRave
Member since 2002 • 362 Posts

Based on what people are saying. Id go with DA. The closer MW2 is getting to release, the less impressive its getting. If it wasnt for the deal on got on the pre-order, i would have gotten the former.

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

I have DAO and I love it! It's so awesome!

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

Well even tho MW2 is not out at the moment I would say Dragon Age since it will give you more bang for your buck. There are some framrate issues and character models arent the best but you can easily look past all of these minor things and find a truely wonderful game.

However I think Demon's Souls is betterz :P

Melpoe

Yeah it is easy to look past, and even once on the voice acting someone was talking but you couldn't hear them you just saw their mouth move. The models and texturing isn't that great when the camera moves in for dialogue and stuff but when your playing the game the lighting and stuff look great. I love running by the fires and stuff. All the bad is easy to look past because the game is so fun and the story is great. One of my favorite games this year.