Does Dark Souls have as hard difficulty as Demon's??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

All in the title. Thinking about trying this series out - never bought Demon's Souls because I thought it was too hard for me because of what people and critics say.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I'm not that far, but so far it seems harder, and the general consensus seems to be that it's harder (not by a great margin though).

Robothound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Robothound
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

Dark Souls is, by far, harder than demon souls

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

dark souls feels harder. there are a lot of tweaks, but the biggest summation i can give is:

in demon's souls, i could beat pretty much anything once i knew what to do. in dark souls, ill often know what to do but still have to be very careful in my execution.

i havent beaten dark souls yet to know exactly how hard it gets, but demon's souls is certainly manageable. as long as you recognize that the strategy that keeps ending in your death is probably the wrong one, i think most experienced gamers would beat it. even if you dont beat it, it will be a great play. id say try demon's souls first since its cheap now and easier and then play dark souls if you like it.

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts

It's far, far harder.

But only because of those damn ghosts. I hate being cursed.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
For me personally, what makes Dark Souls harder is that the normal mobs are harder than in Demon's Souls. I didn't die many times in Demon's Souls, especially getting to a boss. But in Dark Souls I have. And that's counting enemy AI and level design. The bosses though are kinda the same. The only difference being some of the later bosses can one/two hit kill you in Dark Souls.
Llama345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Llama345
Member since 2010 • 500 Posts

I think Dark Souls is harder, and that is saying something because I have that huge learning curve with Dark Souls. But my god is it fun! Like one of you posted you know what to do but you just cant do it. I am the same way, "oh yea that knight is right around the corner and all i have to do is smack him until i can parry? *smack smack* go to parry and he slices me, *death" But just likeDark Souls, I feel like when I get on a roll I am unstoppable. I'll roll for an hour or two without dieing, then die once then 5 or 6 times in a row in the next few minutes. I don't feel I play any different but maybe I do. Idk. I love this game. Even if you don't beat it, if you manage to get 10 hours in withoutgiving up I believe that puts you in specialcompany with some great gamers. I hope you are all enjoying this game as much as me.

Viselin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Viselin
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
yes
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

It's far, far harder.

But only because of those damn ghosts. I hate being cursed.

0Hamburgher

being cursed is the worst part of the game, or at least so far it is.

as for the difficulty, the bosses aren't overly hard if you're properly leveled up (basically don't go against a boss without increasing your soul level). sure, they can be tricky, but i usually find it harder to get to them. though, the hydra is still giving me trouble for some reason.

i like both games, but right now dark souls seems to be a bit better. unless you want to do magic, it's kind of confusing in dark souls, though that just may be me not really focusing on it that much.

still, it's a hard game, but i think demon's souls really helps you get used to it so after playing that this isn't as much of a shock. well ok, it is hard, there are mini-bosses all around that can prove to be rather difficult, though there's often an invisible wall they can't pass which is kind of cheap but also helps quite a bit.

basically, they're both hard and probably the one you play 2nd won't seem as hard since you've already been through a similar scenario before.

The_placentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_placentor
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I think Dark Souls is harder, and that is saying something because I have that huge learning curve with Dark Souls. But my god is it fun! Like one of you posted you know what to do but you just cant do it. I am the same way, "oh yea that knight is right around the corner and all i have to do is smack him until i can parry? *smack smack* go to parry and he slices me, *death" But just likeDark Souls, I feel like when I get on a roll I am unstoppable. I'll roll for an hour or two without dieing, then die once then 5 or 6 times in a row in the next few minutes. I don't feel I play any different but maybe I do. Idk. I love this game. Even if you don't beat it, if you manage to get 10 hours in withoutgiving up I believe that puts you in specialcompany with some great gamers. I hope you are all enjoying this game as much as me.

Llama345
in my opinion its because u try to hurry back to ur lost souls, i had it countless times. you die and u think, oh well reaching back my souls isn't a biggy.. then u die numerous times 'flying' thru. patience will be rewarded although sometimes the game just decides no u die and lose ur souls, as i had when revisiting the asylum when all of a sudden the floor gave way and i was in front of a boss.. byebye souls
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

[QUOTE="Llama345"]

The_placentor

in my opinion its because u try to hurry back to ur lost souls, i had it countless times. you die and u think, oh well reaching back my souls isn't a biggy.. then u die numerous times 'flying' thru. patience will be rewarded although sometimes the game just decides no u die and lose ur souls, as i had when revisiting the asylum when all of a sudden the floor gave way and i was in front of a boss.. byebye souls

Fun times :D

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

from my (and my brothers) it's actually harder then demons's souls.

Connor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Connor24
Member since 2004 • 137 Posts

Its a lot harder. If anyone says it isn't, they lie.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
It's significantly harder, and unlike Demon's Souls, where after you get comfortable with your strategies and find better equipment it feels a little less hopeless, Dark Souls seems to get harder and harder as you go. If Demon's Souls was too hard for you, this game will eat you alive.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

All in the title. Thinking about trying this series out - never bought Demon's Souls because I thought it was too hard for me because of what people and critics say.

3dfd
Yes it's a hard game, but not impossible to play through it and beat it.
elzouain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elzouain
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

The game isn't hard once you figure it out. The NG+ is a cake compared to Demon's Souls.