Does gamestop allow you to trade an xbox 360 for a ps3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SlyMischief (25 posts) -
Reason why i want to trade my xbox in is becuase of god of war 3 lol and kill zone 2 plus the graphics which i heard are amazing
#2 Posted by Scianix-Black (19296 posts) -

Yeah, you just need to pay the difference, because PS3s cost more than Xboxes.

Be careful though, the employees might think dirty thoughts about you, and even say them aloud to your face!

:o

#3 Posted by Lyphe2k (3385 posts) -
Can't you open a worm hole doing that?
#4 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -

You will catch ample amounts of fanboy crap most likely. :lol: But yeah. You should get $130 for it, then pay the difference and your good to go.

#5 Posted by Atmanix (6927 posts) -

Can't you open a worm hole doing that?Lyphe2k

Only if you divide by zero.

#6 Posted by SlyMischief (25 posts) -
You will catch ample amounts of fanboy crap most likely????? lol wth ;]
#7 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
You will catch ample amounts of fanboy crap most likely????? lol wth ;]SlyMischief
They don't take kindly to trading in xbox's for PS3's. :lol: There was a thread about it just not to long ago.
#8 Posted by RTUUMM (4859 posts) -
What?!?!? You cant just go there and switch systems like that. You have to trade it in (along with the games and accessories) and see how much they"ll give you for it and if its enough $$$ then you can buy a ps3.
#9 Posted by SlyMischief (25 posts) -
Well im thinking ebay because with the games and the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter they are going to try and get me cheap there escp. with the games.
#10 Posted by Nephilim83 (4378 posts) -
Wouldn't that be like trying to trade dog **** for a T-bone steak? :lol: Na, you can trade it in but you'd still have to pay a huge difference.
#11 Posted by SlyMischief (25 posts) -
How much you think they will give you for Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter ? sinces its 100$
#12 Posted by sa10kun (4290 posts) -

I'd say use craigslist and deal locally. That way someone will come to pick it up and you wont have to worry about shipping cost or the ebay seller fee.

#13 Posted by Nephilim83 (4378 posts) -

I'd say use craigslist and deal locally. That way someone will come to pick it up and you wont have to worry about shipping cost or the ebay seller fee.

sa10kun
This is actually some pretty sound advice. Just be sure to take it to them and not the other way around. If they know where you live they can bring a broke one back to you and demand their money back. Some dude tried to pull that on my buddy when he sold his PSP. He actually had to physically harm the person to get him to leave............... scary.
Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
#14 Posted by ConkerAndBerri2 (2007 posts) -

this is blasphemy!! lol just kiddin, yeah you can do that but youll have to pay at least 150$ in difference, i say you keep it and save up for a ps3. then you can enjoy both platforms.

#15 Posted by haze_blaze (3907 posts) -
Yes. You can trade for credit... might get more if you sell it on ebay tho.
#16 Posted by 360hammer (2596 posts) -

You will catch ample amounts of fanboy crap most likely. :lol: But yeah. You should get $130 for it, then pay the difference and your good to go.

raven_squad

Youd be better off selling it on your own. I had an elite and was going to dump it off at gamespot when I got it back from repair and was offered $90. I was told the model didn't matter because they buy the harddrive seperate from the console keep in mind the elite was $400 at the time). I wouldn't be surprised if that has dropped since then. I'd say you'd be lucky to get $100 for it.

#17 Posted by Goldglove (508 posts) -
Do it quick before it red rings ;P and go to target, they are doing that awesome buy 2 get 3rd free. Build that collection.
#18 Posted by ChinoStylz (59 posts) -
I stopped dealing with Gamestop a while ago due to their idioicy. Occasionally I deal with EB, even though their pretty much the same but least EB has less annoying employees.
#19 Posted by Jackc8 (8515 posts) -

Personally I'd just keep the Xbox - for what Gamestop will give you for it, you're practically giving it away. They want to give yousome tiny percentageof what you paid for it and then turn around and sell it for slightly less than what a new one costs. Total ripoff.

#20 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

Don't get rid of your 360, at least not at Gamestop. Just save up the money and have the best of both worlds. If you're really intent on selling the 360 though, put it up on Ebay or craigslist. You'll get a much better price for it.

#21 Posted by jimm895 (7703 posts) -

Check the price of a new system and subtract about 10% to get an idea of what a used system should be worth this works on all systems except forthe 60 gig PS3 that sells for almost full retail for a used system the last time I checked. This is more than a new PS3 is selling for currently. When dealing with a company that is going to retail a used system then there only going to pay wholesale price which is a lot less than retail.

#22 Posted by ProphecyGX (25 posts) -
idk but i wanted to trade in my ps3 for an xbox :)
#23 Posted by The-Apostle (12195 posts) -

I traded in a Wii for a 360 once (already had a PS3) because the Wii sucked ass.

EDIT: Didn't realize the poster above me necro'd this thread.

#24 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

What?!?!? You cant just go there and switch systems like that. You have to trade it in (along with the games and accessories) and see how much they"ll give you for it and if its enough $$$ then you can buy a ps3. RTUUMM

HAHAHAHAHAHA This was my old original banned account! HOLY SH!T MAN, this is great...

WAIT A minute! wat the hell? when did they unbanned my account? I thought the just let me come back as this one. I dont even remember my log in info, but thats crazy how that account is now unnbanned and I didnt even know that till now.

What should I do with it?

#25 Posted by The-Apostle (12195 posts) -

[QUOTE="RTUUMM"]What?!?!? You cant just go there and switch systems like that. You have to trade it in (along with the games and accessories) and see how much they"ll give you for it and if its enough $$$ then you can buy a ps3. Nengo_Flow

HAHAHAHAHAHA This was my old original banned account! HOLY SH!T MAN, this is great...

WAIT A minute! wat the hell? when did they unbanned my account? I thought the just let me come back as this one. I dont even remember my log in info, but thats crazy how that account is now unnbanned and I didnt even know that till now.

What should I do with it?

Most likely it was banned under the old rules but since the rule that got you banned is no longer against TOS they let you back in. :)
#26 Posted by hydralisk86 (8814 posts) -
I've heard a few horror stories about Craigslist. You use it at your own risk, right?
#27 Posted by hydralisk86 (8814 posts) -
I've heard a few horror stories about Craigslist. You use it at your own risk, right?
#28 Posted by hydralisk86 (8814 posts) -
#29 Posted by yagr_zero (27850 posts) -
Let's try to keep this sort of thread in System Wars.