Do u think Sony will redesign the SIXAXIS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nish14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nish14
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
Me, personally I think Sony has made a huge mistake with the SIXAXIS controller. I do have a PS3 and love the system (even tho no good games yet) but I am so dispointed with this new controller. I mean this is nex gen, using the same controller for the past 8yrs (
MattDizzle904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MattDizzle904
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
the whole idea is to keep you comfortable with what you know, whats the use in getting used to a whole new controller every generation?
spinalremains1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 spinalremains1
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
Me, personally I think Sony has made a huge mistake with the SIXAXIS controller. I do have a PS3 and love the system (even tho no good games yet) but I am so dispointed with this new controller. I mean this is nex gen, using the same controller for the past 8yrs (nish14
What did you expect. Its the controller we have all been using for years, and we're used to. The tilt control is really cool for flying games and maybe other things we just dont know about yet. I mean its cordless and light so its still great. Next gen is the what the console can do. The controller is simply a tool for the gaming. I see no problems with it at all. As a matter of fact Im glad they didnt change it too much. I have been using PS controllers for almost 10 years. It feels like an extension of my hand. Starting all over and learning a new feel for a game would kinda suck. You get the most out of a game when you can handle the controller well. Sony's controller is well balanced and very ergonomic.
dubvisions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dubvisions
Member since 2006 • 1815 Posts

If it ain't broke don;t fix it.  The playstation controller is the best ever made.  Xbox users only brag about their controllers to hide the jealousy.  Yes, they removed the rumble but that's where they got "next gen.", i guess.  I think the six-axis has potential.  You have to think that there's going to be other types of controllers to play with that uses the same technology.

My question to you is this; What in the heck do you want?!?  Nintendo went controller crazy and lacks on overall substance.  Xbox kept the same controller and the system is......

Unless you can tell us what the better option is, keep it to a minimum.

Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
No, next question.
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 w7w7w7w7w7
Member since 2006 • 4891 Posts
To flimsy, i can almost bend it in my hands. I loved the ps2 version, but hopefully it will grow on me.
StanC1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StanC1987
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Whats wrong with an 8 year old controller.  Its tried and true in terms of functionality.  You must be an xbox fan boy for thinking it needs a redesign.  I bet you dont even own the ps3 like you say you do.  Your just implicitly getting everyone to dish out more dirt on sony's coffin.  Your weak man... your weak....

Yeah im just playing... the controller is hideous, it doesnt even flow with the lines of the PS3.  And the fact that they lost the rumble feature.... its just embarassing to even think of it as a next gen controller.  New designs are supposed to increase in functionality over time... not lose them.
thestickman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thestickman
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

Xbox kept the same controller and the system is......

dubvisions
The face of the controller may be the same, but the overall design is actually somewhat different, as the 360's controller is incredibly comfortable compared to the original Xbox controller S. As far as the Sixaxis, no I don't think Sony will redesign it, they have a trend going with keeping the same shape from the very beginning but just bringing subtle changes to the game pad's operation. Honestly I miss the rumble, but I guess that's just something I'll have to get used to overtime, and I think the tilt function as well as analog triggers of the controller will help distract the player from what its missing. Not only that, but you get much longer battery life and the controller weighs much less without the rumble motors (could be a good or bad thing I suppose, but the less it weighs, the longer you can hold it without getting agitated). So take off your gloves and get ready to brave the long haul, because the Sixaxis is here to stay...
Fire_Siege

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Fire_Siege
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts
U kno at times I do miss the vibration (its not a big deal but u know it not there) but other than that its great why fix what's not broken Sony started with a great concept that just keeps getting better.:D
Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts
They will probably add Rumble to it later, but I really doubt Sony is ever going to change the controller. If it works for them, why try to mess it up by spending money to make a new one?
TheYellowYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheYellowYeti
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts
I think the controller is great, sure it has no rumble, but i hardly notice that it's missing.  the controller is great because it is so light, and the L2 and R2 buttons are a great new feature.  I think the sixaxis is fine for the PS3, and it's great that they kept the PS2 controller like design