Dragon Age 2 Multi player ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by moej88 (786 posts) -

I was wondering if Dragon Age 2 will have multiplayer ?

I never played a Dragn Age game before so Im not exactly sure.

If it will have multiplayer.. would be free roam with friends like an MMo except with a limited number of friends ?

thx

#2 Posted by parvie (2168 posts) -

No-- though co-op would be a pretty cool idea.

#3 Posted by risako9 (840 posts) -

It'll never happen for Dragon Age 2; Since it wasn't announced. But i hope they include it in future EA titles like what they did on Dead Space 2

#4 Posted by HiramJ866 (193 posts) -
NO ! no multiplayer for Dragon Age II period. For gods sakes kids today always want online multiplayer for every new game that comes out. Every time i read GIO or here at gamespot one of the frist comments is, "does it have multiplayer" or something along that line. Come on kids, don't you wanna play games by your self the way they were ment to be played? Thats what ruined the assassin creed series. That why i was so glad that rockstady said no online multiplayer for Arkham City.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
#5 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13400 posts) -
NO ! no multiplayer for Dragon Age II period. For gods sakes kids today always want online multiplayer for every new game that comes out. Every time i read GIO or here at gamespot one of the frist comments is, "does it have multiplayer" or something along that line. Come on kids, don't you wanna play games by your self the way they were ment to be played? Thats what ruined the assassin creed series. That why i was so glad that rockstady said no online multiplayer for Arkham City.HiramJ866
I agree to a certain extent, but it works well enough in some cases. Assassin's Creed was hardly ruined. Brotherhood was a multiplayer focused game and it still came with an awesome single player campaign, not to mention it was one of the most unique multiplayer experiences ever. RPGs like Dragon Age can be a lot of fun with co-op. I really wish they would implement co-op more both online and local. Sometimes its just more fun to play with friends. Competitive multiplayer is just ridiculous for some games, though. Of course, everyone was raging about Uncharted2 coming out with multiplayer and that turned out great.
#6 Posted by HiramJ866 (193 posts) -
@MrSelf-Destruct sorry the reply would not work. Anyways, sure AC Brotherhood online multiplayer was unique but i could not get in to it i'll stick with the stroy mode. Uncharted 2 online multiplayer was, and still is AAAAWSOME (sorry i had a miz mark moment). In my opinion the only games that need online multiplayer are shooters especially FPS, Sport ala Madden, Racing (GT5 & NFS). Any other games should just avoid it all together. Ps, Do you a have a Ps3? if so whats your id maybe i can add you.
#7 Posted by moej88 (786 posts) -

[QUOTE="HiramJ866"]NO ! no multiplayer for Dragon Age II period. For gods sakes kids today always want online multiplayer for every new game that comes out. Every time i read GIO or here at gamespot one of the frist comments is, "does it have multiplayer" or something along that line. Come on kids, don't you wanna play games by your self the way they were ment to be played? Thats what ruined the assassin creed series. That why i was so glad that rockstady said no online multiplayer for Arkham City.MrSelf-Destruct
I agree to a certain extent, but it works well enough in some cases. Assassin's Creed was hardly ruined. Brotherhood was a multiplayer focused game and it still came with an awesome single player campaign, not to mention it was one of the most unique multiplayer experiences ever. RPGs like Dragon Age can be a lot of fun with co-op. I really wish they would implement co-op more both online and local. Sometimes its just more fun to play with friends. Competitive multiplayer is just ridiculous for some games, though. Of course, everyone was raging about Uncharted2 coming out with multiplayer and that turned out great.

Yes, I wasnt talking about competitve in terms of Dragon Age. Co-op would have been great, if 3-4 friends could join to explore the massive world of the game. Uncharted 2, & Assasins Creed Brother Hood both succeeded in the addtion of multiplayer. But having an MMO feeling without it being an actual MMO could have been great for Dragon Age, especially with co-op.