Do You Think FFXIII Will be Sold Out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

Dumb question, I know, but I remember trying to buy Demon's Souls and I literally had to go to almost a dozen shops just to find ONE copy of it remaining. I'm planning on buying FFXIII, maybe even on the day its released, but am wondering if I should pre-order it incase it'll be sold out fast, however since you get nothing with a pre-order I don't know if it's worth it. What do you guys think?

naaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 naaros
Member since 2009 • 330 Posts

Doubt it'll be sold out. Also, depending on the place you pre-order from, you get some things. Not much, but Amazon gives you $10 off next game purchase and a PDF file with a mini-guide for the game. Walmart gives a $10 gift card. GameStop gives a 28 page (I think) mini-strategy guide book with pre-order. Not sure what else.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
I dunno about most people but I rarely find any PS3 games sold out. Sometimes GameStop has the stupid thing where you have to reserve the game or they won't give you a copy, but I go to Target if that happens and they always have it in stock. However, one of my friends kind of scared me into reserving a copy of FF13 because I did have a small incident with Heavy Rain a few weeks ago where GameStop didn't have a copy but when they looked in the back they found one. So it's better to be safe and it's not like pre-ordering it makes it cost more or something. You really don't lose anything and you guarantee yourself a copy.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It doesn't hurt to pre-order. Places that give bonuses on release day might sell out though such as Target and Toys R Us. They are giving out giftcards with the purchase of the game. With a game of this magnitude though if you're just looking to get the game you should have no problem finding it somewhere.

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

I doubt it will be sold out. The pre-order numbers for this game are quite low as well. So it should be easy to find.

themountaindew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 themountaindew
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
This may not be a big deal to you, but it is to me: If i plan on buying a new game from Gamestop, I'll pre order if I can, even if its not likely to be sold out. Because that way you get a sealed copy without their stickers all over it. Does that aggravate anyone else?
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
This may not be a big deal to you, but it is to me: If i plan on buying a new game from Gamestop, I'll pre order if I can, even if its not likely to be sold out. Because that way you get a sealed copy without their stickers all over it. Does that aggravate anyone else?themountaindew
lmao, yeah I know what you mean
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
No because they'll probably print enough copies of this game to reach from earth to the moon if you stacked them vertically.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Its entirely possible but it really depends on your area. Around here in my town, I am the only one I know thats buying it so I would say no here.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

You better pre-order it. I have mine pre-ordered and guaranteed to arrive on the release date.

Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Abecale
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

On release day in the afternoon, i doubt you would find many copies. But Pre-order now just in-case. Sometimes i even ring up stores on release day, ask them if they have any copies left, if they do, i ask them if they can hold it for me underneath the counter and ill be there in half an hour, 9 times out of 10, they say yes and hold it for me til i get there.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

i doubt so.

i thought it could exceed MW2's sales, but it's not going to happen for sure, and GOW3 might have better sales than FF13.

HeroKen-ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 HeroKen-ii
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

NO I don't, because FF13 is a big title and I'm sure they will order alot of copy's.

The only reason demon souls ran out was because they only shipped in about 5 copy's per electronic stores.

I'm also not getting the game because it's way to linear.

I think i'll wait a bit till the price drops. (Not going to happen any time soon)

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
This may not be a big deal to you, but it is to me: If i plan on buying a new game from Gamestop, I'll pre order if I can, even if its not likely to be sold out. Because that way you get a sealed copy without their stickers all over it. Does that aggravate anyone else?themountaindew
lol I hate it when they do that. If I do buy from GameStop (which is very rare nowadays) I always make sure they pull it out of the cabinet and that's its still sealed and brand new. To answer your question TC, I seriously doubt it'll sell out. I'm sure SE is shipping PLENTY of copies out of the game so you shouldn't have any problems finding one.
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Abecale

What annoys me is there are still some places that get new games in, unseal every single one, put the disc's in a draw behind the counter, only rubber banding the manual and the disc together, put the empty cases on the shelf, and somehow have the gall to sell the game as brand new.

ITS NOT BRAND NEW IF YOU UNSEAL IT AND TAKE THE DISC OUT OF THE CASE!

The moment you take the plastic off the game, its no longer new.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

What annoys me is there are still some places that get new games in, unseal every single one, put the disc's in a draw behind the counter, only rubber banding the manual and the disc together, put the empty cases on the shelf, and somehow have the gall to sell the game as brand new.

Abecale
Exactly. That's why I don't shop there anymore.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
You're referring to Demon's Souls, a game in which the developer and publisher didn't expect mass media attention, so they launched a much less significant amount than, per se, Final Fantasy 13. FF13, is expecting huge sales, especially after it's commercial success in Japan, with 1.5 million copies in its first week. It's incomparable. As to your question, FF13 isn't going to sell out. And if the game store or electronic store rep says it will.. don't listen to him. But look, what's the harm in reserving one now? Call your local store and ask if they have pre-orders. I was just at Gamestop this week and they're still taking plenty orders. It would be a different story if they were offering a limited edition like God of War's Ultimate Edition. That thing sold out ages ago. Well, good luck.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
I'm sure there will be plenty of copies. I just cancelled my pre-order yesterday and my buddy who works there claims he's had quite a few people come in and cancel theirs, too. For one, GameStop offers absolutely nothing for pre-ordering, so there's really no incentive unless you absolutely have to play that day. I decided to wait til I get more reviews from some of the more hardcore Final Fantasy fans like myself before I got pick it up.
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Abecale

I'm sure there will be plenty of copies. I just cancelled my pre-order yesterday and my buddy who works there claims he's had quite a few people come in and cancel theirs, too. For one, GameStop offers absolutely nothing for pre-ordering, so there's really no incentive unless you absolutely have to play that day. I decided to wait til I get more reviews from some of the more hardcore Final Fantasy fans like myself before I got pick it up. TheEldestGod

You shouldnt let any review sway you from playing a game you want to play.

Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#20 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
I doubt it'll be sold out. Demon's Souls was probably hard to find not b/c it sold out but b/c a lot of places didn't bother to stock many copies (if any at all). It was a sleeper hit that took a lot of people by surprise. God knows Best Buy won't have that problem with a Final Fantasy game -- they'll probably have a hundred copies per store.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
I'm sure there will be plenty of copies. I just cancelled my pre-order yesterday and my buddy who works there claims he's had quite a few people come in and cancel theirs, too. For one, GameStop offers absolutely nothing for pre-ordering, so there's really no incentive unless you absolutely have to play that day. I decided to wait til I get more reviews from some of the more hardcore Final Fantasy fans like myself before I got pick it up. TheEldestGod
But if you are a hardcore FF fan, you wouldn't need the feedback from others to sway your decision.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Distribution of Demon's Souls =/= Distribution of Final Fantasy XIII You should have absolutely not problem finding a copy on the very first day.
Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

You're referring to Demon's Souls, a game in which the developer and publisher didn't expect mass media attention, so they launched a much less significant amount than, per se, Final Fantasy 13. FF13, is expecting huge sales, especially after it's commercial success in Japan, with 1.5 million copies in its first week. It's incomparable. As to your question, FF13 isn't going to sell out. And if the game store or electronic store rep says it will.. don't listen to him. But look, what's the harm in reserving one now? Call your local store and ask if they have pre-orders. I was just at Gamestop this week and they're still taking plenty orders. It would be a different story if they were offering a limited edition like God of War's Ultimate Edition. That thing sold out ages ago. Well, good luck.Elian2530

I see what you're saying, and it totally makes sense. However I'm also thinking of SFIV now. That game was sold out for atleast 2 weeks (atleast where I'm at) and apparently a lot of stores ordered tons of copies. However, I think you're right and I'll probably just reserve one tomorrow. Thanks!

themountaindew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 themountaindew
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

Abecale
well, you have to understand why they do it. i don't like those stickers, but the store itself is really convenient. at walmart, or target, you have to get associates to let you view games and its a real hassle. at gamestop, they have a bigger selection and youre free to look at whatever you want, how long you want without salesmen breathing down your neck. im not the biggest fan of gamestop, and i do believe they're cheats, the way they do trade ins and sell the games back for just 5 dollars less than new, but you have to admit the store is incredibly convenient, and the best place I know to get video games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

Any game that's expected to sell well will be flooded into stores. Demon's Souls was an amazing game, but it wasn't expected to do as well as it did, which is why it was hard to find. So... in short, no, FFXIII definitely will not sell out anywhere.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I didn't even think in today's age, games get sold out anymore.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I'm sure there will be plenty of copies. I just cancelled my pre-order yesterday and my buddy who works there claims he's had quite a few people come in and cancel theirs, too. For one, GameStop offers absolutely nothing for pre-ordering, so there's really no incentive unless you absolutely have to play that day. I decided to wait til I get more reviews from some of the more hardcore Final Fantasy fans like myself before I got pick it up. Ultrabeatdown55
But if you are a hardcore FF fan, you wouldn't need the feedback from others to sway your decision.

I'm a fan of the real Final Fantasy games. Y'know, the ones with explorable towns, mini-games, NPCs, and a world map? That was the Final Fantasy I've come to love over the years. Final Fantasy X was actauly my least favorite so far, and I'm pretty sure this one (since it follows and builds on the same things that made FFX not very much of a Final Fantasy) will be the worst of all. As you can see, I already had it preordered and paid in full, so my loyalty to the series was intact for some time. However, after reading in multiple reviews how it actually betrays the Final Fantasy namesake I've come to change my mind. I refuse to remain loyal to a game that cant even remain loyal to its own brand. So I'm lwaiting for some more user feedback on this one. Its easy to pick the real fans out of the ones who just like FFX and (god forbid) X2.
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Abecale

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I'm sure there will be plenty of copies. I just cancelled my pre-order yesterday and my buddy who works there claims he's had quite a few people come in and cancel theirs, too. For one, GameStop offers absolutely nothing for pre-ordering, so there's really no incentive unless you absolutely have to play that day. I decided to wait til I get more reviews from some of the more hardcore Final Fantasy fans like myself before I got pick it up. TheEldestGod

I'm a fan of the real Final Fantasy games. Y'know, the ones with explorable towns, mini-games, NPCs, and a world map? That was the Final Fantasy I've come to love over the years. Final Fantasy X was actauly my least favorite so far, and I'm pretty sure this one (since it follows and builds on the same things that made FFX not very much of a Final Fantasy) will be the worst of all. As you can see, I already had it preordered and paid in full, so my loyalty to the series was intact for some time. However, after reading in multiple reviews how it actually betrays the Final Fantasy namesake I've come to change my mind. I refuse to remain loyal to a game that cant even remain loyal to its own brand. So I'm lwaiting for some more user feedback on this one. Its easy to pick the real fans out of the ones who just like FFX and (god forbid) X2.

I use to think you were cool, now that post just made you lose a point of your coolness. Your currently a 8.5, and now based on that score, people arent going to want to be your friend anymore.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEldestGod

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I'm sure there will be plenty of copies. I just cancelled my pre-order yesterday and my buddy who works there claims he's had quite a few people come in and cancel theirs, too. For one, GameStop offers absolutely nothing for pre-ordering, so there's really no incentive unless you absolutely have to play that day. I decided to wait til I get more reviews from some of the more hardcore Final Fantasy fans like myself before I got pick it up. Abecale

You shouldnt let any review sway you from playing a game you want to play.

I agree, but if the review states undeniable facts that actually turn you off to the game all together than I'm pretty sure its okay to change your mind about paying $60 for it. I really don't care to much about playing it all of a sudden. However, if it gets some positive feedback from more users who actually play the game then I may reconsider. Until then... I'm playing Heavy Rain, BF: BC2, and End of Eternity (so I have no problem waiting it out!).
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheEldestGod

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"]But if you are a hardcore FF fan, you wouldn't need the feedback from others to sway your decision.Abecale

I use to think you were cool, now that post just made you lose a point of your coolness. Your currently a 8.5, and now based on that score, people arent going to want to be your friend anymore.

Woohoo! 8.5! That means I'm "Great!" You seem to misunderstand, dude. That's fine. If you don't get how someone can change their mind about a game because its not going to be what they were expecting in the first place then there's not really anything I can say. If I lost my cool points because I don't like FFX as much as a lot of you guys do... sue me! :P I have my preferences just like everyone else!
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Abecale

Im not saying that, im saying your judging it and you havent even played it yet. Your taking these formed opinions as your own. Sure its not the Final Fantasies of 7 8 and 9, im pretty sure nothing will be like those ever again. I like those games, sure, they are great, but i also like how Square-enix is evolving thier games, doing things differently, keeping it fresh, Id rather have a fresh new JRPG then have 30 clones of final fantasy 7. But still seems like a good game to me.

Play the game, try it out, THEN you can form your own opinion about it.

Whats the old saying, 'Dont judge a book by its cover'?

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Seems unlikely. Demon Souls is way more super niche than any Final Fantasy game. You'll be able to grab FFXIII from most stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Sears, etc on day one. The only place that might sell out is Gamestop, because they under order everything in hopes of getting more used game sales for the title.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I'm sure there will be plenty of copies. I just cancelled my pre-order yesterday and my buddy who works there claims he's had quite a few people come in and cancel theirs, too. For one, GameStop offers absolutely nothing for pre-ordering, so there's really no incentive unless you absolutely have to play that day. I decided to wait til I get more reviews from some of the more hardcore Final Fantasy fans like myself before I got pick it up. TheEldestGod

And it's pretty pathetic to label the people who like FFX and X-2 as "not real fans." I love both of them, yet my favorites are the SNES era FF's. Your opinion is cool and everything, but stop sounding like the rabid Zelda fans who condemn every new Zelda installment because it isn't Ocarina of Time. We're better than that.

Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts

sold out no but will sll atlest 1 million copies in first week. lots of FF fans out there

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Seems unlikely. Demon Souls is way more super niche than any Final Fantasy game. You'll be able to grab FFXIII from most stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Sears, etc on day one. The only place that might sell out is Gamestop, because they under order everything in hopes of getting more used game sales for the title.Senor_Kami

That, and Atlus has always been odd when it comes to availability.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Oooooh yes.

Yes it will.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="Abecale"]

Im not saying that, im saying your judging it and you havent even played it yet. Your taking these formed opinions as your own. Sure its not the Final Fantasies of 7 8 and 9, im pretty sure nothing will be like those ever again. I like those games, sure, they are great, but i also like how Square-enix is evolving thier games, doing things differently, keeping it fresh, Id rather have a fresh new JRPG then have 30 clones of final fantasy 7. But still seems like a good game to me.

Play the game, try it out, THEN you can form your own opinion about it.

Whats the old saying, 'Dont judge a book by its cover'?

See, that's the thing. I haven't really stated an opinion on the game. I don't know what to think of it. I KNOW I don't want to spend $60 to find out. From the facts I've heard about the game I don't think I'm going to enjoy it very much. I was originally going on the blind hope that its going to be good simply because its a FF game. So instead of judging the book by its cover I'm actually taking a moment to look further into before making my decision. I never said I wasn't going to play it, did I? The worst I said is that it could quite possibly be the most disappointing Final Fantasy game ever, and that's not really a BAD thing. Even the worst Final Fantasy is still an awesome game. Like 8.5 is still an awesome score. The game may be great, and if it is I'll play it. However, I was wanting a traditional style Final Fantasy game. This one obviously won't be, which is why I decided to cancel my preorder and wait until I know more about the game.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheEldestGod

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"]But if you are a hardcore FF fan, you wouldn't need the feedback from others to sway your decision.Khadaj32

And it's pretty pathetic to label the people who like FFX and X-2 as "not real fans." I love both of them, yet my favorites are the SNES era FF's. Your opinion is cool and everything, but stop sounding like the rabid Zelda fans who condemn every new Zelda installment because it isn't Ocarina of Time. We're better than that.

I never said anyone who likes FFX or X-2 aren't real fans. I said anyone who ONLY likes those games are not real fans. I know people personally who LOVE FFX, but think the rest of the series in its entirety is stupid. They're the ones who complain about FFXII so much, because it was more like the other FF games and not so much like FFX (i.e., it was less accessible and involved more traditional RPG elements). Those are the ones I'm expecting to enjoy this game the most. They are a group, a demographic, a LABEL - if you will - and they fall under the same category as Faux Final Fantasy Fans. :P Anyway, Ocarina of Time is the last Zelda game I played. Nothing compares!!! :P
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

Do games really sell out in this dage and age?????

I understand pre ordering for a bonus, but I thought Pre orders were only to push children into handing over a few bucks so the store secures you will buy the game from them....If it was not for insecure children afraid to talk back, gamestop would go out of business, cause they make a killing of these kids through buy backs and pre orders......

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

Please direct any and all FF XIII queries here. Thanks!