Dragon Age Origins class question/poll

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

Hey guys, so I am going to be starting a new DA playthrough, since I just got the expansion, and I am trying to figure out what class to play. Right now, the choice is between 3 types of characters, including Arcane Warrior. My question is, is Arcane Warrior a viable DPS class, or is it mostly a tanking spec for caster characters?

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Never used the Arcane Warrior. But I was most comfortable with the Warrior cIass the first time through, but honestly the Rogue was my favorite to play.
burnroasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 burnroasted
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

I played through as a rogue and it was fun to play as. Is the game actually fun to play through a second time?

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

Warrior with 2 hander is a beast, tho mage is imba.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
My first playthough I was a rogue, but I'm having much much more fun with the Mage, I've made him into an Arcane Warrior its fun watching my Mage wear the best armour in the game and chop Darkspawn up with a 2h sword.
Avatar image for greensthooligan
greensthooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 greensthooligan
Member since 2008 • 426 Posts

warrior i find is better. morrigan and wynne are both great mages and i thought liliana was a great long range rogue.

my party was. my warrior=dps

alister=tank

wynne=healer

liliana=archer

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I had the most success as a Warrior, but I do enjoy playing as a Rogue. I just like being able to open chests and doors at any time. It leads to good items and free exp. I also like repeatedly stabbing someone in the back as a rogue.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Essian
all good answers... honestly this is all good stuff, since it leads me to want to play through the game multiple times to play as both as Arcane Warrior mage and a rogue stabbing people in the back
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Tank Warrior my personal favorite, especially as a dwarf race. Add Oghren as berserk to that companion list and the adventure becomes nothing short of hilarious with a lot of humor. :)

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Essian

Tank Warrior my personal favorite, especially as a dwarf race. Add Oghren as berserk to that companion list and the adventure becomes nothing short of hilarious with a lot of humor. :)

Sokol4ever
yeah, tank was my favorite, and I am contemplating doing another tank run... but I kinda wanna branch out and try some new things. I have decided that Arcane Warrior (as melee) is not really a prime DPS spec... either that, or I will just find it absurdly boring. So right now it is between a 2H DPS warrior and a duelist/ranger rogue. Not sure which one I want yet...
Delroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Delroc
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts
mage is the most versatile and different. warrior was fun as well being my first run through. rouge seemed boring at times and was my least favorite out of the 3, i would find myself playing as the other party members all the time. ironically my rouge is going to be my main/first Import into DA2. its insane that i have beat this game 3 times and still am planing one last run through AFTER i beat DA2 1 time.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Essian
I actually am gonna end up making an assassin spec rogue as my next character... so I hope I find it more interesting.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

my second playthrough was with a female warrior dwarf as a tank and Sten And oghren and wynne as a healer. Yes 3 melee and a healer.. i played it on nightmare and occasionaly on hard especially in the beggining.. seriously now whoever says that 2 h sucks should have seen this.... we pawened everything.. indomitable FTW..... wynne was only healing i did not use any crowd control spells...

Oghren and Sten and me just wiped all the darkspawn battlefields ..

but my best character was with my dual dagger wielding rogue... i loved him!!!!! plus i "scored" morrigan!!!

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I liked Mage the most. If you're an arcane warrior it's a lot of fun. Tons of AoE spells to take out a lot of enemies really quickly. The walking bomb spells are great fun and mana clash is awesome against enemy mages :D

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
My first playthrough was with a Mage and it was a blast, I had a team of three Mages and a tank and I dominated with it. My second playthrough was with a Rouge and that was great, dual wielding, with high dex so he rarely got hit and could use a bow to pick off enemies from range at times. His specialization was ranger and duelist, so he was really hard to hit lol and had an extra ally, my Rouge was great. Haven't tried a Warrior yet, and I intend to go back and use an Arcane Warrior Mage.