Do you play the free to play games on PS4?

#1 Posted by NukleaWorfair (320 posts) -

My PS4+ subscription expires in November and I don't play online enough to warrant the renewal, nor the rental games (a.k.a Free games) they give per month.

But I'd still like to play it online still now and again. Fortnite doesn't appeal to me. But does anyone here play the other Free to play games? And if so, what ones?

#2 Edited by aliber (3 posts) -

@NukleaWorfair: ok thanks

#4 Posted by NukleaWorfair (320 posts) -

@aliber: ??

#5 Posted by pyro1245 (4248 posts) -

Nah. Never even look at them TBH.

#6 Posted by carolynjlee297 (6 posts) -

Yes, I play and love to play games on PS4.

#7 Posted by NukleaWorfair (320 posts) -

I'm not talking about PS4 games in general. I'm talking about the free to play games, the ones you don't need a PS+ subscription for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
#8 Posted by deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4 (1750 posts) -

Have you played Orcs Must Die Unchained yet? it's free to play on ps4

#9 Edited by thanik (3 posts) -

ขอบคุณครับ http://www.ufa007.com :AO

#10 Posted by NukleaWorfair (320 posts) -
@narutosup said:

Have you played Orcs Must Die Unchained yet? it's free to play on ps4

No. I'll check it out.

#11 Posted by avalloneandrea (8 posts) -

I play Paladins sometimes...usually when I'm waiting for my next game to be delivered!

#12 Posted by goodzorr (411 posts) -

Nah, never play them so I'm gonna let my PS+ expire next month. I tend to just use my PS4 for single player games nowadays.

#13 Posted by SaltSlasher (525 posts) -

Eh, not really into console free to install games.

#14 Posted by VFighter (4019 posts) -

I've played a bunch over the years, but with my backlog growing weekly I don't play as many of them as I'd like.

#15 Posted by TrapStar400 (12 posts) -

I have played the "freebies" before when I was either done beating one of my othere games or if I was frustrated with some part in a game I was playing and needed a break from it and still wanted to keep playing on my ps4. But ultimately, or I rather quality games.

#16 Posted by comoestas (19 posts) -

No, I don't find these free game interesting.

However I really can find some cool games in monthly free games list (with PS+) sometimes. It can be a great opportunity to try something new and to find another interesting games to play.

#17 Edited by ArchoNils2 (10223 posts) -

Very rarely. The few games that interest me I usually own before they become "free"

#18 Posted by InnerGame (174 posts) -

Yes, I do. This is a good opportunity to try new games without spending money. For example, recently I tried to play Warface and I liked it. If you don't appeal Fortnite because of cartoon graphic, you can try more realistic games.

#19 Posted by MarcRecon (8144 posts) -

@innergame said:

Yes, I do. This is a good opportunity to try new games without spending money. For example, recently I tried to play Warface and I liked it. If you don't appeal Fortnite because of cartoon graphic, you can try more realistic games.

Same here. I thought Warface was definitely an above average free to play game. Even though it has microtransactions, the stock content is solid enough that some people might not feel a need to upgrade.....IMO of course.

#20 Posted by BlackBalls (809 posts) -

wtf isn't there an exact thread made like an hour ago?

#21 Posted by sukraj (27808 posts) -

neverer played them

#22 Posted by Nedri (4 posts) -

nope. dont like any free games.

#23 Posted by Bunniess95 (6 posts) -

Nope, the free games are usually pointless to be fair.

#25 Posted by sakaiXx (4176 posts) -

Nope.

#26 Posted by AJStyles (245 posts) -

Guns Up was awesome until level 20 or 30 where the game becomes a drag and I found it impossible to make my base any better.

#27 Posted by Mike_Mor (9 posts) -

usually not but when i do i get really addicted to the framing games..

#28 Posted by Andarth539 (3 posts) -

A lot of the free games are kinda bad tho

#29 Posted by boatingkol (8 posts) -

I like free things, sure I do play them!

#30 Posted by Baron_Machina (265 posts) -

I played a few, and there are a couple that I picked up and haven't gotten to yet, but plan to eventually.

#31 Posted by faizanalam990 (2 posts) -

No, I never play this game but I want to play. Can anyone tell me the best ps4 price in Pakistan?

#32 Posted by VFighter (4019 posts) -

Started playing Bulletstorm, games a blast so far.

#33 Posted by livingdeadman (124 posts) -

@NukleaWorfair: since your subscription expires this month I should let others know that on Black Friday, they have ps plus for $20 dollars off. To answer your question, I did play Fortnite for a month, but deleted it to make space for other games. But no other free to Play game.

#34 Posted by GTR12 (13254 posts) -

@livingdeadman said:

@NukleaWorfair: since your subscription expires this month I should let others know that on Black Friday, they have ps plus for $20 dollars off. To answer your question, I did play Fortnite for a month, but deleted it to make space for other games. But no other free to Play game.

LMAO, US people think they are getting a deal, but they aren't, make a different region account, and that discount is so much more.

#36 Posted by Zeenat (12 posts) -

Yes!

Avatar image for gettingonwithgaminglife
#37 Edited by GettingonwithGamingLife (118 posts) -

Most people say Brawhalla is trash but if you like Smash Bros and you are up for some nifty action with other people or satisifying offline play then I suggest you have a look. This tends to have a high player retention value but that mostly comes in ranked which I have not touched yet. If you like competitive play try ranked, if you prefer just to have a bit of fun and challenge other players then play the casual game mode.

It is fun, the characters are cool, but it may not be for you.

Warframe is also another choice. It is an MMORPG or MMo, not sure but I have taken a look at it and apparently its about space ninjas, the combat looks decent but it can be grindy. If you like grinding then this is the game for you.

Warface is another choice and I have played a bit. I don;t know if it is mentioned in this thread already. It is basically a solid fps shooter with co op and PVP, whatever you prefer :). I need to get back to it sometimes and get good at the co op (pvp not enjoyable, I suck) more PVE oriented. But yes often people complain that it has P2W elements.

#38 Posted by musicalmac (24981 posts) -

I've tried a few of them, and deleted a few of them.

Paladins, Warframe, and Smite are all solid choices if you aren't playing them on another platform already. I wish I could play Warframe on my computer and PS4, but it doesn't sync 1:1. Glad I held off on Smite, been playing that on PS4, lots of fun. Also playing Neverwinter right now, and that's also been really fun.

Warface, Brawlhalla, Toukiden 2, Planetside 2 are all games I tried and deleted. I liked Toukiden 2 actually, but it's really not a F2P game so much as it is shareware (like a big, extended demo). Warface is kind of annoying to play, because the folks with whom you might play are annoying. Brawlhalla is a little too simple for my liking. Planetside 2 on PS4 is really bad, would not recommend to anyone.

That's all I've gotten through so far.

#39 Posted by Longsnout (138 posts) -

Tried Let it Die just because I like Suda but that's it.