Do you think I should purchase Little Big Planet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brummydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 brummydude
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts
As of yet I dont have any urge to purchase little big planet but its getting console selling high reviews so im considering. I play mostly shooters and sports titles. I have little to no imagination / creation skills so i reckon i will struggle with the creator tool and find no use with it. What do you guys reckon
MFDABADKID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MFDABADKID
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

I think you should if you love video games....It's a must for ps3 owners you can play 50 single player levels & get some ideas off those levels to create some cool levels from shooters you like playing.....

boom_zenglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 boom_zenglish
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

I say most deffinatly get it!

I think this game will open up alot of peoples eyes to whats out there besides shooters.

Sony has put a ton of stock into this game, I think it will be fun for pretty much anyone who picks up the controller.

It also has more of social aspect to the game which is a good thing for some of us who are very intraverted.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

So let me get this straight - You have no interest in LBP, but if some random internet forum people tell you that you should buy it, you would?

Look, it's like this. If you have no interest in the game then don't buy it. Your interest level should determine what you buy, not what some of us random people say you should.

Research the game and if you come away interested and intrigued enough to buy it, go for it. If not, don't buy it. It's really that simple.

My interest, or anyone else's interest should not enter into the equation.

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
you don't have to even go into the creation mode if u don't wanna. There will be so much content already it will be worth it. The beta was a blast.
ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts
Yes get it:D
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I typically play these types of games - MGS , God of War , Resident Evil , 007 , Splinter Cell , Max Payne , Resistance , Warhawk , Socom , Uncharted , Killzone , etc ....... and I am getting this game. I fell in love with it when playing the beta. I really didn't think I would want to make anything either or like the game as much as I did ....... but I did :o There isn't a good reason for anyone NOT to at least try it imho. Its simple pick up and play fun and charm might surprise you. If you have family members or friends to play with (or online friends) , it is a nice party game as well.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

As of yet I dont have any urge to purchase little big planet but its getting console selling high reviews so im considering. I play mostly shooters and sports titles. I have little to no imagination / creation skills so i reckon i will struggle with the creator tool and find no use with it. What do you guys reckonbrummydude

If you seriously have to ask .. then no .. don't buy it ..

daveversion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 daveversion1
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
Depends what type of games you like to be honest, what kinda games do you like?
PS3Gamer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PS3Gamer_1
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts

So let me get this straight - You have no interest in LBP, but if some random internet forum people tell you that you should buy it, you would?

Look, it's like this. If you have no interest in the game then don't buy it. Your interest level should determine what you buy, not what some of us random people say you should.

Research the game and if you come away interested and intrigued enough to buy it, go for it. If not, don't buy it. It's really that simple.

nyc05

This!

savinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 savinger
Member since 2007 • 1309 Posts

As of yet I dont have any urge to purchase little big planet but its getting console selling high reviews so im considering. I play mostly shooters and sports titles. I have little to no imagination / creation skills so i reckon i will struggle with the creator tool and find no use with it. What do you guys reckonbrummydude

For your tastes, I say no.

Hotcarlmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hotcarlmaniac
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
get it you stupid b***h.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

nyc05

It's Gamespot. It's like telling people to read a book when they would rather look at shiney things and have someone do the reading for them. Logic is a minorty.

CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts

I personally don't like it. But I just played the beta. I really just don't think it's that fun. The user-created levels are dull and I'm just more into shooters and action games.

jtemplegarage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jtemplegarage
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts
I would say yes, get it - or at the very least, give it a rental. LBP is one of those games that when you pick it up for even just 5 minutes, you become hopelessly addicted to it; a rental will change your mind, and then you'll just end up buying it anyways. The thing that some people lose track of is that it's NOT just a platformer; people are creating all kinds of different games with LBP's level creator, and that's what will keep you coming back. You can do platforming levels, mini-games, racing games, tell stories, create objects - all kinds of stuff. Much like imagination itself, LBP pretty much knows no bounds. ;)
Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
if it does not concern u dont jump into it...typical american
deon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deon99
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts

well im not going to buy it im gonna rent it first and if i like it i will see .but as of right now it's a no buy for me.

infamous_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 infamous_27
Member since 2008 • 857 Posts
the creation editor might seem overwhelming at first but after playing millions of other people's levels u will start to think, "hey what if i put X and combined it with Z?"
Rock99999Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Rock99999Fan
Member since 2007 • 707 Posts

nyc05

Beautiful post!

*claps*

gryphonfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gryphonfeather
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

I am definitely a fanboy of LBP... no sense in denying it... it is the truth. I love this game. It inspires feelings I have not had in a game in a VERY long time. It ranks on the VERY top of all the games I have ever played. One of those games that reminds me why I game in the first place.

Now, with that said... I am going to have to STRONGLY agree with nyc05. There is a chance you will not feel the same way about this game that I do. I will say most people who have no interest for this game suddenly become fanboys as well once they actually play it... but NOT everyone. Those that do not like it after playing it are in the minority... but you should NEVER do anything simply to be in the majority.

Rent it... or play it at someone else's house who has it. Decide from there. Asking for people here to make the decision for you is only going to net you three types of responses.

1. Fanboys raving on about a title they love.

2. Anti-fanboys raving against a title they do not understand.

3. People like nyc05 who tell you to make up your own mind, anyway.

Take #3's advice, and decide for yourself. Give it a try first, so you actually know what you are deciding on, but do NOT ask someone else to make up your mind for you.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts
How can you have little to no imagination? Are you a robot?
m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts
Use the game recommendations stickied thread. Individual recommendation threads are not allowed.