Does the PSP battery die when not in use?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hesslv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hesslv
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

I went to turn my PSP on this afternoon after not playing for 2-3 days and it was dead.

Charging now and everything seems fine, just wondering if thbattery dies even when not in use?

I have a PSP-3000 or whatever the latest one is now called.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
If it's on that standby mode then yeah, it drains slowly but eventually. When it's off all the way, technically it does still use power to keep certain things running.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#3 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
If it's on that standby mode then yeah, it drains slowly but eventually. When it's off all the way, technically it does still use power to keep certain things running.paradigm68
Technically, it shouldn't. The only thing it keeps running is the clock really, and that takes so little power it's not even worth mentioning. But I suppose for a very long period of time, it could drain a battery.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
[QUOTE="paradigm68"]If it's on that standby mode then yeah, it drains slowly but eventually. When it's off all the way, technically it does still use power to keep certain things running.Granpire
Technically, it shouldn't. The only thing it keeps running is the clock really, and that takes so little power it's not even worth mentioning. But I suppose for a very long period of time, it could drain a battery.

...well that's what I said.
blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

I remember it would drain on my old PSP 1000.

I used play on the bus on my way to school.

I would put it in sleep mode and by the end of the day, on the bus ride home, the battery would only let me play for about 10 minutes.

I put it in sleep mode while I was in the game, by the way. (If that makes a difference)

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Yes it does. I have had a 1000, 2000, and 3000 and they all suffered from this. And no, my PSP was not in sleep mode. It kind of pisses me off because I have at least 8 other gadgets that also run on a rechargeable Li-ion battery and none of them drain to this degree in such a short span of time.
RAGEofSTUNTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 RAGEofSTUNTS
Member since 2010 • 733 Posts
A while back i lost it for a few months after charging it.When i finally found it, it was completely dead.It uses a very small amount of energy when "completely" off but I guess after it was lost in the couch for a few months it just gave out.
Hesslv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hesslv
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

Ok, thanks for all the help.

Good to know at least that it does die after some time, I was worried something was wrong with my PSP seeing as how I just got it.

Now I guess I'll keep the charger next to my bed at all times, haha.

deejaypsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deejaypsp
Member since 2010 • 274 Posts
A while back i lost it for a few months after charging it.When i finally found it, it was completely dead.It uses a very small amount of energy when "completely" off but I guess after it was lost in the couch for a few months it just gave out.RAGEofSTUNTS
You "lost" your PSP in a couch for a few months? Impressive!