Do you think future ps3s will have BC???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts
So, will Sony reintroduce BC in the newer versions of the ps3 or will they just forget about it?
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts
im pretty sure we wont be seeing any future ps3's besides maybe a slim. i dont see why ppl fascinate over BC, its just a teeny feature to such a massively jampacked piece of hardware.
LiquidDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LiquidDom
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

im pretty sure we wont be seeing any future ps3's besides maybe a slim. i dont see why ppl fascinate over BC, its just a teeny feature to such a massively jampacked piece of hardware.ChiSoxBombers

I know right? People already have the PS2 games, hence, THEY HAVE A PS2! JUST PLAY THE DAMN PS2 IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE GAMES!

sh0vet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sh0vet
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

I don't see why not. I'm sure they will think about. The reason bc is removed for now is its too damn expensive and they need to get the console price down. Once the components have shrunk, i.e. cpu, gpu, heatsinks, etc.. and the console is dirt cheap they can throw bc back in and the console is still cheap.

Although I don't care I have a ps2 and a 40gb ps3.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

[QUOTE="ChiSoxBombers"]im pretty sure we wont be seeing any future ps3's besides maybe a slim. i dont see why ppl fascinate over BC, its just a teeny feature to such a massively jampacked piece of hardware.LiquidDom

I know right? People already have the PS2 games, hence, THEY HAVE A PS2! JUST PLAY THE DAMN PS2 IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE GAMES!

kid: "My ps2 broke!" kid2: "don't you have a ps3?" k1: "Oh yea!" *loads up the discs, ps3 pisses and moans* "what? it won't play?!" k2: "uhhh... can you get another one?" k1: *calls all the local game stores, that already stopped selling ps2's* "no more ps1? or ps2?" *cries* ps2's break. frequently. That's why BC is important.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I doubt it, Sony already announced they weren't having anymore BC in their systems, PS3 included. If it's not much of a hassle, get a PS2 if you don't already have one or if your current one is on it's way out. The way the PS2 is selling and still getting support, I don't see PS2 off the market until 2010 or 2011.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 codezer0

I don't see why not. I'm sure they will think about. The reason bc is removed for now is its too damn expensive and they need to get the console price down. Once the components have shrunk, i.e. cpu, gpu, heatsinks, etc.. and the console is dirt cheap they can throw bc back in and the console is still cheap.

Although I don't care I have a ps2 and a 40gb ps3.

sh0vet
No, it is not. You cannot tell me it would cost more than $1/chip to make the PS2 chips or even the PS1 chips necessary for full hardware BC. And it certainly doesn't take $100 worth of PCB per unit to install them on a PS3. Realistically, we're looking at $0.15USD/chip for PS1 hardware compatibility (which is now done by software in the slim PStwo and PS3's), and maybe $5USD/chip for the PS2 EE+GS chips, at the high-end of the price spectrum. That's what revised manufacturing processes are for. To make these chips less expensively, and need less power to do the same amount of work, which in turn means less heat produced. If anything, the ps3's of now should realistically have full hardware BC for ps1 and ps2, and be cheaper to manufacture. Sony just wants people to still buy their worthless slim PStwo's and thus chose to neuter the ps3 as a result.
LiquidDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LiquidDom
[QUOTE="LiquidDom"]

[QUOTE="ChiSoxBombers"]im pretty sure we wont be seeing any future ps3's besides maybe a slim. i dont see why ppl fascinate over BC, its just a teeny feature to such a massively jampacked piece of hardware.codezer0

kid: "My ps2 broke!" kid2: "don't you have a ps3?" k1: "Oh yea!" *loads up the discs, ps3 pisses and moans* "what? it won't play?!" k2: "uhhh... can you get another one?" k1: *calls all the local game stores, that already stopped selling ps2's* "no more ps1? or ps2?" *cries* ps2's break. frequently. That's why BC is important.

I have had myphat PS2 since launch and I still play it to this day. Quite frequently actually...

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 codezer0

I have had myphat PS2 since launch and I still play it to this day. Quite frequently actually...

LiquidDom
Bull. **** **** That is a complete, and utter lie, and you know it.
sh0vet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sh0vet
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

I got two friends with a launch ps2 and both work still to this day.

Ya ya I've heard about the laser failing and all that **** but their's still work.

LiquidDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LiquidDom
Why would i have a reason to lie? I could give a **** about what the internet thinks. It still works, I was just playing Sly 3 on it an hour ago...
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#12 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i have a ps1 from 2000 that works, so its possible people can have these for long periods fo time by playing it alot - nope , you dont play ps2 all day if so you definatelly need to get out of the house ,

ive been through 3 ps2s , 1 slim broke within a week 2 original phat ones wore out 3-5 yrs after i bought it ,

my slim i bougt used dont know when the original owner bought it but i works , perfect

Avatar image for silentkill62696
silentkill62696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silentkill62696
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts
lol, i gave my ps2 to my cousin, who lives in another state, after i got a ps3. Luckily i knew my sweet 60gb launch ps3 had full BC. Also the ps2 i gave my cousin was gotten at launch and still works fine.
ZOnikJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZOnikJJ
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts
I put my PS2 into storage already. I'm glad I have my PS2 BC on my 80Gig PS3. My Xbox 360 has BC, my Wii has it too, so I expect my PS3 to do the same, especially for PS2 games since there's a whole lot of them that are still fun to play. I think its pretty lame that Sony is taking out features from the newer SKUs. Some people might not be informed of this change and buy a PS3 with a surprise awaiting them when they try booting up MGS3 or an old GTA just for kicks.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
Nope.
Carnikoid85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#16 Carnikoid85
Member since 2005 • 534 Posts
Nope I think that when PS2 will be completly dead Sony will sell PS2 titles at PSN
CookieGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CookieGoat
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts
I wonder why they still don't sell classics at PSN, like the earlier MGS versions for example.
Vl95380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vl95380
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
the japan store has mgs1
eloyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 eloyc
Member since 2003 • 1124 Posts

[QUOTE="ChiSoxBombers"]im pretty sure we wont be seeing any future ps3's besides maybe a slim. i dont see why ppl fascinate over BC, its just a teeny feature to such a massively jampacked piece of hardware.LiquidDom

Why to have 2 consoles plugged if you could only have one?

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
[QUOTE="LiquidDom"]

codezer0

thats not bull, ive had mine since 2001 without a problem. looks like your bull **** actually for thinking that.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
I have a 60gig BC PS3, the US version came with the emotion chip for playing PS2 game, but a software update was used for europe, why can't they do the same for the other versions.
jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jocaju
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts
Sony is probably working on some kind of software BC instead of hardware, I hope that's true since we heard a humor about the PSP 3000 works with DualShock 3 and since PSP has no second anolog stick and R2/L2, with DS3 for PSP they could eventualy sell PS2 games on PSN just like PS1 classics for either all PS3 systems and PSPs.
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
No. It doesn't matter to me because I have a 60GB. I wish some people could get in on BC goodness but I highly doubt that Sony would do that.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 codezer0
[QUOTE="codezer0"][QUOTE="LiquidDom"]

sethman410

thats not bull, ive had mine since 2001 without a problem. looks like your bull **** actually for thinking that.

It's a well-known fact that playstation 1's and playstations 2's are even more unreliable than what people claim the 360's go down for in RRoD's. The only people who have ever said differently are those who have had a vested interest in trying to play up Sony's reliability, a.k.a. people who want you to buy the console, or want to defend its reputation for whatever reason. Basically, the only people who say they've had a "perfectly reliable" PS1 or PS2 are those reps from Sony or the fail-tards @ gamestop/EB/etc. NOBODY who has ever actually bought one has ever not had to repair or replace one. Every single person I'd ever met who actually owned a playstation(1/2) can't say that they've had one that hasn't gone wrong on them. The Playstations of the prior gen may have received some great games, sure, but let's be real here. They're about as reliable as a British Leyland car.