Do You Think TLOU 2 Has A Good Story To Tell?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k00lenkrazey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 k00lenkrazey
Member since 2016 • 96 Posts

Alot of people including me would have been very much ok if TLOU never had a sequel. If it just stayed and became remembered as it's own masterpiece that did everything it needed to do with just one game entry. My worry is that there won't be a story that's as compelling or deep as the original game. I worry that it won't be as good as the original and a sequel is being made because it's just what everyone wants. Don't get me wrong, im very excited for the sequel and i know Naughty Dog will make a good game. But will it ever stand up to the first game in terms of story and character development?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I worry about that myself and I'm still skeptical. I know I should trust Naughty Dog, but I would still be okay with TLoU never having a sequel. I just can't imagine it being any better or having a story nearly as good to tell. Of course, I still look forward to playing it, I'm just going to go into it with these doubts I have.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

How do you guys know its a sequel? just because 2 characters that you saw are older (purposely keeping it spoiler free) doesn't mean much.

That could ONLY be 1 level as a flash-forward in time. It could be a prequel for the rest of the game. A bit like how if Uncharted 4 ONLY showed the young Drake level, you would believe its a prequel.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SoNin360

@GTR12 said:

How do you guys know its a sequel? just because 2 characters that you saw are older (purposely keeping it spoiler free) doesn't mean much.

That could ONLY be 1 level as a flash-forward in time. It could be a prequel for the rest of the game. A bit like how if Uncharted 4 ONLY showed the young Drake level, you would believe its a prequel.

Even though we know nothing else about the game, I just don't see any reason it wouldn't be a sequel. What more do we need to know between the prologue of the first game and when Joel and Ellie meet? Most of the game could be set in space for all we know, but there's no real reason to think that's the case either.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I don't get how people cant see how a sequel might work, the first game left a possible sequel WIDE OPEN with it's ending!

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SoNin360

@vfighter said:

I don't get how people cant see how a sequel might work, the first game left a possible sequel WIDE OPEN with it's ending!

I saw it as Ellie accepting Joel's lie and that was that. Unless you're talking about the "cure", then I don't really care about that aspect of the story since that's not really what the game was about. I guess the sequel could be about Ellie's possible guilt and wanting there to be a cure, but I'm skeptical of even that making for a good story.

k00lenkrazey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 k00lenkrazey
Member since 2016 • 96 Posts

@GTR12: The Fact that the game is called The Last Of Us: Part 2 suggests that its a continuation of the previous story and just broken up into parts. There's very little reason not to think it's a direct sequel to the previous game.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 954 Posts

I just received the Remastered version in the mail today and will be playing it soon. Anyone have a idea as to when this might release? Im guessing ~June 2018, 5 years after the first was released sence it takes place 5 years later. Sorry not trying to hijack the thread.

TTLockerroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 TTLockerroom
Member since 2017 • 21 Posts

Never doubt Naughty Dog

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SoNin360

@Black96Z said:

I just received the Remastered version in the mail today and will be playing it soon. Anyone have a idea as to when this might release? Im guessing ~June 2018, 5 years after the first was released sence it takes place 5 years later. Sorry not trying to hijack the thread.

Might not be a bad estimate seeing as that would be about the same amount of time between announcement and release as the first game. I would say the lack of an appearance at E3 might mean it's further off, but it's possible they're waiting until PSX (Playstation Experience) to show anything new and to announce a release date.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Black96Z

@SoNin360 said:
@Black96Z said:

Might not be a bad estimate seeing as that would be about the same amount of time between announcement and release as the first game. I would say the lack of an appearance at E3 might mean it's further off, but it's possible they're waiting until PSX (Playstation Experience) to show anything new and to announce a release date.

Shortly after E3 there was a post on twitter that stated the reasoning for TLOU 2 not being shown was because it had already been announced and that they didnt want it to "steal" from the other showings that Sony had.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Black96Z

@SoNin360: Here it is.

https://gamerant.com/the-last-of-us-2-e3-2017/

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SoNin360

@Black96Z: Ohh, now I kinda recall this. They didn't want it to overshadow their Uncharted: Lost Legacy showing to be more specific. So that's definitely good news for the possibility of a 2018 release.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

In ND I trust.

Whatever game they make, I buy it. I don't care if it's a sequel or new IP, as long as ND is behind it. They are one of the studios I can buy games from and not worry about disliking the game.

If ND felt there was more to tell in the TLOU universe, then I'm all for it. There was a time when TLOU was a new IP and many doubted it. I'm not on the "doubt" bandwagon that many seem to do with each ND release.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

ND got really boring, not buying anymore of their games. UC4 was my last. Their games never had great stories anyway... they just an overrated studio of SJW's nowadays.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

@ttlockerroom said:

Never doubt Naughty Dog

Same here

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

I dont know about the sequel but i consider myself being a numb nut for it is now dat i have started playing TLOU on PS4 and enjoying it terribly. Watever, sequel i m gonna buy it come wat may.

Baron_Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Baron_Machina
Member since 2017 • 273 Posts

I have faith in this one. The first TLOU was a great game, and there's still a lot of potential for where they could go with this world and these characters.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

I dunno about the story but I want better gameplay. ND has had too much hand holding in its games over the last decade. I prefer a game iwth stealth/action elements with more freedom on how to approach a particular situation. Oh and smart human AI.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

ND is one of the only reasons I own a Playstation so yes, I trust them.