Do you think Final Fantasy Versus will be released on PS4 than PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Truvietplaya (659 posts) -

I think for as long as it's been in development that Square Enix is holding off to release this title for PS4 since it's almost around the corner. What do you guys think? How about a launch title? I think this would be a smart move for Sony because there are people out there already buying PS4 on day one but can you imagine the million of hardcore FF fans out there that's going to be super stoke if this were true. I believe the PS4's price point will not be as high as $599 and $699....I think it was. Correct me if I'm wrong.

SQUARE ENIX SHOULD JUST SPILL THE BEANS ND TELL EVERYBODY WHAT'S GOING ON INSTEAD OF TRYING TO KEEP US INTERESTED BY GRABBING US BY THE BALLS.

#2 Posted by whiskeystrike (12172 posts) -

I'll be surprised if it ever comes out

#3 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

No. I don't see any reason to do that. Besides, Square would probably just use that as an excuse to take longer. "We trashed everything and are starting over on a new console! Noctis and Stella will see you in 7 more years!!"

#4 Posted by Jackc8 (8515 posts) -

No. They've been working on the game for several years now and PS4 dev kits just came out recently. Contrary to popular belief, going from one generation to another doesn't just involve copying and pasting everything onto the new system - whole new engines need to be created to maximize performance and the game would need to be rebuilt starting from scratch.

#5 Posted by punisher1 (3264 posts) -

never coming here. give up.

#6 Posted by idunnodude (2287 posts) -

whiskeystrike

my thoughts exactly.

#7 Posted by Megavideogamer (6348 posts) -

Square Enix should already be at work on a Final Fanstasy Game for Playstation 4. Then it will be ready 2 years after the launch of PS4. So the game should be ready by 2016.

#8 Posted by mariokart64fan (20546 posts) -

No. They've been working on the game for several years now and PS4 dev kits just came out recently. Contrary to popular belief, going from one generation to another doesn't just involve copying and pasting everything onto the new system - whole new engines need to be created to maximize performance and the game would need to be rebuilt starting from scratch.

Jackc8
lol pd0 was in dev since n64 and it came out on xbox360 , and you know that kameo game it was supposed to be a ngc game , theres alot of things thatll surprise you such as goldeneye almost being a snes game lol
#9 Posted by supa_badman (16714 posts) -

Still can't believe the game was teased BACK IN 06

LIKE WHEN THE PS3 CAME OUT

fkn Square, man

#11 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

whiskeystrike
#12 Posted by SuperLegends (25 posts) -
"Final Fantasy: Forever" is what they should rename it...been waiting on this for 7 years now..
#13 Posted by CTR360 (8403 posts) -

whiskeystrike
same here
#14 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -
[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

CTR360
same here

agreed, even duke nukem forever was released sooner than versus , its just a urban legend :D
#15 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

[QUOTE="CTR360"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

AmnesiaHaze

same here

agreed, even duke nukem forever was released sooner than versus , its just a urban legend :D

I thought DNF took 15 years? Its only been about 7 for Versus. :?

#16 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5685 posts) -

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="CTR360"] same hereLucky_Krystal

I thought DNF took 15 years? Its only been about 7 for Versus. :?

i mean it was released before versus , was not referring to the actual development lenght