Do you use your PS3 for internet surfing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DontTazeMeBro1
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts
I have a thought. I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere but I just want to test my idea out. Surfing the internet is the reason for the freezing issues on some PS3's. I never use my PS3 for internet use (other then the PS Store) and have never had any problems with my system. Everything runs great. I have also come to understand that if you clear all your internet history and cookies as well as take off that stupid news ticker thing your system will run much better. So please, take the time to cast your vote and share your ideas. Have a good Thanksgiving and a better Black Friday.
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts
I use it in the mornings, before I go to school. That's really the only time I'm lazy enough to not get on my PC.
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
nope...I have a computer that I use to surf the web...it's alot more efficient and user friendly...I could purchase the blu tooth keyboard and mouse, but it's not that serious...
DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DontTazeMeBro1

nope...I have a computer that I use to surf the web...it's alot more efficient and user friendly...I could purchase the blu tooth keyboard and mouse, but it's not that serious...tryfe_lyn

Im in that same boat. Just use my laptop when I need to use the internet.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I use my desktop for the net. but I always will use my PS3 for thr net once in a while for fun.
Scubei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Scubei
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts
well I've had my ps3 for 4 months, bought COD4 and after the firmware 2.0 update my ps3 is fried!!! It will still come on sometimes but not long enuf to run any games. I tried to get to change the media bar off, thought I did, but it was still there. Where do you go to turn it off? But anyways, I never got the internet once and my ps3 still did this....I got my update from a media card reader from my CPU @ work......anyideas?
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts
I've tried using the web browser wireless and buy connecting an earthnet cable to my router and it's so slooooooooooooooooooow. Where as my PC (Which is 4 years old and only has 15gb of space left on it) is much, much, faster
DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DontTazeMeBro1
To shut that stupid media bar off I think you select the icon for it and hit O or triangle for the options. You may want to get 2.01 up and running as well.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

I have a thought. I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere but I just want to test my idea out. Surfing the internet is the reason for the freezing issues on some PS3's. I never use my PS3 for internet use (other then the PS Store) and have never had any problems with my system. Everything runs great. I have also come to understand that if you clear all your internet history and cookies as well as take off that stupid news ticker thing your system will run much better. So please, take the time to cast your vote and share your ideas. Have a good Thanksgiving and a better Black Friday.DontTazeMeBro1

That might be an issue for the newer models but I use to use mine all the time (11/17/06)when I first got my ps3 just to check it out. I haven't had any issues with my system.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Only for PSN store for me and of course online gaming, I haven't had problems for the last eight months.

I have a computer for Internet use.

DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DontTazeMeBro1

[QUOTE="DontTazeMeBro1"]I have a thought. I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere but I just want to test my idea out. Surfing the internet is the reason for the freezing issues on some PS3's. I never use my PS3 for internet use (other then the PS Store) and have never had any problems with my system. Everything runs great. I have also come to understand that if you clear all your internet history and cookies as well as take off that stupid news ticker thing your system will run much better. So please, take the time to cast your vote and share your ideas. Have a good Thanksgiving and a better Black Friday.MERC_RECONN

That might be an issue for the newer models but I use to use mine all the time (11/17/06)when I first got my ps3 just to check it out. I haven't had any issues with my system.

Im starting to think that as well. My PS3 is a launch system as well and runs great. I think its funny because NO ONE has a PS3 that looks worse then mine. No One.

Stormriderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stormriderx
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Only time I use it for net is when reading articles on the information board, prefer using my PC to the PS3 for net surfing.
ovadose85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ovadose85
Member since 2006 • 505 Posts
sometime's but i'd rather use my pc .
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
[QUOTE="MERC_RECONN"]

[QUOTE="DontTazeMeBro1"]I have a thought. I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere but I just want to test my idea out. Surfing the internet is the reason for the freezing issues on some PS3's. I never use my PS3 for internet use (other then the PS Store) and have never had any problems with my system. Everything runs great. I have also come to understand that if you clear all your internet history and cookies as well as take off that stupid news ticker thing your system will run much better. So please, take the time to cast your vote and share your ideas. Have a good Thanksgiving and a better Black Friday.DontTazeMeBro1

Im starting to think that as well. My PS3 is a launch system as well and runs great. I think its funny because NO ONE has a PS3 that looks worse then mine. No One.

lol...to heck with how it looks...as long as ot runs ok....BE HAPPY!!!:)

DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DontTazeMeBro1
Trust me, I'm happy:D
lrsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lrsp
Member since 2005 • 769 Posts
I haven't used it in like forever. I don't know if it is still crap since the recent update though.
vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vicsrealms
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts
Only for the PSN demo and trailer downloads, other than that I have a PC and a Laptop that work far better for surfing the internet then the PS3.
huriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 huriona
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts
I use it to watch videos on Youtube (and the PSN store of course).
bjhean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 bjhean
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
no, i don't use it wo surf the internet. I have my pc for that.
The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts
I've never tried it... can you look at YouTube vids on it? Any other video sights? That might make it worth it.
TheMetalSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheMetalSquid
Member since 2007 • 184 Posts
I sometime's use it though not all the time
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

i use the net on my PS3 alot, mostly is because my girlfriend is on my computer but i agree, i took off that stupidinfo bar is my PS3 runs better.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I used the browser several times, I've not had any problems with my system.

It's weird how some people have such problems after these firmware updates. I personally haven't experienced any of the problems that some have had with their PS3s after the updates, and I use the browser every now and then and I keep the information board turned on.

Strange stuff indeed.

PS: Let it be known that even though I answered the question and voted, I still want turkey.*drools*