Does Heavenly Sword have good replay value?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BeNOwNz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BeNOwNz
Member since 2006 • 2942 Posts
?
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
No not really, it's alot of fun, its almost like god of war you play it once and then you'll get the urge to play it again sometime
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

In a general sense, no, not really.

For me, yes. I am in love with this game and I will easily play this game through several times.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts
?BeNOwNz

Nice avatar /sarcasm. And replay value depends on who you are and your opinion on the game. For me the game doesn't have much immediate replay value, but it's something I will definitely want to play again.
Swavo69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Swavo69420
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

No, but it's an amazing game to show people that haven't played it yet...

Whenever anyone stops by I have them play a couple chapters or at least the battle before King Bohen...

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
i'm playing through this game a second time on Hell Mode. Great game.
flickds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 flickds
Member since 2002 • 171 Posts
It's so short that it hardly has decent first-play value. At best, it's a good rental, because you can pretty much beat the game in one 4.5 hour play-through. However, the story is pretty interesting and very well-acted.
lovea218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lovea218
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts

If you play it through I don't know how much replay value there is, but I know while I play a level if I didn't unlock enough art work or get enough glphys I replay it instantly. Since you know it is short keep that in mind. Replay levels right away, the game saves every checkpoint, and take your time. You will fall in love with the game guaranteed.

jzen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9 jzen_
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts
No not really, it's alot of fun, its almost like god of war you play it once and then you'll get the urge to play it again sometimeAnimal-Mother
i generally agree. i've already beat it on the normal setting, and currently attempting hard. also, i've had the same "urge" to return to games i've purchases in the past
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
thats the problem thats why i keep every game i buy now because you return the game you get the urge and then your like, damnit
maingon2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 maingon2004
Member since 2005 • 551 Posts
I would say you would probably play through it twice, its alot of fun, but it is short. Makes abetter rental though
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
It also depends on how you feel about bonust content, once you finish the game you can go back and try to unlock anything you have missed.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts
No. Its a shame too b/c games are $60 nowadays. I feel like they just keep putting less and less and focus on graphics.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

you should really play and finish it. It's great and underrated.

But after two times... well i don't think you'll play it more than that... (i won't)

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
well compared to multiplayer games no. but as a single player game the glyph reward system will make you want to unlock a few and replay some of the levels again. there is also hell mode which is much harder. its a short game so with all these replay factors it probably wont be more than 16-17 hours of gameplay until you do everything. But to contrast, god of war 2 was an hour or two longer story mode but i really had no motivation to touch the game again after beating it... at the very least you should play this game, rent or buy, its one of the next gen's best.
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
It's a great game, I've already gone back and replayed through several checkpoints I had previously passed because they are mad fun. I love how the game is set up with chapters with several individual "scenes" where you can go back and replay almost any section of the game you want it's like a dvd or bd.
sIgmaTIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sIgmaTIK
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
actually in my opinion heavenly sword is a great game BUT it is way too short...in fact to me there is also very little replay value in my opinion sorry to disappoint
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
When a guy with a Halo mask avi asked a question like this "on a game thats been out now and everyone knows about." Dont you guys get the point? Theirs no need to respond.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

When a guy with a Halo mask avi asked a question like this "on a game thats been out now and everyone knows about." Dont you guys get the point? Theirs no need to respond. truenextgen

So just because he has a Halo avi means he must be trolling?

Doing some research on his profile and his previous posts will tell you that he does have a PS3. He had a topic a while back about adding some new friends for Warhawk, and the people responding sent him friend requests so he obviously has a PS3.

Don't be so quick to judge someone because they have a Halo pic. It's perfectly fine for him to be a Halo fan and still have a PS3.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts
Heavenly Sword is a good rental for me. Blockbuster let's me have this game for 2 weeks and save like $50. It looks like a fun game, but i'm not going to spend $60 on a game that I KNOW is going to be sitting on the shelf collecting dust a month after I buy it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dc1155346926
deactivated-5dc1155346926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 deactivated-5dc1155346926
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
Ok there's no doubt that HS was a great game....but replay value? Not much here. What's worse is that the game was short too. I will be using it as a trade up for Call of Duty 4 at gamestop.