Dragon Age: Origins or Demon's Souls, Which one you recommend me getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Azoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Azoth
Member since 2008 • 185 Posts

Planing on getting a game. Was thinking between Dragon Age: Origins or Demon's Souls. Which one would be best :P I love vast items, uber hard, and with alot of imagination :P
Which one, got them both for same price :P
So :)? Ty in advance.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

Both games are good but its hard to compare them as they are very different.

If you want a good story with interesting characters, lots of dialogue go with Dragon Age.

If your looking forsome bad ass combat, fun boss battles, and a challenging, addictive game go with Demon's Souls.

biswajit90210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 biswajit90210
Member since 2006 • 511 Posts

Both!!!you have to experience both of them!!iam currently playing demon's souls and man i cant get it out of my head..iam constantly thinking of strategies of completeting different levels..remember both games will come down on you pretty hard.

HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts
try to buy them both.. :D.. but i recommend DS if you only have to pick one.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
I honestly wouldn't be able to choose between Demons Souls and PC Dragon Age. If you're only considering PS3 Dragon Age, then definitely go Demons Souls
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Before someone gives you the wrong answer.... DEMON's SOULS! They are actually very different games, but in my experience Demon's Souls is a lot more fun to play. The things you should be looking at are your preferences of involving story and characters vs combat. Demon's Souls has amazing combat where the story is minimal at best which works amazingly well for this game. Dragon Age has a bunch of characters and a pretty big story to tell, but the combat is not nearly as enjoyable (unless you're a big fan of turn-based games). So... yeah. Demon's Souls. ;)
The_Azoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Azoth

Hahaha! Ty all for your awesome feedback's :)

Seeing that many prefer one side more than the other :P And some both, haha lol :P

After watching some reviews and game plays, I got that DAO doesn't seem to be live action combat, while DS is live combat. In the way that you press a button and action DS :P not press and watch DAO :)

So I'll guess I'll opt for DS for now :) Since I kinda want of a more live action game atm.

So far... Demon's Souls, it is then :P

Ty again for feedback :)

Delroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Delroc
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts

Dragon Age is your more typical rpg (party, character development etc) and DS is like a hybrid Hack n Slash. i own both and love both but IMO i feel the hype behind demon soul is a bandwagon effect.

FiFa_kirikiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FiFa_kirikiki
Member since 2008 • 978 Posts

Dragon Age is your more typical rpg (party, character development etc) and DS is like a hybrid Hack n Slash. i own both and love both but IMO i feel the hype behind demon soul is a bandwagon effect.

Delroc
true fact; thou if I had to choose one, that would it be Demon's Souls. :D
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i find dragon age really over hyped and i love demons souls
CBottom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CBottom7
Member since 2009 • 822 Posts

I have both and I enjoy Demon's Souls more overall. Dragon Age is a very good game, but like the above posters said .. it's VERY story driven and I have the ULTIMATE EDITION, so I have a LOT of side missions and quests to go through ... it's fun, but I'm at 60 hours and about 75% done

Demon's Souls didn't take that long to finish, but it did keep me interested in the combat ... then you can start a New Game + with the same character and go through it again against tougher difficulty - - - so fun

Dragon Age is a bit like Attack and watch, but if you have spells and some other things ... it's a little more fun to watch than the Demon's Souls spells (FIRESTORM IS AWESOME THOUGH)

I love both ... but if I HAD to choose one and one only ... I would go with Demon's Souls

Zune_HD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zune_HD
Member since 2010 • 1144 Posts

If you have insomnia, get Drage Age Origins.

If you like great games, get Demon's Souls.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

Planing on getting a game. Was thinking between Dragon Age: Origins or Demon's Souls. Which one would be best :P I love vast items, uber hard, and with alot of imagination :P

The_Azoth

Get DAO.
Demons Souls isn't for everyone. You're going to pop it in and foreverquit in less than an hour, or you'll be swept away.
I don't mind a difficult game, but when the game won't let you pause (not even ifyou hit the Home Button), you can count me out. That's going too far.

To be fair: DAO isn't for everyone either. But it's a game you'll be able to just play and enjoy. Great character stories, fun character management, branching paths, tonnes of lore. I love DAO with all my heart.
And the game will let you pause whenever you want to go have a smoke or a snack or go to the bathroom.

Bassmanfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bassmanfunk
Member since 2010 • 124 Posts

Either one would be great. Demons Souls is a lot more punishing as far as the difficulty. If your not up for dying a lot then go with Dragon Age. I would say overall go with Dragon Age.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

definitely both.

but if you HAVE to get only one.. Dragon Age has a good story, a better loot system, tactical gameplay, and more of a fantasy setting . Demon's Souls is much more skill/action-based. not much of a story, but i think it as a very interesting lore. darker atmosphere than DA. it has a great weapon upgrade system and more varied weapon types (though there aren't many different weapons. maybe 2-4 per type), which lets you tailor your character exactly how you want. it's also much more versatile, in that you could be melee one second; hit a button, now you're a mage; hit another button, now you're an archer. you can change weapon types whenever you want, given you have the level requirements. Dragon age is a bit more restrictive in that regard. you're pretty much stuck with the class and weapon type you choose at the beggining. though you command 4 different people, so it's not too big of a deal.

overall, go for DA if you want story, tactics, and loot.

go for DS if you want challenge, action-based combat, pvp, and epic bossfights

I don't like telling people what to buy, but I personally prefer Demon's Souls. I'll leave it at that.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sword-Demon

[QUOTE="The_Azoth"]

Conjuration

Get DAO.
Demons Souls isn't for everyone. You're going to pop it in and foreverquit in less than an hour, or you'll be swept away.
I don't mind a difficult game, but when the game won't let you pause (not even ifyou hit the Home Button), you can count me out. That's going too far.

To be fair: DAO isn't for everyone either. But it's a game you'll be able to just play and enjoy. Great character stories, fun character management, branching paths, tonnes of lore. I love DAO with all my heart.
And the game will let you pause whenever you want to go have a smoke or a snack or go to the bathroom.

thief's ring > pause.

the enemies are pretty darn predictable. they're not roaming around looking for you, so if you clear out a room, you can bet it'll stay empty.

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

I'd recommend Dragon Age: Origins.

The_Azoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Azoth

If you have insomnia, get Drage Age Origins.

If you like great games, get Demon's Souls.

Zune_HD
I'm both xD Not getting both tho. Just one so far :P
The_Azoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Azoth

[QUOTE="The_Azoth"]

Conjuration

Get DAO.

I wouldn't mind a super hard game. On the contrary, I would enjoy playing with a challenge than rather a walk in the park :P Ye I know DS, from the reviews and such it's very hard, that's why it gets an extra point on the pick :D I love when games aren't easy aka uber hard :D

The_Azoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Azoth

So far still opting for DS. Ty for awesome feedbacks, dear fellow gamers x)

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

thief's ring > pause.

the enemies are pretty darn predictable. they're not roaming around looking for you, so if you clear out a room, you can bet it'll stay empty.

Sword-Demon

So the thief's ring lets you pause? Can it be obtained fairly early-on in the game?

I haven't given up on DS just yet, but I have shoved it to the bottom of the pile. Just got to finish FONV and Castlevania LOS, then maybe I'll play it until DA2 comes out.

I tried to PM you but I couldn't for some reason...?

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#22 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

if you get demon souls prepare for a punishing hardcore experience (imo). it was just too frusterating for me...maybe its because i didnt farm enough, but i find it overly difficult. im assuming i just suck at it lol.

hbk7137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#23 hbk7137
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts
Demon's Souls is one of my favorite PS3 games of all time. To me it's right up there with Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 in terms of greatness. It is hard, but incredibly addictive. You can't go wrong with Dragon Age either, you'll definitely get your moneys worth there, but i'd personally have to go with Demon's Souls
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I love vast items, uber hard, and with alot of imagination :P

The_Azoth

You definitely wanna get Demon's Souls first then.

NoirLamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 NoirLamia
Member since 2010 • 801 Posts

They are both amazing games, but I liked Demons Souls more. Especially if you want more of a challenge. I say get Demons Souls and get Dragon Age when you're done with that :)

liambiggins94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 liambiggins94
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
dragon age , its heavy long and replayable
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts

Demon Souls, hands down. I played through DS constantly for a few months. I picked up Dragon Age, because I found it off ebay for cheap and hated it. I didn't even finish Dragon Age. DA is boring, you talk to way too many people and the combat is extremely bland. When playing Demon souls, I guarantee you will be thinking of strategy to use while at work, school, etc. It's such a great game that I might start a new character. Beware of the red eyed knight :)

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Azoth"]

Conjuration

Get DAO.

I agree. I'd like DS alot more if I could save during a dungeon. I guess I learned my lesson and that's to not buy a game that doesn't let you pause/save until you finish a chunk of the story first. I got it for $10 or $15 anyway so I didn't lose much.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

If you want a story thats kind of like a R Rated Lord of the Rings movie, and KOTOR like combat and Ugly graphics (on consoles) get Dragon Age

If you want almost no story what so ever and a good challenge with a good combat mechanic and nice graphics get Demon's Souls.

KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

go by price i just got demon souls for 14.99$ that makes it easy

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

The_Azoth

Both, I don't care if you don't have money, buy both. ;)

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sword-Demon

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

thief's ring > pause.

Conjuration

So the thief's ring lets you pause? Can it be obtained fairly early-on in the game?

I haven't given up on DS just yet, but I have shoved it to the bottom of the pile. Just got to finish FONV and Castlevania LOS, then maybe I'll play it until DA2 comes out.

I tried to PM you but I couldn't for some reason...?

no, it doesn't let you pause. it shortens the range that enemies can see you. so if you need to go do something, just clear out the enemies in the immediate vicinity or run away til they stop following you, then you're fine to go do whatever. the enemies don't respawn and they don't move until they see you. nothing is going to happen to you, so you might as well be paused. you can get it VERY early in the game (1-1)
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sword-Demon
dragon age , its heavy long and replayableliambiggins94
demon's souls can arguably be longer and have more replayability
big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 big_boss1988
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

both actually r good. but in my opinion, demons souls.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#35 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I'd hazzard a guess that Demon's Souls is a better PS3 game, but having played both games, I'd say they're bothjust as good as each other. On PS3 I'd probably go for Demon's Souls though.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#36 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts
Demon's Souls is one of the absolute best games from this generation. It's nothing short of amazing. DA: Origins... eh, it's not at all bad, but it aint no Demon's Souls. You can't really go wrong either way but Demon's Souls is simply a must buy for anyone who owns a PS3.