Does anyone else feel GTA IV is NOT being pushed to the limit??

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JahRoc876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JahRoc876
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

GTA is a great game, but with the decision to go multi-platform from the get-go, I feel they are not taking full advantage of the blu-ray disk, because GTA IV won't be as big as San Andreas and missing some things I feel could have been have been added if it was only a PS3 exclusive (timed).

This is where I got some information.... http://news.spong.com/article/12263

JahRoc876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JahRoc876
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

GTA is a great game, but with the decision to go multi-platform from the get-go, I feel they are not taking full advantage of the blu-ray disk, because GTA IV won't be as big as San Andreas and missing some things I feel could have been have been added if it was only a PS3 exclusive (timed).

JahRoc876

sorry didnt know the font was so big

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
of course it is not being pushed to the limit, some cool stuff could have been included in the design on blue-ray. They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. but it's not all bad, the PS3 version will be designed with the standard harddrive in mind. so streaming textures and loading interior levels should go more smoothly on the sony machine.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. Mordred19
No, they couldn't. Why? Because of budgetary reasons. This is the real reason BluRay isn't necessary right now. The more content and detail you add, the more you have spend, and Take Two would not have given GTA4 its current budget if it was to be a PS3-exclusive for the simple reason that there are too few PS3 owners. Even if there are 10 million PS3 owners by the time GTA4 comes out, there will be at least 15 million and as much as 20 million 360 owners, and for GTA, selling any fewer than 10 million is a disappointment.
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts
Yeah I'm disappointed that GTA:IV will be limited to one single city/area kinda like GTA:III/VC. I guess that's the price we pay when they have to make the game fit on one DVD....
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jdt532

[QUOTE="Mordred19"]They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. mjarantilla
No, they couldn't. Why? Because of budgetary reasons. This is the real reason BluRay isn't necessary right now. The more content and detail you add, the more you have spend, and Take Two would not have given GTA4 its current budget if it was to be a PS3-exclusive for the simple reason that there are too few PS3 owners. Even if there are 10 million PS3 owners by the time GTA4 comes out, there will be at least 15 million and as much as 20 million 360 owners, and for GTA, selling any fewer than 10 million is a disappointment.

and yet for some odd reason Sony first party devs and third party devs like Squre-Enix and Konami are making games that use the potential of BR and they aren't saying anything about it costing 100 million+..... interesting.

Christian399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Christian399
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

I don't really know if it's a blu-ray/ dvd issue or what.  Simply put, the game isn't very graphically impressive.  The character models just seem plain fugly too. 

Just an opinion, and as we're each entitled to our own, don't bite my head off :)

Cheers,

- C 

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mjarantilla

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. jdt532

and yet for some odd reason Sony first party devs and third party devs like Squre-Enix and Konami are making games that use the potential of BR and they aren't saying anything about it costing 100 million+..... interesting.

How much do you want to bet that those games will be much shorter in length than their PS2 equivalents? You seriously think first-party devs will complain? Meanwhile, the 360 is getting a 100+ hour (potentially 300+ hour) game that fits on a DVD9, and Square-Enix moved their biggest Japanese IP onto a non-Sony system. BTW, we don't know the budgets of MGS4 or Final Fantasy XIII. They could very well be in the $50 million range. Either way, this thread cannot end well. I'm leaving before the inferno starts.
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

there was another post about this earlier and my reply was and still is

just sucks that PS suffer cuz they have to dumb it down for 360

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

dstryr13

BOy you fanboys really crack me up.

1st the game being in 1 city has NOTHING to do with it being on the 360 and DVD9. 2nd I bet if it were PS3 exclusive it would still be the same length with NOTHING extra. Stop trying to justify games not being 400+ hours long just because the PS3 uses BR. Game developers aren't going to make longer games just because they can. Medium is just a way to get the games on the consoles and has nothing to do with length.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Oh well I honestly don't care about GTA...been there...done that...hasn't been revolutionary since GTA3 and since then I have moved on. GTA games are flawed in most aspects of gameplay, the driving is crap, the characters cliched, shooting and aiming horrendous, graphics blah. the only thing GTA has ever had is freedom and lots of stuff to do, too bad all of it is done poorly.. that and I am sick of all the crap games it has produced in the same genre. Any game that helped give rise to 50 Cent:bulletproof and its sales needs to be put to death.
razzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 razzy1
Member since 2003 • 1989 Posts

dstryr13

I guess we can blame Kutaragi/Sony?:(:cry:

"We've learned that Take-Two and Rockstar Games were interested in continuing their longtime relationship with Sony, in which they premiered their Grand Theft Auto games on PlayStation platforms exclusively for 6-12 months before bringing them to other systems. Also, Ubisoft was interested in making Assassin's Creed, due in stores next spring, exclusive to the PS3. But neither company's top executives--all extremely important figures in the games industry--could get an answer from Kutaragi."

Link

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jdt532
[QUOTE="jdt532"]

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. mjarantilla

How much do you want to bet that those games will be much shorter in length than their PS2 equivalents? You seriously think first-party devs will complain? Meanwhile, the 360 is getting a 100+ hour (potentially 300+ hour) game that fits on a DVD9, and Square-Enix moved their biggest Japanese IP onto a non-Sony system. BTW, we don't know the budgets of MGS4 or Final Fantasy XIII. They could very well be in the $50 million range. Either way, this thread cannot end well. I'm leaving before the inferno starts.

First these developers are making these games you claim are impossible due to budgets so they obviously crunched the numbers and feel they can make these games and still make allot of profit so that fact alone makes this argument a non issue. Lets say for the sake of argument that these games do cost 50 million, even if developers only make a $30 profit on each game they will only need to sell 1,666,666 copies of the game to break even. Obviously MGS4 and FFXIII will sell way more copies than that so those games will make very good profits even if they do cost 50 million to make. Also you're forgetting the fact that as developers get more efficient making games on the PS3 development costs will steadily go down over time.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"]

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. jdt532

First these developers are making these games you claim are impossible due to budgets so they obviously crunched the numbers and feel they can make these games and still make allot of profit so that fact alone makes this argument a non issue. Lets say for the sake of argument that these games do cost 50 million, even if developers only make a $30 profit on each game they will only need to sell 1,666,666 copies of the game to break even. Obviously MGS4 and FFXIII will sell way more copies than that so those games will make very good profits even if they do cost 50 million to make. Also you're forgetting the fact that as developers get more efficient making games on the PS3 development costs will steadily go down over time.

No, you don't understand. Devs are given a set budget and told, "Do what you can," by their publishers. The storage medium is all-but-meaningless in this discussion. Maybe GTA4 could've been set in more cities if made on BluRay, but it would've traded something else on the budget for that extra size. And unless you know intimate details about GTA4's development, you can't rightly say, "It would've been better if it had been exclusive," especially since, right now, there isn't a single scrap of evidence that shows that BluRay has benefitted gaming.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Well it's not like GTA3 pushed PS2 to the limit compared to San Andreas 3 years later. GTA4 seems to be coming along fine imo. Obviously they could've made a better game had it been PS3 exclusive, but I'll take what I can get at this point. As long as they're building it ground up on both and not making it on 360 and porting it over like other games have, everything will be fine. If PS3 is dominating by 2009 when the next GTA comes maybe they'll make it exclusive again.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

What a stupid topic. How can anyone make any judgements about GTA:IV when all anyone has seen is a 30 second trailer? Give me a freaking break. Could have put in new features? More dialog? Better textures? Who here has actually seen enough of the game to be able to start saying what they should have done?

Post this again in December when you might be able to speak intelligently about it.

Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts
I wish it would be alot bigger, blu-ray wouldve enabled that for sure...but from being multiplat it has to be limited to so many things like physics, AI, graphics, aerial etc....
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
GTA:SA was a huge game and didn't even require a dual layer DVD.  There is plenty of space on a DVD-9 disc for GTA4.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
There are no rollerblades, no unicycles, no jetpacks and no planes. There will be motorbikes. Wierd.
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

JahRoc876

Of course it isn't going to live up to it's full potential if it were a PS3 exclusive. If you want major content in a GTA like game you're going to have to settle for "The Getaway." As is going to be the case with all simultaneous releases or ports, the game will not fully utilize the PS3's potential and power.

Freebird8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Freebird8877
Member since 2006 • 3407 Posts
wait... you expect a GTA game to push a console to it's limits?... hahahahahahahahahaha. And another thing, what do we know about this game other than the non gameplay trailer?
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jdt532
[QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"]

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. mjarantilla

No, you don't understand. Devs are given a set budget and told, "Do what you can," by their publishers. The storage medium is all-but-meaningless in this discussion. Maybe GTA4 could've been set in more cities if made on BluRay, but it would've traded something else on the budget for that extra size. And unless you know intimate details about GTA4's development, you can't rightly say, "It would've been better if it had been exclusive," especially since, right now, there isn't a single scrap of evidence that shows that BluRay has benefitted gaming.

No evidence that YOU can see or you choose not to admit the benefits of BR because you own a 360 and don't want to admit BR can be a benefit. IMO Games like MGS4, FFXIII, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, and more are all examples of how BR can benefit games. None of the games I mentioned would fit on one DVD and if they were ported to the Xbox 360 obviously sacrifices would have to be made to fit these games on one DVD or put the game on multiple DVDs. Why do you refuse to see that BR can benefit games? I'm not denying there are some great 360 games on one DVD but you can't deny that games can't benefit from the extra capacity of BR... They can have Huge detailed levels and not just 5 to 7 levels but 15+ so games on the PS3 can be bigger and longer. You keep saying developers can't afford to make bigger, longer games but I disagree because these games are being made right now for the PS3 so obviously developers can afford it....

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kingtito

I wish it would be alot bigger, blu-ray wouldve enabled that for sure...but from being multiplat it has to be limited to so many things like physics, AI, graphics, aerial etc....Goku004

In which case it has to be dumbed down because of the PS3. Everyone knows that its harder to program for so to make it on par with the 360 all version have to be dumbed down.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingtito
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"]

No evidence that YOU can see or you choose not to admit the benefits of BR because you own a 360 and don't want to admit BR can be a benefit. IMO Games like MGS4, FFXIII, Ratchet and Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, and more are all examples of how BR can benefit games. None of the games I mentioned would fit on one DVD and if they were ported to the Xbox 360 obviously sacrifices would have to be made to fit these games on one DVD or put the game on multiple DVDs. Why do you refuse to see that BR can benefit games? I'm not denying there are some great 360 games on one DVD but you can't deny that games can't benefit from the extra capacity of BR... They can have Huge detailed levels and not just 5 to 7 levels but 15+ so games on the PS3 can be bigger and longer. You keep saying developers can't afford to make bigger, longer games but I disagree because these games are being made right now for the PS3 so obviously developers can afford it....

Or more likely you're blinded by Sony and hang on there everyone word. GOW might be a shorter game than one would have liked but it had NOTHING to do with it being on DVD. Medium isn't a reason to expand a game or make it bigger. The devs have a game concept in mind that just grows from there. The medium doesn't even come into play at that point. BR works for movies and Sony wants you to believe it's necessary for games but the fact is that it's not necessary. Medium has NOTHING to do with the lenght of games. Stop trying to use the lack of BR has a reason for short or crappy ports.

Sony is NOT GOD. They're just another greedy company just like MS.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#27 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Gamers who think that DVD9 is holding games back have no clue about game development. Plain & simple

I guess PC games are held back because they ship on DVD9s too   :roll:

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

I'd rather have a smaller city(isn't it like only 30% smaller than SA anyway?) with much more depth in the city. I'm more amped to see how the Euphoria system will work into GTA...

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts

GTA:SA was a huge game and didn't even require a dual layer DVD.  There is plenty of space on a DVD-9 disc for GTA4.b11051973

Yes but you're forgetting that was a last gen game, with all the more realistic graphics and cgi rendered videos not to mention the audio it would fill up a dvd relatively fast this generation even with compression.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LosDaddie

[QUOTE="b11051973"]GTA:SA was a huge game and didn't even require a dual layer DVD.  There is plenty of space on a DVD-9 disc for GTA4.mmirza23

Yes but you're forgetting that was a last gen game, with all the more realistic graphics and cgi rendered videos not to mention the audio it would fill up a dvd relatively fast this generation even with compression.

The GTA series has never used CGI videos. Heck, even the trailer used the in-game engine.

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts
[QUOTE="mmirza23"]

[QUOTE="b11051973"]GTA:SA was a huge game and didn't even require a dual layer DVD.  There is plenty of space on a DVD-9 disc for GTA4.LosDaddie

The GTA series has never used CGI videos. Heck, even the trailer used the in-game engine.

Yeah I know that but I was speaking in general terms, to be specific for GTA it'll fit in a dvd9 but it will take up a heck of alot more space than SA

Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts
This game wouldn't be coming out in a few months if it was going to be as big or bigger than San Andreas. They are making the first game for new systems, so they have to learn how to do this first. Plus, they want to get the first game out as quickly as possible and worry about making bigger areas in the future games.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LosDaddie

Agreed.

I believe only games that rely heavily on CGI vids will need more than a DVD9.

EvilSpeaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EvilSpeaker
Member since 2005 • 1410 Posts

[QUOTE="Mordred19"]They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. mjarantilla

no GTA game ever sold over 10 million ... not even 5

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
I really hate that its just one city, i loved roaming the country side in SAn An, and no planes! that just makes it even worse, if there was one game that is already a let down compared to the hype it would be San an, there better at least be helicopters, and since theres no country and this is modern day, you can expect to see no dirtbikes are ATV's, GTA IV is going to be the worst in the series.
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
Yeah it could have been better, looks like all there focusing on is gameplay and graphics.
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
[QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"]

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. kingtito

Or more likely you're blinded by Sony and hang on there everyone word. GOW might be a shorter game than one would have liked but it had NOTHING to do with it being on DVD. Medium isn't a reason to expand a game or make it bigger. The devs have a game concept in mind that just grows from there. The medium doesn't even come into play at that point. BR works for movies and Sony wants you to believe it's necessary for games but the fact is that it's not necessary. Medium has NOTHING to do with the lenght of games. Stop trying to use the lack of BR has a reason for short or crappy ports.

compression sacrafices quality.with BD developers dont need to do that

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LosDaddie

coolasj19

Compression also speed up load times.

Why do you think games like RR7 and Oblivion install multiple GBs onto the PS3's HDD?

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"]

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. coolasj19

[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"]

[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="Mordred19"]They could have fit more spoken dialougue, alternate cutscenes, more music tracks, multiple storylines, multiple endings, that sort of thing. coolasj19

The difference is barely perceptible, at best.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

GTA:SA was a huge game and didn't even require a dual layer DVD.  There is plenty of space on a DVD-9 disc for GTA4.b11051973

LMAO yes it did WTF are you talking about...it needed a dual layer and it was still a bit choppy for both versions more so on PS2 but still, and I think GTA IV could be better if it were a PS3 exclusive, let's jus see wat happens wit Getaway 3 and I will still be pickin up GTA IV cuz it'll b a sick game.

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
[QUOTE="coolasj19"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"]

The difference is barely perceptible, at best.

true but soon they wont be able to compress all of it. this is my last post so dont think about bashing me
Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts

Proof is in the pudding as it were there are no games from either company sitting on shelves so all you have to go by with that claim is developer promises and screen shots.   

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jdt532

Gamers who think that DVD9 is holding games back have no clue about game development. Plain & simple

I guess PC games are held back because they ship on DVD9s too :roll:

LosDaddie

If you ever hear anyone say "Blu-Ray isn't needed this generation", rest assured they don't make games for a livingBrian Hastings
Brian Hasting, chief creative officer Insomniac Games

Blu-Ray is too small for MGS4Hideo Kojima
Hideo Kojima talking about how the 25GB BR disk isn't enough and he wants to use the 50GB BR disk.

I think you xbox fans need to quit trying to say BR isn't needed cause you're just making a fool of yourself. ACTUAL game developers say BR is needed and Xbox fanboys say otherwise hmm who should I believe?......

Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts
compression has more benifits than making the file smaller on disk.  It also has a faster load time off the disk if it's smaller.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LosDaddie

[QUOTE="b11051973"]GTA:SA was a huge game and didn't even require a dual layer DVD.  There is plenty of space on a DVD-9 disc for GTA4.G-Legend

LMAO yes it did WTF are you talking about...it needed a dual layer and it was still a bit choppy for both versions more so on PS2 but still, and I think GTA IV could be better if it were a PS3 exclusive, let's jus see wat happens wit Getaway 3 and I will still be pickin up GTA IV cuz it'll b a sick game.

Actually that's not true. It's a myth. GTA SA never need a DVD9.

Listen to the new HotSpot and they confirm that GTA SA didn't need a DVD9.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LosDaddie

I think you xbox fans need to quit trying to say BR isn't needed cause you're just making a fool of yourself. ACTUAL game developers say BR is needed and Xbox fanboys say otherwise hmm who should I believe?......

jdt532

Try finding a source that doesn't develop games exclusively for Sony.

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jdt532
[QUOTE="jdt532"]

LosDaddie

That's the best you can is call these guys liars?... lame If Hideo Kojima says MGS4 will be over 25GB I'll believe him every time over you. Keep living in your happy shinny world thinking DVDs are good enough for next gen. games cause Bill Gates says so.... 

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dstryr13

first of all Kojima isnt a dev exclusive to SONY

so there is one major dev who is an ICON in the business

he can give his game to whoever he wants yet he still always chooses SONY cuz he knows that BD is helping to make a big difference with MGS4

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dstryr13
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="jdt532"]

jdt532

That's the best you can is call these guys liars?... lame If Hideo Kojima says MGS4 will be over 25GB I'll believe him every time over you. Keep living in your happy shinny world thinking DVDs are good enough for next gen. games cause Bill Gates says so.... 

to busy with his head in bill's lap to see the real world, the truth

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"][QUOTE="mjarantilla"][QUOTE="jdt532"]

Oh bull****. MGS4? What have we seen of MGS4 besides urban environments? What have we seen of FFXIII besides a one-minute trailer, half of which was CGI? You can't use these for examples simply because we've seen virtually nothing of either game. And Lair and Heavenly Sword, you ALWAYS bring these up, yet you NEVER recognize that the 360 has its own games with massive environments with quality and detail equal or AT THE VERY LEAST extremely, extremely close to any of the games you've mentioned. And bull**** on the "only 5-7 levels." The only 360 game you have to back this up with is Gears of War. Mass Effect has dozens of worlds and over a hundred hours of gameplay, complete voice acting, and a dozen different ways to progress through the campaign. I've played RFOM, and nothing about that game impresses me, least of all its levels, which are not "huge, detailed levels" in comparison to games like COD, or even games like Crackdown and Saints Row. You have YET to show a SINGLE game that will be "bigger and longer" than what we've already seen. None of the games you mentioned would fit on a DVD? Obviously not, the way they are made, and there's no way for any of us to prove otherwise, but I am supremely confident that games of similar scale will appear on the 360. Why do I refuse to recognize that BD will benefit games? BECAUSE IT HASN'T YET. You're the blind Sony fanboy who can't see that despite using 15GB of space, RFOM is STILL an average shooter; that despite using 15GB of space, Motorstorm is STILL a stripped down skeleton of a racer; and that despite being limited to only 7GB, Mass Effect is STILL one of the best looking and certainly one of the biggest games we've yet seen on ANY console in terms of potential gameplay hours (Baldur's Gate II is the biggest game I know, with over 300 hours of potential gameplay, but that was a PC game.)