Do you think Resistance 2...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MaForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 MaForce
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
...is going to provide more of a background story on Nathan Hale? IMO if they do it would be a good strategy to make for a better game. Resistance 1 didnt really have a background story, and he was kind of a mysterious character. I didnt like how we got little to no info on him but If R2 provides a background story it will definetly open up the game. I only hope all these websites(projectabraham.com, etc) arent the producers way of giving fans a little background history on the game.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

this is all the background info on him so far...

Nathan Hale was a legendary sergeant in the United States Army, who was largely responsible for the liberation of Britain in July, 1951.

Born in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, in November 1922, Nathan Hale's parents both succumbed to the lingering complications of the influenzia epidemic of 1918 shortly after his birth. With no nearby relatives, Hale was declared a ward of the state. After a series of odd jobs, Hale enlisted in the United States Army, where he was elected to the Inaugural Ranger Orientation Program.

Hale was a capable soldier, but during a live-fire exercise, he led an unconventional gambit against a mock target that led to the deaths of most of his squad and several observers, and he himself was grievously injured. The incident was attributed to faulty munitions. Hale was rehabilitated at the Army's Higgins Trauma Center in Montana. After exhaustive therapy and many operations, Hale returned to active duty. His commanding officers consistantly rewarded Hale with higher-risk missions due to his natural skill in battle, but psychologists expressed concern that he had a death wish.

On July 11th, 1951, Hale was deployed along with the rest of the First Ranger Regiment to York as part of Operation: Deliverance. When his squad was attacked by Chimeran Crawlers, Hale was infected with the Chimeran virus. However, for reasons unknown, Hale awoke even after being infected. He now possessed gold-coloured eyes, but aside from that, seemed healthy.

Not long after being infected, he was re-captured by the Chimera during a Spire attack, and taken to a Chimeran Conversion Centre in Grimsby. With the help of Cpt. Rachel Parker, he managed to escape, and proceeded to fight battles across England. In Cheddar Gorge, Hale, along with Lt. Steven Cartwright, made the discovery that the Chimeran towers had been excavated.

Hale later followed a Chimeran tunnel from Bracknell all the way to London, where he single-handedly shut down the main Chimeran tower. He was presumed killed in the explosion that destroyed the tower, but was later seen in a snowy landscape, where he was picked up by some mysterious American soldiers.

Hale reprises his role as the antagonist in Resistance 2: United We Fall.

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

I only hope all these websites arent the producers way of giving fans a little background history on the game.MaForce

Why?

The sites can be used to pump-out a lot more information than the games can likely do by themselves without breaking their flow. As long as there's nothing in the games that explicitly requires you to have visited the sites and have learned everything to understand something, it should be fine.

MaForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MaForce

[QUOTE="MaForce"]I only hope all these websites arent the producers way of giving fans a little background history on the game.AnFangs_Endes

Why?

The sites can be used to pump-out a lot more information than the games can likely do by themselves without breaking their flow. As long as there's nothing in the games that explicitly requires you to have visited the sites and have learned everything to understand something, it should be fine.

After i posted this i thought a little more, and it actually made sense...if they got the word out to enough players. It would bring some stress of of the story telling and a lot more would be discovered if the players already had some good info to read up on the characters.

Avatar image for Meko_Gear_Solid
Meko_Gear_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Meko_Gear_Solid
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts
yeah interview with insomniac creater thing ps magazine but i cant b certain but he explained most critisism was the begining wasent really explosive and the slight lack of story n way they had most of the story in those black n white slideshowish moments R2 will have more explosive story line and all take place in game with sergeant hale friken cant wait HALE YEA!
nellyg619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 nellyg619
Member since 2004 • 6832 Posts
tbh i dont reli find the story interestin for some reason...mebbe it's me cos i'm like this when it comes to FPS's
MaForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MaForce

tbh i dont reli find the story interestin for some reason...mebbe it's me cos i'm like this when it comes to FPS'snellyg619

I think its the story that seperates most FPS. i guess thats why i can play resistance, orange, box, and cod4 all of the sudden and i havent played any other fps before.

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
...is going to provide more of a background story on Nathan Hale? IMO if they do it would be a good strategy to make for a better game. Resistance 1 didnt really have a background story, and he was kind of a mysterious character. I didnt like how we got little to no info on him but If R2 provides a background story it will definetly open up the game. I only hope all these websites(projectabraham.com, etc) arent the producers way of giving fans a little background history on the game.MaForce
The reason R1 was that way was because the game was rushed out for release and wasn't finished. With R2 they have plenty of time to work on the game. So yea I do expect a lot more detail about him to be revealed this time around. This is my #2 most hyped game right behind SPORE.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

tbh i dont reli find the story interestin for some reason...mebbe it's me cos i'm like this when it comes to FPS'snellyg619

i also found resistance not atractive. even tho i would never get an fps for ps3 (or any console) as for me fps are meant to be played with mouse and keyboard. even tho i could have found the story and game amazing, but i didnt =S.

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

[QUOTE="Meko_Gear_Solid"]yeah interview with insomniac creater thing ps magazine but i cant b certain but he explained most critisism was the begining wasent really explosive and the slight lack of story n way they had most of the story in those black n white slideshowish moments R2 will have more explosive story line and all take place in game with sergeant hale friken cant wait HALE YEA!Foffity

What? Have you ever heard of punctuation?

Deja vu. I swear I've seen a comment like that after him being quoted before. :?

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bubblehash

[QUOTE="nellyg619"]tbh i dont reli find the story interestin for some reason...mebbe it's me cos i'm like this when it comes to FPS'sSollidSnake_

i also found resistance not atractive. even tho i would never get an fps for ps3 (or any console) as for me fps are meant to be played with mouse and keyboard. even tho i could have found the story and game amazing, but i didnt =S.

Yea I am the same way for the most part with FPS. But I am glade I forced myself to play the demo over and over again until I got use to the controls. Then I bought the game and found out how good it was. And it wasn't even finished.
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bubblehash
yeah interview with insomniac creater thing ps magazine but i cant b certain but he explained most critisism was the begining wasent really explosive and the slight lack of story n way they had most of the story in those black n white slideshowish moments R2 will have more explosive story line and all take place in game with sergeant hale friken cant wait HALE YEA!Meko_Gear_Solid
Umm...........WHAT?