Dragon Age or Borderlands

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazyness221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 crazyness221
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Im trying to decide on which to buy Dragon Age or Borderlands... Played Oblivion and Fallout 3 alot so trying to find a rpg kinda game like those with the big maps and bunch of diffrent weapon sets and stuff like that to collect. I hear they are both awesome but im a broke college kid so can only afford one of them..sold my mgs4 for the money :(

Mr_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Mr_Alexander
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
Dragon Age is much more of an RPG, Borderlands is kind of an FPS with some RPG elements.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Dragon Age controls are very clumsy, you have to change from real time battle to navigating in menus (and sub menus and sub sub menus) to give commands to characters, and they get lots and lots of skills and can only assign 6 to buttons ; use of poison and enchantments on weapons seems very limited but you have no way to know for sure ... lots of playability problems

Borderlands is fun, easy to grasp and play, you can do a second playthrough to get uber weapons, and play online (better do it with friends if you want some loot)

krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

Dragon Age is a lot like a crappy version of Fallout 3. Clunky controls, crappy visuals, and boring story.

Go for Borderlands!

...or Fallout 3.

SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
I wanted to know the same thing between the two games. Looks like I'll pick up Borderlands. Funny how my thread with this topic gets locked. Mods are inconsistent; get some standards.
crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
i would say deffinately borderlands, got it last year and i still havnt stopped playing it =)
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Borderlands

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

Neither!! I own both and I don't like either one of them very much. I'm trading them in today. Dragon Agoe sucks because of the slow combat movements and Borderland sucks because of the crappy art style of the game.

chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts

Dragon Age is a very good RPG. It is slow pace, but if you play Oblivion and Fallout 3 a lot you won't have a problem with DA. The control may be annoying but once you get use to it, it's not all that bad. If you can get a PC version that's the best, because the control scheme is much better on a keyboard with better graphic. The fun part about DA is the amount of spells and abilities in the games. There're many ways to build your characters.

Borderland is an FPS with some RPG element thrown in there like loot hunting and a simple skill tree system. The pace a faster than Dragon Age and not as much talking.The story is boring and I didn't pay much attention to it later in the game, but it's still entertaining. It's also fun to play online with friends.

Honestly I choose Dragon Age because the game is much deeper in term of RPG elements. It's also a longer game.

cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

Dragon Age is a very good RPG. It is slow pace, but if you play Oblivion and Fallout 3 a lot you won't have a problem with DA. The control may be annoying but once you get use to it, it's not all that bad. If you can get a PC version that's the best, because the control scheme is much better on a keyboard with better graphic. The fun part about DA is the amount of spells and abilities in the games. There're many ways to build your characters.

Borderland is an FPS with some RPG element thrown in there like loot hunting and a simple skill tree system. The pace a faster than Dragon Age and not as much talking.The story is boring and I didn't pay much attention to it later in the game, but it's still entertaining. It's also fun to play online with friends.

Honestly I choose Dragon Age because the game is much deeper in term of RPG elements. It's also a longer game.

chatri10

This ^. Get Dragon Age for PC, but if unable to then I imagine if you like RPGs you should be able to get past the clunky controls of the console version. It is a great game with lots of things to do.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#11 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Dragon Age is soooooooooooo much better imo (own both.. Dragon Age on pc and Borderlands on ps3)

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I had never played a traditional RPG before Dragon Age and I completely fell in love with it. Amazing game with a fantastic story and world. The gameplay on a controller is a little clunky compared to a mouse I'm sure, but its still my game of the year even on PS3. Chances are you'll like Borderlands more though, as itsa shooter and therefore will appeal to more people, including yourself most likely, though if you like true RPGs, you can't go wrong with Dragon Age.

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Based on what you've said, you'll probably like Borderlands more. However, I enjoy Dragon Age alot more than Borderlands.
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

Dragon Age is a lot like a crappy version of Fallout 3. Clunky controls, crappy visuals, and boring story.

Go for Borderlands!

...or Fallout 3.

krsvbg

DAO and FO3 have next to nothing in common. I'm just going to assume you haven't played DAO very much, or at all maybe.
Because based on what you said, it doesn't add up.

I can't say anything about Borderlands, but DAO is a great game. I've chosen it as the first game I will get a platinum on.

LunaDravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LunaDravo
Member since 2005 • 343 Posts

Go for Borderlands!

...or Fallout 3.

krsvbg

They're NOTHING alike.... pretty stupid post.

Anyways, Dragon Age is A LOT better then Boarderland.. however, they're not really comparable...

I would take Oblivion and Fallout 3 also over Boarderland...

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I enjoyed them both, but are you more in the mood for a FPS or an RPG?
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

Go for Borderlands!

...or Fallout 3.

krsvbg

What he said!

Hamitay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 Hamitay
Member since 2008 • 733 Posts

I have Dragon Age for ps3. I can stand the controls, since I like slow-paced combat, so I think that you should buy that one.

I have Borderlands for PC, its a FPS with leveling and loot, then Gearbox says its a RPG because of that :roll:

Avatar image for lions_rock_2008
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lions_rock_2008
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts

definatly not dragon age, get demon souls, or borderlands (it has a crappy story and ending but the game if comedic and fun)

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

definatly not dragon age, get demon souls, or borderlands (it has a crappy story and ending but the game if comedic and fun)

lions_rock_2008

MAJOR SPOILER for Borderlands :

the planet is called Pandora, what happened with Pandora's box? someone opened it and it freed al evil thoughts, only remaining "expectations" (and not hope, translation problem, see Wikipedia), so of course there's no treasure and what you feel looking for the vault is expecting what you'll find

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

I have Borderlands and my cousin has Dragon Age.

I played Dragon Age in his PS3 and he played Borderlands in mine... after a couple of days... he bought Borderlands too :)

Its such a fun game to play with other people... (and the single player is good too)

-----

But yeah, both are very different games... one is a RPG and the other is a FPS with some rpg elements (leveling system and stuff, nothing too deep)

metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

I'd go with Dragon Age. I don't like the cheesy cartoon graphics of borderlands. I love RPG's and love to be emersed into that world whilst im playing and i find it hard to do with a cartoon.

I see what people are saying with the clunky controls of DA but it in no way makes the game any less fun. The story is great, the fact that each race has its own little story inside the main story just adds loads more to do and imo a lot more fun.

I wouldn't compare DA to Elder Scrolls though because Elder scrolls is just the boss when it comes to RPG's but Dragon age is fun in its own right.

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

there both excellent games but if i had 2 choose 1 dragons age is my choice.